Golf Carts at Fort Wilderness??

Fantasia Girl

Fort Wilderness is my second home :)
My husband and I stayed at FW last Christmas and rented a golf cart from an outside company, well the cart was OK, but it had no windshield....and it was December, needless to say we were COLD. Well we dealt with that, but the cart also had only one makeshift headlight and no tail lights, so we kept getting pulled over by security, when we called the golf cart company they said that they have NO carts with headlights and taillights and that no one ever camplains. So any way, we are going back down this December and once again we will probaly need a cart....Does anyone know of a company that has golf carts that have both a windshield and headlights/ taillights?? I know the ones at FW do, but I heard they are very pricey!! Do you know of the FW prices?

Thanks,

Christine and Jeff ( yensidcampers):D

The Bike Barn Phone Number is 1-407-824-2742 (golf Carts Too). I don't remember the exact prices, but, why don't you call and ask. It has been two years since I rented, I vaguely remember the price to be $35/day, $40/ day with a windshield.

We are using a company called Golf Carts of Central Florida. They were about $12 cheaper per day than Disney. Their phone number is 407-847-8533. I spoke to John, he was very nice and helpful. I have not used them before, but I have heard good things from other boards about them. When I return in the beginning of October, I will post here to let everyone know how they were!!

That's good info. Please !!....keep us posted !! $12 is a good percentage discount !! We need to hear from you on your follow up. Thanks !

Thanks for the great info. guys!! and gelaqua, please keep us updated...sounds like a great deal!!:D

Fantasia Girl,do you remember the Golf cart company you used? I am using Golf cart enterprise and I don't want any suprises like you got with no headlights or tail lights. I usually use FW but there was such a price difference I thought I would try GCE instead.

Does anyone know if any of the surrounding area golf cart rental companies have any websites? My DF and I are going down next June and there are 5 of us, just want to check to see if they have different sizes of carts. Thanks in advance!!!

I know that Golf Cart Enterprises was supposed to have a site up and running, but remember that many on this board had trouble getting on it. In answer to your question about different sized golf carts, though ....... We have a 6 person cart reserved for our trip next week. We have reserved the 4 person cart in the past, but with 3 kids who keep growing (go figure), we got tired of all cramming into the 4-person. The cost from GCE for a 6 person vs. a 4 person was only $75 more (that is per month and for a gas engine). Hope this helps.

During my last trip a month ago, we used Golf Carts of Central Florida (GCOCF). I found them through Jeff Spencers website that features Fort Wilderness. This website was crucial in giving me tips to staying there.

Fort Wilderness Website

When I called GCOCF I spoke to John. He seems to be the main man there. He quoted me the price over the phone of $224.00 for 9 days and 8 nights. That included the delivery and pick-up charge. They have 6 person (older) and 4 person (newer) carts with windshields and headlights/tail lights. There is one slight disadvantage to using the outside company. The carts come with a detached charger that you really shouldn't keep with the cart while unattended or touring. The Disney carts have attached chargers and there are plugs in some parking areas to connect to while you tour. The cost difference ($40.00 per day for a Disney cart) was enough for me to "suffer" that minor inconvenience. I charged it whenever I went back to the cabin for more than an hour and never had any problems. Believe me, we used it an awful lot.

Another thing to consider is the delivery/pickup time. GCOCF opens about 8:00 AM EST and their earliest delivery to a resort would be 8:20-8:30 AM. So don't plan an early entry day for that day.

If you have any other questions, please PM or e-mail me since I don't usually frequent the Camping Board.

Adam aka Big Dude

I just returned today from Ft Wilderness and used The outside co for our golfcart GCE. The morning we checked in it was supposed to be there. So when we arrived and it was not I called them and they said they had my reservation but it looked like somebody forgot us. They delivered it to us in about 1 hour. The golf cart we rented was an electric one and it did not have a windshield. It ran so slow that the Golfcarts in FW were passing us and telling us we should return ours! We drove it around for another day but found out that the charger was not working, it would not even come on. On sat we called GCE and got a recording that they close at 2 pm on sat and won't be open until Monday. We left a message with them and on Monday we called again and they delivered a new cart. The charger worked for 1 day and after that it would not charge anymore. I was afraid this would happen,so for future visits I will stick with Ft wilderness Golf carts. The charge did last until Friday but I was never sure if we were going to get stuck somewhere since we were not recharging it at night time.

I just called and reserved my golf cart for my Novermeber camping trip. I really don't want to risk the hassle of renting a cart from outside sources. The price is a little much but thats the price you pay when you stay on grounds. I love FW and it is so big you can't tromp around there with 2 kids and all their baggage. I highly recommend renting a cart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter