Getting to HS if taking a ride share service - uber, lyft or using MEARS

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We are trying to figure out how we can easil/quickly get to HS without taking and waiting forever for the resort buses. I have heard of people getting dropped off at BW and then walking. So I am guessing that theses ride services might have to go through the same car lines as those driving into park at HS thus having to wait in a long line - is that correct?

I had booked MEARS for a couple morning to get from our resort to HS but now I am wondering if i should change to get dropped off at the BW, but then again to visit a resort don't you need a dining reservation?

So many loops to figure out how to get to the park for opening.

You are correct that any taxi service will be waiting with the cars. The parking booths open at 9am, and cars can start lining up about 8:45am. If you prefer to be dropped off elsewhere, the Speedway gas station near the park is a good option. You don't need a reservation and the walk is about 15 minutes. There's more details on this method in the Galaxy's Edge subforum.

People have reported taking Uber/Lyft to:
- the Speedway gas station
- the Boardwalk
- the Swan

The BoardWalk will have someone working at the gatehouse who may or may not ask the Uber driver if you have a dining reservation. Some people are doing mobile order pick up at the BoardWalk in the hopes that this will get them in if the guard stops them.

Apparently the Swan has no guardhouse so you don't have the potential issue of the guard asking questions when you are dropped off.

Hi.
Can anyone please give me the specific Speedway Gas Station where I need to be dropped off so I can input the address.

We are six adults, all in our 50s/early 60s and can walk without problems but is it an easy walk and crossing the street?
Thank you very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!