Girl Scout Patches?

WillowRain

You can find me at Animal Kingdom!
I am travelling with my 2 Daisies, we are new to scouts, but I asked our head leader if we can earn patches on vacation. She said we can earn fun badges on the back of our vests, so I am wondering does Disneyworld have iron on patches still? I see some online but they all seem to be older. I am hoping to get them maybe 1 or 2 from each park, like Safari and kind to animals at AK, around the world at Epcot, Not really sure about the other 2 parks yet. But so such things exist?

I haven't seen them there - but I wasn't really looking for them, although GS patches would have caught my eye. I was a Brownie troop leader for a few years, and got sucked into the regional leadership stuff. Beware the power of getting involved - you start small, and then they just roll over you ;)

Oh, I want to know. I'm taking a brownie in a week. She'd love this since she's going to miss her troop meeting.

Any fun patch is fine. Many of us leaders buy from sources other than GS shops anyway. When Penny was a brownie, she did ALL the projects at AK in the Wilderness Exploreer book and I got a WE patch on etsy for her.

Barbie21, thanks for that link. Penny is a Juliette Cadette now and this will be agreat way to do some badgework. I bet Bernard won't even notice! Hahaha

Long time Girl Scout here, let's clarify terms:

- Badges are official awards with defined requirements from GSUSA. Badges are sewn on the front of the age-appropriate vest.

- Patches are unofficial participation items -- sometimes they're called Participation Patches. No requirements, and they can be purchased anywhere. These are sewn on the back of the vest. If you visit a state park or a museum or whatever else -- as a family or with your troop -- and you pick up a patch, it goes on the back of the vest. Older scouts tend to get tired of the Participation Patches on the back of their vests, and they like to start a "patch jacket", which can be worn at camp (gets more use than the official vest). Other scouts like to sew their Participation Patches on a blanket.

I don't know which you're considering for your daughters, but do make sure you're on the right page!

Regardless, sew the items to your vest. Those iron-on things don't work, and then your leader ends up collecting them from the floor and doesn't know to whom they belong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!