Goal Getting....my journey....lmhall2000

6/30/05.......179.6

Loss of .2 pounds from yesterday...loss of 6.2 pounds for week one of low carb!!! Going to stick to it 7 more days then add in some healthy carbs.

I'm only 19.8 pounds away from seeing the 150's for the first time in over 10 years!!! YEAH!!! I'm going to melt these pounds off...have a dear friend's wedding October 1st...so I'm going to have it off by then!!!! :)

Let's get losing WISH'ers!!!!
Tara

You do so well on the low carb! I lost 7 lbs in TWO WEEKS on Phase 1 South Beach. Maybe too many nuts? BUt otherwise I would have gone nuts with no fruit!!!! ;)

Calena...well, I think I did so wel this first week because the week prior I had indulged in cheetos, chocolate cake, fried chicken tenders, too many french fries, not enough greens, I did manage to avoid any sugar sodas that week but otherwise it was a bloated abandon ship week. So I'm sure that has something to do with the scale moving down quickly. I also tend to lose 75% of my big loss the first week and the second week on low carb I only tend to lose 1-2 pounds. I'm trying sooo hard to stick to plan..I haven't had any cheats except one bit very small of a homemade birthday cake I made...it was a new recipe and I needed to see if it was a keeper. IT WAS!!! I have homemade chocolate chip cookies staring me in the face this morning..and I was actually tempted!!! I think it has something to do with my weigh in day habit...in the past I would work really hard the few days before official weigh in and then on weigh in day I would allow myself a cheat...so impulsively I reached for that cookie and almost slapped my hand back! Habits are hard to break!

I do have nuts...I think last week I finished off a pint of cashews...they were my in between snack...I get really low blood sugar and I'd eat about 10 cashews 3x a day. I haven't had any fruit yet, though...anxious to have some strawberries next Thursday!!! :)

Stay strong and those pounds will come off...kicking up the exercise every other week helps shock your body into losing, too. I do about 13 miles a week but every other week I try to bump that up to 20 and the scales really move.

Thanks for the support!!!
Tara

You GO Girlfriend!!! Kicking butt and taking names :goodvibes

I can not WAIT to throw that party for you when you hit the 150's

Keep it up :teeth:

Tara,
You a such an inspiration to me! I really appreciate your kind words! I know that we can do this together! :)

Lisa

7/1/05....180.6

Well, it shows a gain of 1 pound since yesterday but there is a caveat...I agreed to weigh daily...but I was still asleep when I walked out the door at 5:30 for my walk and when I got back I was parched..it was soo humid...so I downed about 24 ounces of water....then I took a hot bath and got on the scale...so I'm sure it's not really a gain...but had to post it to be consistent...I bet tomorrow will be a good scale day! :)

I have a friend and her new fiance coming this weekend...and it's hard to eat low carb with company....we're going canoeing for 3 hours this weekend and will need some good snacking/picnic foods that are light to carry...so I may have to have a bit of fruit or something this weekend. I hope my arms are up for 3 hours of canoeing! If you don't hear from me by Monday...know that my arms have fallen off! :)

Tara

Good luck canoeing. You have done a great job getting back on track. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

7/2/05....180.6

Ugh..I did so well yesterday and got my 4.3 mile walk in in good time...even walked about 2 miles at the mall....I have been bad about drinking my water and probably have had too much salt...so I'll try and correct those things...I don't like seeing 18anything! :)

The only plus here is I feel much smaller and I know my muscles are helping shape my waist and such...sticking to this...I'm 9/14...only 5 more days of phase 1 then I can add some fruit and bread...that will be a good day! :)

Tara

Tara - Hang in there girlfriend. You are doing SO well and you'll get over this hump. Keep drinking that water :teeth:

7/5/05....178.6

YEAH!!! I'm back below 180!!! I had a 3 hour canoe ride...I paddled the WHOLE way!!!! And I had to mulch our house in TN...I mulched and weeded for 3 hours so that also probably helped...4th was not a cheat day other than a hamburger bun...added in wheat bread on Saturday and grapes...hasn't made my weight go up...so it looks like my body is back in losing mode!!! On top of all that my chest feels like bricks (pre-TOM) so I know I'm really losing if the scale goes down even when I have lead weights in my brasierre! :)

I was asked to be in a df's wedding October 1st....let me figure out my days to sleeveless dress....12 weeks and 3 days...that sounds like a manageable number to put me into the 150's!!! I'm going to be REALLY aggressive and shoot for 24 pounds off by then...so that would put my wedding weight at 154.6....YEAH!!! Then I'll try and get the last 10 pounds off by Christmas!!!

My mantra will be HOLDING TO IT!!!! HOLDING TO IT!!!! I CAN DO IT!!!!

Tara

Hey Tara!! Congratulations getting into the 170's again!! Say GOOD-BYE to the 180's, because I know you won't be seeing them again.

How fun for you to be in a wedding. You'll definitely have something to shoot for there and I bet everyone will be so surprised to see the NEW you :teeth:

7/7/05.....179.2

Legs still sore from mulching our TN house...but I walked 4.3 miles Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and will start doing all five weekdays next week. It really helps me stick to my eating when I get my walks in...we're clipping along at a 1 hour and 10 minute pace so it's pretty fast for me.

I'm going to try slimfast two meals a day this whole week and see how that affects the scale...the low carb thing helps curb my appetite for carbs but it also makes me very constipated (had to share) and slimfast helps with that a bit.

I'm officially into my first week of 12 weeks before I have to wear a sleeveless bridesmaid dress...eek! Going to do 15 minutes of upper arm exercises daily to try and make an impact on the flab folks will see hanging off my shoulders.

I'm going to lose 24 pounds in 12 weeks...I just have to keep telling myself that! :) I'm soooooooo ready to get these 24 pounds GONE!!!!

Tara

Two lbs a week is doable. It just takes discipline! I am telling myself the same thing. I want to lose 15 by dnephew's wedding... so I am behind ya! What upper arm exercises are you doing? My arms are so flabby too. I looked at myself on the weekend and was not impressed. Legs are better, face is better, but arms are flabby. DH also took us tubing yesterday and we were knocked out and my arms are not strong for swimming against the waves in a life jacket! I've always had weak arms. So... we have similar goals!

Upper arm exercises to the rescue!!! :)

Exercise one: PUSH UPS!!! Start out doing as many as you can either the long way or on your knees. Build up so that you can do 30+ without stopping.

Exercise two: Bicep curls....use 3-5-10 pound weights and do 3 sets of 12 on each arm.

Exercise three: Triceps press..lay down on the ground with weights and have your elbows pointing to the ceiling with your hands above/behind your head on the ground...pull your hands up to the ceiling and back down.

Exercise four: pectoral press...find a bench or sofa arm to lay one knee on and one leg straight and your upper body at a 45 degree angle...hold a weight down in front of you and pull your elbow up as far behind your back as you can. then back down and up again.

Exercise five: Shoulder press...hold weights down in front of you in both hands...keeping arms straight..pull the weights straight out in front all the way until your arms are parallel to the ground then lower. For more effect try and pull them 2-3 inches above shoulder height.

Do each exercise for atleast 3sets of 12 reps atleast 5x a week and in 6 weeks you'll see great strong arms that don't look bulky just shapely! :)

Tara

7/14/05.....176.8

YEAH!!! A loss this week of 2.4 pounds!!! And I'm still on TOM!!! That's a huge loss for me to have when TOM is here! :) Pushing on down to the 150's!!!

Tara

Great job Tara!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

You've definitely kissed those 180's good-bye. Next.... HELLO 160's!!!!

First day of the nine week MAKEOVER!!! :) Nine weeks to the day before I have to walk down an aisle in a sleeveless bridesmaid dress!!! It zips right now but having 15-20 pounds off will really make it look and feel that much better!!!

My plan....walk 4.3 miles 6 days a week, do cardio pilates 2x a week...if it rains, do cardio pilates instead of walk. take first two weeks and do two slimfasts a day and a good meal. Then for variety make each day a two slimfast day or a low carb day....that will help kick it up a bit and keep me from binging...I measured today and will measure every two weeks...I've had 2 road trips the past two weekends so the scale went up a bit....I'm starting out this 9 week MAKEOVER at

Day 63 till B-DAY (Bridesmaid dress day):

4.3 mile walk COMPLETED
slimfast COMPLETED

Only 62 more days to go

Tara

Glad to see you back posting in your journal. Keep with the determination and you will be the weight you want for the wedding.

Keep walking and drink your water.

Hi Tara!! Looks like you have a great plan to meet your goal! and 9 weeks is a good amount of time! You can do it! :cheer2:

Thanks guys!!! Well, I didn't manage a slimfast for lunch..while making my dd's ham/cheese sandwich on wheat I just had to have half...I stuck to half and I do allow myself 150 calories to blow a day on whatever the hey I want and today was 1/2 a nutter bar...tonight will be cole slaw (vinegar based), strawberries and cheeseburger. YUM!

I'll probably weigh daily until the first 30 days are passed to keep me faithful to my 9 week boot camp! :)

Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter