"Gift Certificates" for taking relatives to DVC

MikeScott8

SSR-Poly DVC Member
Hi all,

My fiance and I will be giving her two sisters (and thier families/sig. others) a stay at DVC for Xmas this year (stay good in Jan 2004). Now I am wondering if anyone else who has done this made up some kind of certificates to give them? What type of application did you use?

I also ordered the custom T-shirts from Disney Catalog today for the trip. So for xmas they will be getting the shirts and whatever "certificate" we come up with, and maybe a planning guide book.

Thanks,
Mike

you could use any one of the programs like...

printmaster..

print shop

corel print...

etc....

to make up certificates

We did this too, but had custom shirts done for everyone. It was great fun!!

The first Christmas following our purchase, we gave both of our parent's "25 points" to use as they chose.

I made up a little notebook with the point charts for all of the resorts (at the time - 1997), and decorated it with pictures, etc.

Of course - we were well prepared to throw in a few extra points if necessary to complete a reservation - within reason. :)

We all live very close, so it was a great value to them - afforded them a nice little 2-3 night getaway...

Originally posted by MikeScott8
Hi all,

My fiance and I will be giving her two sisters (and thier families/sig. others) a stay at DVC for Xmas this year (stay good in Jan 2004). Now I am wondering if anyone else who has done this made up some kind of certificates to give them? What type of application did you use?

In the past, I'd have used Quark Express for the layout, my scanner for some artwork, and Photoshop to clean up the pictures...But I realize not everyone is lucky enough to own a Mac, let alone these rather expensive programs. ;)

Now a days, I'd probably still use Quark to do the basic layout and text, which you could duplicate in something like word. We would then raid our scrapbooking supply for Disney stickers and rubber stamps to really make it special. Of course, we'd be creating the 'cert' on acid/lignan free paper so when they redeem it, we'd use it to make a scrapbook page for them.

-Joe

Thanks for the ideas so far!! please keep them coming, keep in mind I am not really much of an artist and don't have any print master programs (last printMaster version I had was DOS on floppies for my 8088 PC)

Mike

Mike, this past Christmas we had a mail order gift that wasn't going to arrive in time, so needed some type of certificate, especially one we could customize.

We just searched the web and found several sites with free downloadable certificates. We used one of those that had a definite Christmas theme to it, and then put in our own text. I didn't keep track of the URL we used, but you could probably do a search on 'certificates' or other combination of words and see what you can find.

Bill

YOu can buy nice certificate paper at an office supply store with nice boarders, etc. Papersdirect has beautiful paper. and then add your own text and graphics through your workprocessor. You could get some nice Disney stickers for a seal and it'll look great. Disney stores might have some trinkets, perhaps a disney box or envelope. Wouldn't it be great to have a video tape of the WDW channel that talks about all the great things there are to do at Disney world as part of the gift? You could play the tape and show some of the places you'd like to visit. You could get pictures off of this website to describe thier accomodations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter