Golden Mickeys Dream

Is the Golden Mickeys still being shown on the Dream? We sail on 6/1 on a 5 night double dip and my husband just noticed that the DCL website now shows the only location as being on the Wonder :scared1: This is one of our favorite shows and the thought of them getting rid of it makes me super sad :sad:

As mom2brooke76 said and the Navigators her husband posted on disneycruiselineblog confirm, they are showing both BatB do Believe twice on the 5 night double dip. Only having 2 shows in 5 nights is a huge bummer.

We planned our 2nd night for Palo and will be leaving Castaway Cay early to get ready for an early Palo reservation. Our reasoning was an early reservations allowed us to make GM. Even though it had been consistently shown the 2nd night on the 5 night double dip cruises over the last few years, we knew it could change. What we didn't expect was Disney would show Believe two nights in a row. Why? Now I'm mad we have to leave CC early and hopefully can tweak the reservation.

I sent Disney Cruise Line a note to express our frustration. Given that shows are considered highlights of the cruise, they should make significant changes like this public while reservations can still be canceled without penalty. We may have changed our plans all together.

We've been to WDW and on DCL cruises around 30 times combined. This is only the 2nd time we've formally complained about anything and the first time before we went on the trip. The other time was when our DVC studio at Boardwalk clearly wasn't cleaned (hair all over the bed and bathroom when checked in). It was gross but to Disney's credit, they made it right and gave us our DVC points back for one night.

Hopefully guests are letting DCL know this isn't acceptable and they either bring back GM or do something special to make up for it. Considering the performers are the same, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Given the popularity of BaTB, I get why they are showing it two nights. Maybe there is a good reason but I can't see why showing Believe twice would be preferred by guests vs having a different show with GM. Come on DCL, listen to your customers.

Last edited:
We also snagged the Navigators for the 6/10 five night double dip and it had the same show schedule as the 6/1. We may go back down and see if we can get another one to compare.

We also snagged the Navigators for the 6/10 five night double dip and it had the same show schedule as the 6/1. We may go back down and see if we can get another one to compare.

Thanks. We are on the 6/29 5 night double dip. Are the rest of the 6/10 navigator schedules exactly the same as 6/1?

Thanks. We are on the 6/29 5 night double dip. Are the rest of the 6/10 navigator schedules exactly the same as 6/1?

Yes, they are. We're trying to go again on 6/24 if all works out to pull the Navigators then. Will keep you posted if we make it and if any changes are made.

The Dream was our first cruise and The Golden Mickeys was a great first night show. Hope the bring it back or replace it. I have a 5 night cruise scheduled on the Magic in December. If they start repeating shows or replacing a show with a movie, then I'll probably cancel. For me it would no longer be worth the premium price.

GM has always been our favorite show! So sad if they get rid of it forever. We talked to some people on our last cruise who said they skipped dining to watch the shows twice in a row back to back. Frankly, we thought this was a bit weird. But if a lot of people do this it would make it hard for other people to see the shows. Maybe DCL should give out tickets to the headliners where everyone only gets tickets for one showing.

GM has always been our favorite show! So sad if they get rid of it forever. We talked to some people on our last cruise who said they skipped dining to watch the shows twice in a row back to back. Frankly, we thought this was a bit weird. But if a lot of people do this it would make it hard for other people to see the shows. Maybe DCL should give out tickets to the headliners where everyone only gets tickets for one showing.

Or just simply scan your KTTW card.

The Dream was our first cruise and The Golden Mickeys was a great first night show. Hope the bring it back or replace it. I have a 5 night cruise scheduled on the Magic in December. If they start repeating shows or replacing a show with a movie, then I'll probably cancel. For me it would no longer be worth the premium price.

I agree Joe Brig. At a minimum they should let people know about major changes like removing a show months in advance. They gave 10 months advance notice to the debut of a new show (BatB) to drive bookings https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-stage-spectacular-aboard-disney-cruise-line/ . They should offer the same courtesy to guests when they take away a "cruise highlight" like Golden Mickeys so they have the option to cancel without penalty.

Last edited:
I agree Joe Brig. At a minimum they should let people know about major changes like removing a show months in advance. They gave 10 months advance notice to the debut of a new show (BatB) to drive bookings https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-stage-spectacular-aboard-disney-cruise-line/ . They should offer the same courtesy when they take things away so guests have the option to cancel without penalty when they remove a "cruise highlight" like Golden Mickeys.

Couldn't agree more! This was our 11th cruise and my first one that was longer than 3 nights. My hubby, who had been on longer, was so looking forward to me seeing three different shows along with a variety act in the theatre. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and he's complained to them to the point of having higher up supervisors call him, but none seem to care :(

My fingers are crossed GM returns as well as I really want 3 unique shows on my trip this October ... though if they end up making the third show Nightmare Sing and Scream like they did last year when shows were still in transition I won’t be as upset as I would for double dipping on stage shows

My DD will be cruising on June 24th. She was told that GM will be returning with that sailing. I'll let you know after she returns.

Agreed, I would be very happy if Disney has listened to their guests. I have not heard from anyone who is happy about this change. Disney CS have not responded to my email complaint yet, that is disappointing and unusual. If they listen to all of us who are frustrated by the removal of shows with duplicates in lieu of, I will let it slide. Disney set the bar for customer service, I hope that is not changing.

Cptjackandcrew - Thanks so much for the update. Any chance you will hear from your DD when she boards and gets that first Navigator with the shows on the 24th? I board on the 29th so we will be like two ships passing in the night :)

We are sailing on Monday (4 night Dream). Are the Golden Mickey's back?

Thanks...
Jess

We are sailing on Monday (4 night Dream). Are the Golden Mickey's back?

Thanks...
Jess
We sailed the Dream on the 4-night Member Cruise (7/23-27) and had the Golden Mickeys. We did not, however, have Believe. That could have been, though, due to all of the other stuff they had for us. Our main theater schedule was:

Monday: BATB
Tuesday: Golden Mickeys
Wednesday: Christopher Robin (A special showing for the DVC Member Cruise)
Thursday: Broadway at Sea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter