GKTW Event: Coasting For Kids - June 7, 2015 - $18,767 TOTAL!

ImTooExcitedToSleep

DIS Veteran
Staff member
Coasting For Kids is an event organized by GKTW and Cedar Fair at their theme parks across the country. Over the last couple of years, DISers have formed groups and had DIS meets at several of the Cedar Fair parks.

In 2014, we had 38 DISers participate at 7 different parks and raise over $7,000. Can we get to $10,000 this year? $15,000?

We've decided that this year it won't be East versus West. Get ready for.... [cue echo]
The DIS Coasterpalooza 3.0 - Every Park For Themselves

Registration is now open. See the post below for links.

Registration is $25 and that basically covers admission, shirt, food, etc. In additional, you must raise a minimum of $75 in order to participate on June 7th.

Hope to see you at Knott's Berry Farm (or whichever Cedar Fair Park is close to you)!

10849763_696167063830743_6071921900924349828_n.jpg

Last edited:

It looks like last year sign-ups began in late February. We'll keep an eye out and post information here when registration begins. :thumbsup2

I am interested in joining at Knott's Berry Farm and I have a couple of question.
1. When are the hours of the event? (what have then been in years past, I see nothing official has been posted)
2. Does the DIS organize a hotel room share? I'd be driving in from Las Vegas, so sharing hotel costs would be nice.

I am interested in joining at Knott's Berry Farm and I have a couple of question.
1. When are the hours of the event? (what have then been in years past, I see nothing official has been posted)
2. Does the DIS organize a hotel room share? I'd be driving in from Las Vegas, so sharing hotel costs would be nice.

Usually starts around 8 am, so we get in some rides before the Park opens, and goes until 3 or 4pm if I remember correctly.

We've never had anyone inquire about hotel room shares, but feel free to use this thread for that purpose as well.

Woohoo Just signed up for team East!! Anyone have tips for fundraising? I have never really done an event like this before. Thank tips would be great. :-)

Woohoo Just signed up for team East!! Anyone have tips for fundraising? I have never really done an event like this before. Thank tips would be great. :-)

Welcome aboard Team Canada's Wonderland (??)!!

Sharing the link on social media (Facebook, etc) is the easiest way to start fundraising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts