Getting to Port not cruising with Disney

Rich M

DIS Veteran
How does everyone get from Disney World to the port when your not doing a Disney Cruise? I have been trying to figure out how I am going to get to the port and back to Disney after as I am going in the middle of my Disney days.

Your options are basically car service or car rental.

One way car rentals would be cheapest (MCO to port canaveral seems pretty common, not certain about WDW to port canaveral), but the car service would be fastest.

You could also rent a car, park it, then take it back, but that seems a bit costly.

Your options are basically car service or car rental.

One way car rentals would be cheapest (MCO to port canaveral seems pretty common, not certain about WDW to port canaveral), but the car service would be fastest.

You could also rent a car, park it, then take it back, but that seems a bit costly.

So they have rental car companies at the port?

Yep. Budget, Avis and Alamo I believe. You have to take a shuttle over to the port. I did this with Budget when I went on DCL Fantasy.

Last time,we were going on DCL, but we used the Budget that’s in the Doubletree hotel. They picked us up at our WDW resort and took us to the rental place. Then, my husband dropped us (and luggage) off at the port, took the car back and took their free shuttle to the port. All in all, it was a pretty quick, painless process. We are actually doing this again this September for an RC Cruise going out of Miami.

First cruise we did Disney first and had a shuttle pick us up there, take us to the ship, then back to the airport at the end of the cruise. Second time we did Disney after the cruise, we went back to the airport from the cruise then took the Magic Express to the hotel. We'll be doing that in April as well. It is a bit longer, but the cost to take a shuttle to Disney was a bit more than I wanted to spend. If you are comfortable driving then the rental car is probably the best option. I don't like to drive.

used cortrans shuttle, picked us up at our (airport) hotel, then dropped us off directly at the airport after the cruise (didn't have to do roundtrip, but we did)

used cortrans shuttle, picked us up at our (airport) hotel, then dropped us off directly at the airport after the cruise (didn't have to do roundtrip, but we did)
We used cortrans as well just this past week. They were EXCELLENT! So easy. The cost was $20 per person each way. I would totally use them again.

We used cortrans as well just this past week. They were EXCELLENT! So easy. The cost was $20 per person each way. I would totally use them again.

So if I take DME back to the airport then I can catch one of these shuttles? Can I go back to the airport with the shuttle and then use DME back to Disney? I am going to the cruise on the weekend and being at DW during the week

So if I take DME back to the airport then I can catch one of these shuttles? Can I go back to the airport with the shuttle and then use DME back to Disney? I am going to the cruise on the weekend and being at DW during the week

Yes to all of that. You can also find a few shuttles that will pick you up at Disney and take you to the port, and back again. But they are more expensive. I would imagine it's faster than going to the airport between though. I had a quote from Coco Beach shuttle that was $95 for two (plus 20% gratuities) from POP Century to the cruise port. Not sure if there are more if the price per person goes down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter