Going to WDW alone?!?!

I've always been to Disney with friends or with large groups of people, but it looks like I might be going solo for the Princess 1/2 in Feb. I'm pretty excited, it'll be a new experience in the best place ever! pixiedust:

If it's just a trip for a race and the rest of your party isn't doing the race, I find it far more fair and enjoyable to go solo.

I've just booked my solo trip for my birthday in November! I've been a couple of times solo in the past, and always had a great time. As previous posters have said, the freedom is soooooo refreshing! I'm not doing as many sit down meals as I might with a travelling partner, but that's mostly to save some dough. I'm staying at POP, and am so psyched!:cool1:

What are your dates? I'm now goin 11/25 to 12/01 (7 days)...I'm also staying at POP...I will attend MVMCP on 11/27...I will attend CLP on 11/29 (my B-Day!)...I too am limiting my sit-down meals in order to cut down on costs...so far I'm having dinner at San Angel Inn on 11/26 and Biergartan 2pm lunch on 11/29 for CLP w/ Neil Patrick Harris (I LOVE HIM!!!)...the rest will be QSD...did you get free QSD with your trip???...if our dates line up lets plan a meet-up or tour one of the parks together...!!!

After my mom passed away a few years ago, I told my husband I needed to get away alone on a vacation. During February break I flew down and stayed at the animal kingdom Jambo, savannah view. There is a great view of the animals from your balcony, you have use of both the Jambo and Kindani pools, Boma is my FAVORITE restaurant, and Sanaa is great too! There are lots of nooks and crannies to sit and read, the bar at Jambo is great too, has TVs.
So as a solo traveler, you may not want to spend the $$$on the room, and just park hop and shop all the time. OR part of your getaway may be relaxing by a great pool, sitting on your balcony with a great view in the morning and evening. I highly recommend either Animal kingdom lodge or the Wilderness lodge. The Polynesian is wonderful too and can be relaxing, you can walk to the luau, there is a beach, restaurant is great, there are walking options, and you can't beat the monorail for several park access.
My favorite restaurants...and I have eaten at all of these alone are: Boma, Kouzzina on the boardwalk, either of the two restaurants in Italy, Rose and Crown in England, Morrocco, portobello, liberty tree tavern, yak and yeti, flame tree barbecue, MAMA MELROSE'S,:banana:And the exciting restaurant at the wilderness lodge.
Hope this helps any solo travelers! Bring your smart phone, iPad, and camera!

Hi. I will be attending the Gale Gand demo on 10/27 at the F&W festival. It is at 5pm. Looking to meet up,with fellow dissers, if possible. Thanks

The lesson I learned from 9-11 was that I should not live my life as if it were on hold. Do everything that will enrich your life. As far as accommodations are concerned, my recommendation would depend upon how you spend your time. Are you a park commando and are always on the go and spend time at the resort basically just to sleep? Then I say go with Pop Century as someone else has recommended. Are you more of a easy-going, take the time to smell the roses visitor? Then, staying at a resort with more amenities would make more sense. Since you want to not spend as much money as staying with your original plan, maybe go with a moderate like Port Orleans French Quarter. It's small and manageable. Who doesn't enjoy a beignet? Someone recommended renting points for a DVC property. That is an excellent suggestion. If renting points for Beach Club Villas is within your budget, I say go for it. Especially, since that option is nearest to what your original plan was from the get go.

I dine alone all of the time. It doesn't faze me at all. I'm an avid reader, so I just enjoy my meal and read my book. I have found that as a solo diner at Walt Disney World, I get really special treatment from cast members. They seem to go out of their way to make sure I have an enjoyable experience. Although, frequently they believe that I'm another cast member for some unknown reason. Maybe because I look like I know what I'm doing. Eat wherever you want to eat. Don't let the fact that you are a solo diner deter you from having a wonderful respite from the parks. Do you really care about what people think of you dining alone? Are these strangers' opinions really all that important? Are you ever going to see them again?

The wonderful thing about a solo trip is you get to do whatever you want when you want. No negotiations. It is a totally indulgent experience. Glory in the fact that you are having the time of your life.

I wish I had the money to do exactly that right now. I am currently saving up for a solo trip to Italy. Maybe by the time I'm all saved up I'll have a boyfriend who wants to join me, or maybe I will be off on a solo adventure. Either way I'm not letting anything stop me from achieving my dreams.

You will have a blast in Walt Disney World in the spring!

Just wondering what you do to make people think you know what you are doing?

I have the same experience when I go solo people always think I'm a cm since I know so much. Eventually I just say yes I am cause I get tired of explaining that I'm not.

"...Father: Are you eating by yourself? Wow, you must be sad. I'm sorry.
Me: *laughs* You're kidding, right? I'm here at Walt Disney World for an entire week by myself, and I love it. I get to wake up when I want, go to whatever park I want, ride whatever I want, and eat wherever and whenever I want. This is the most selfish and self-indulgent thing I've given myself in the past year. Don't get me wrong -- I love my family and friends, but not this week. This week is mine.
Mother: You know, honey, I think he has a point. *pauses* After lunch, you can take the kids back to the hotel. I'm going back to Test Track to ride it again."

Awesome- just pure awesomeness. I'd have been so put off, I probably wouldn't have had an answer for him, but your's was priceless.

I have the same experience when I go solo people always think I'm a cm since I know so much. Eventually I just say yes I am cause I get tired of explaining that I'm not.

I get that alot too...people are surprised by my knowledge...maybe its also becuz I wear my un-official name tag...I have one for WDW & DL...even real CM's think I work for Disney when they see me in line with my name tag....I just go along too when people ask if I'm a CM...LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter