Gold mobility scooters

I was talking about Walker’s scooters. GMS scooters look waaaay nicer. And they’re very responsive on their facebook page.
It could have read either way, good that you affirmed GMS's quality, responsiveness, and reliability, as all were verified with my first rental 9/4-14.
Funny, the only negative I can think of in regards to GMS rentals is that they are SO impressive, with their gold highlights and ground effects lighting is that they stand out as the 'Cadillac' of scooters, so if you don't want the attention they inspire then you might want to consider one of the ratty unreliable scooters you can get. Furthermore, as a result of their newness and upgraded batteries, you are encouraged NOT to bring your charger with you (they are THAT reliable), compared to the other scooter companies who encourage you to bring your charger with you and charge when you can.

It could have read either way, good that you affirmed GMS's quality, responsiveness, and reliability, as all were verified with my first rental 9/4-14.
Funny, the only negative I can think of in regards to GMS rentals is that they are SO impressive,

The other negative is their flat rate pricing for trips <7 days. While it is great once once you get into say 5 or 6 days or more, for those of us with shorter stays it makes them quite expensive compared to other options For our next stay we really only need them for two days, which I could stretch to three. Which means with their current special they are about $60 (or even $90) more than Buena Vista. Not sure the "cadillac" is worth that....

I really wish they had an option for "upto 3 or 4 days" instead of starting at 7 days for their flat rate pricing. Even if it had to have a bit of a premium compared to the 7 day, it would still be a better option. Many of our stays are in the 2 - 3 night range because they bookend a Disney cruise. I might even have 6 or 7 days total, but they are split before and after the cruise, and in some cases I may only need the ECV for one end or the other because we are doing resort only with no park for the other.

SW

Reactions: bek
They are very responsive. I also called to ask them some questions and they took the time to answer them all. Nick told me that no matter what time my flight gets in, they will be there at my resort. This is especially nice since my airline keeps changing the time of my flight. LOL!! He told me to call the moment I get on the ME and they will be there to meet me.

That's what I call awesome service.

I'm on the last day of my rental with GMS. They have been excellent! When I called and gave them my flight info, they said they'd plan to meet me at the hotel at 3:30. Turns out I was early, got here at around 3:00, but texted Nick as he'd asked. Although I expected to wait until close to 3:30 (and I would have been OK with that), he was only a few minutes after me-and he apologized for not meeting me when I arrived. New scooter, and I've especially loved the extra basket. Also, the cell phone charger on the scooter has been so useful a couple times.

In fact, if you see a preferred vendor scooter
Sigh... :) not Preferred. Featured. Different implications/inferences.
The only thing 'preferred' means is that those scooter companies pay Disney
Not according to Sue's post, above, based on her actual conversations with CMs.
In other words, they lack the customer service to provide a scooter directly to you forcing you to make the long walk to the baggage area to pick up and drop off each trip.
No medical rental company in my experience has ever picked up at my room (Randy's once delivered to my room at a Travelodge.) The baggage area at any WDW resort is adjacent to the entrance, which is also where most visitors start and end their stays anyway.

I'm not sure about the payment stuff, that's what I've been told. And if Disney didn't require a payment to be a preferred provider, and simply chose 5 or so scooter providers, then I could see all the other providers having a case against Disney for prejudice against them.

Pretty please, reread Su M's post https://www.disboards.com/threads/gold-mobility-scooters.3703691/#post-59691876?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter