Gold Pass - almost purchased today UPDATED - I DID!

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I was just about to push the 'purchase' button to get DH and I two Gold Passes to keep in our account for use before 2030. But I decided to contact MS via chat and this is what they said:

The vouchers are only good for 18 months from time of purchase and that I have to activate within that time in WDW.

He says "Different ticket specials that come up will have different rules attached with when they will need to be activated in order to retain their value. While the current Annual Passes will need to be activated within 18 months in order to be used as is, you will not lose the money paid for the Annual Pass as if you do not activate it within 18 months then the credit for the Annual Pass can be used towards the purchase of another Annual Pass at that time."

I guess I'm not ordering annual passes today. Phew. Glad I found out before I spent the money.

Sorry if I worried anyone. I started a new chat with another cm who called WDW and said "Well the original policy was 18 months but that changed a few years ago. The vouchers do not expire now."

Got my gold passes! :)

Sorry if I worried anyone. I started a new chat with another cm who called WDW and said "Well the original policy was 18 months but that changed a few years ago. The vouchers do not expire now."

Got my gold passes! :)

Thanks for posting. When you got them does the expiration actually say 2030?

Thanks for posting this info. We might buy to have in our file before the price increase and buy tickets from UT for our September trip. We are planning 2 trips in 2020 to coincide with two UYs.

Good for you.! :)

Today you would have to pay $42.60 more for each Gold pass purchased. :(

Good for you.! :)

Today you would have to pay $42.60 more for each Gold pass purchased. :(

So half the time I'm wrong and you all correct me and I have to eat my words, so maybe I missed something. :)

But... Isn't it $31.95 more? ((589-559)*1.065).

$42.60 would be the from when it was 549.

OK, now tell me where I messed up! :confused::cool:

So half the time I'm wrong and you all correct me and I have to eat my words, so maybe I missed something. :)

But... Isn't it $31.95 more? ((589-559)*1.065).

$42.60 would be the from when it was 549.
OK, now tell me where I messed up! :confused::cool:
Good catch! You are right. :teeth:

$549 was the price when I last bought ours, in 12/16. I missed that last increase, probably because ours was activated in 12/17 and won't expire until 12/18. We were lucky and got the 13 month deal.

Anyway, I'm sure we're both happy for the OP. :)

Good catch! You are right. :teeth:

Hooray! I'm buying a lottery ticket immediately.

I'm thrilled for OP. I love stories of people getting the previous price or a deal at the last minute like that.

DW and I are planning on going for the upcoming NYE. I renewed our gold passes this past and intentionally declined the free platinum plus upgrade. Then called on January 3rd and was able to buy next year's platinum plus renewal vouchers at $475. I was surprised my scheme worked! So in saving a few hundred bucks, I now get to spend thousands on a NYE trip. Woo-hoo.

Hooray! I'm buying a lottery ticket immediately.

I'm thrilled for OP. I love stories of people getting the previous price or a deal at the last minute like that.

DW and I are planning on going for the upcoming NYE. I renewed our gold passes this past and intentionally declined the free platinum plus upgrade. Then called on January 3rd and was able to buy next year's platinum plus renewal vouchers at $475. I was surprised my scheme worked! So in saving a few hundred bucks, I now get to spend thousands on a NYE trip. Woo-hoo.
Woo-hoo for sure. I am officially jealous re your NYE trip. Should be a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts