Give-A-Day ticket//fastpass question

Please don't throw darts or flames at me, but I just want to make sure I absolutely understand (Let's call this Fastpass Exchange for Dummies!)

How about some flaming darts? Or better, Flaming Lawn Darts Of Doom! :)

I will travel to the World with 3 family members (so, that's 4 of us total--ha ha ;)). Let's say I am the only member to have a voucher. I approach Guest Services with my 3 family members, my voucher, my multi-day ticket, and my ID. I know I will receive a FPXC which is good for 2-4 fastpasses for the Donald/Daisy attractions. Here is my question...

So far so good...

Will my 3 family members also get Exchange Cards? Even though they didn't volunteer? I figured they would have to sponge off my fastpasses, and if it's only going to spew out 3 fastpasses per ride, then one of us would have to skip riding with the rest of us.

Everyone in your group will get a card, so long as they are present at the will call window, and have their park ticket (does not need to be multi-day) with them. They MAY ask for ID for everyone, although there is no technical requirement for it (but any adult should have ID on them anyways).

Can you clarify? (I don't mind if you talk down to me...I just want to be crystal clear!)

I really don't try and talk down to others, although it is hard to come across the right way here. If it does come across that way, I expect someone to call me on it...

This thread is very informative. Thank you so much for all of the information. I am hoping that my family is not too late to sign up for GAD.

Thanks, Doc!

I appreciate no flaming darts!!

I suppose I asked the question because it seems like my family members will be getting something for nothing, and that just doesn't happen much!

So, I work for a worthy cause and my husband and kids get to glom onto my fastpass benefit! Wow!!! Good for them!!!

Of course, it would be lonely leaving them in the standby line while I just use up all the fastpasses and keep passing them by over and over again! Heh heh heh.:rotfl:

KJ

Disney does not like to force families to split up if it can be avoided, such that someone would have to ride alone. That is why Rider Switch allows for up to three guests on a ticket. So they also give out a FPXC to each member of the family, so you can all enjoy the same number of rides, and not have to "pick and choose" if you don't want to...

Just to keep things confusing, here's another reply someone received when they called WDW to ask about using vouchers for FP on the blockout dates...

I had to call WDS today for another question about our upcoming trip and I asked about the blackout dates. The CM I spoke with had to put me on hold and ask and came back and said that the vouchers weren't good for anything during the blackout dates. I guess it makes sense to bring your voucher along and ask and see, in case there has been a change.

Are there blackout dates for using the voucher to get the Fast Pass? We will be there March 27 - April 1.

Those are the same dates we're there too so I emailed the GAD program to ask this question last week and received this reply over the weekend:

Regarding the block-out periods, there are two alternate options available.

The first option is a FASTPASS exchange card. The number of FASTPASS

exchange cards issued per day is limited and may not be available after 11am.

The number of attractions the exchange card is valid for may change

based on a number of factors and therefore is unspecified. Details can

be give upon arrival. The FASTPASS benefit is for the volunteer and up

to 5 members of his/her party.

The second option is an Ear Hat figurine. The Ear Hat figurine is not Vinylmation.

It is a figurine shaped like Mickey Mouse's ears and has a round patch on the

front stating "Honorary Volunteer" on it. In addition, it has six unique Disney

Character trading pins attached to it.

...Thank you for celebrating volunteerism with us.

Sincerely,

Andrew Shepard

“Give A Day. Get A Disney Day.” Support Team

I had previously called twice and was told the same thing on both calls but I wanted it in writing too as there's been so much debate over it here on the boards. I plan to print out the email to bring with us along with the GAD phone number "just in case" we run into any conflicts at the gate. I guess nobody will really know for sure until the blackout dates start on March 29.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter