Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

It was only a matter of time especially with Swan and Dolphin already on board from the beginning, I'm sure this expansion will also include the Bonnet Creek resorts which also have "good neighbor" partnerships with WDW.. IMHO this is not necessarily a bad thing, even with the additional influx of EMH guests the crowds will still be nothing remotely comparable to the crowds during normal operating hours.

I can also see how from a business standpoint this was a smart decision on Disney's part, at the end of the day, the more guests in the park at any given time = additional spending on dining, merchandise, experiences, etc.. They are already paying for

Are they? Any time I've looked I've been rather shocked by the price per day plus a huge fee per day as well. Even with Costo or other discounts it's more than I'm personally willing to pay. Maybe my threshold is too low, but also I'm 100% ok with the buses, I'd rather spend the money on other things.

Dirt cheap. I can get $18/20 dollar a day cars. I need nothing fancy at all esp if it’s a rental. If you like the buses enjoy :)

Dirt cheap. I can get $18/20 dollar a day cars. I need nothing fancy at all esp if it’s a rental. If you like the buses enjoy :)

If you can deal with whatever car then you can do really well - we need a minivan and find it is a lot harder to find good deals (probably b/c a lot of people visiting WDW want minivans)

If you can deal with whatever car then you can do really well - we need a minivan and find it is a lot harder to find good deals (probably b/c a lot of people visiting WDW want minivans)
This is us too. I am looking at these hotel now because I do not want the cost to rent a minivan for 10 days on our May trip. Currently we have 2 rooms at Pop but with the transportation to park at the DS hotels I would consider them. Waiting to see prices when booked as a package as I want the 60 day fast passes now that there is that option coming.

Imagine if it was on the land between MK and Epcot and on the monorail line!

I've wondered why they've never built anything there. there is plenty of land between TTC and CSR and also on the other side of World north of Epcot along the Monorail line. They could throw up a station on the existing Epcot line and have monorail access.

For whatever reason, minivans seem to be expensive to rent everywhere I've been.

There are those that do like the buses and are fine with them. We have our own car as we drive and we don't move it for the most part unless going to another hotel to eat (which is rare for us). There is something nice about not strapping kids in a car seat or getting in a crazy hot car when already overheated. On a standard trip we only seem to end up with 1-2 crowded bus rides but even then its easy, and the trams are even worst for stroller.

Minivans are always expensive across the country. I rent a lot of cars, and typically send groups of 40+ people around the country. It's often cheaper to rent a SUV class vehicle than it is a minivan. Typically the SUV has more luggage room etc anyway.

Minivans are always expensive across the country. I rent a lot of cars, and typically send groups of 40+ people around the country. It's often cheaper to rent a SUV class vehicle than it is a minivan. Typically the SUV has more luggage room etc anyway.

yeah, the big thing for us is fitting 3 car seats - so even those big SUVs with a third row it isn't easy to get in and around to the third row sometimes, the minivans are just better designed for it

yeah, the big thing for us is fitting 3 car seats - so even those big SUVs with a third row it isn't easy to get in and around to the third row sometimes, the minivans are just better designed for it
You never wish they grow up too fast, but take heart that someday, they'll at least be in low back boosters.....then think of all the room you'll have!!

Also worth noting that most rental agencies have customer loyalty programs that can get you future discounts and upgrades. United no longer does it, but I know Delta does work with National and Enterprise, so you can apply mileage to rental points.
Signing up for National Emerald club often allows you to grab whatever you want for the price of and emerald aisle price. If the car isn't there, you just ask and they'll bring you what you want, you just might have to wait a few minutes.
The other thing that can save you a lot, are renting 4 door full size trucks. That means you have to toss most of your gear in the back exposed to the weather. Usually they have an epic amount of interior room as well. The trucks are usually less than the SUV's.

Last year when I took the whole fam damily, I checked air fair and minivan. Airfare was fine, renting minivan was more expensive than two economy size cars . Ended up renting a minvan from the local airport up here in Illinois and drivning. Got unlimited miles for 10 days at my daughters hospital corporate rate for $450 total. Got a new Pacifica with 42 miles on it when we picked it up. Loved it. Put 2800 miles on it in the 10 days. Was good and broke in for the next renter!

Since the topic has evolved a little bit...

How does $339 (all in) for a week renting a mini-van out of MCO stack up? I got it on Priceline, but I’m not sure if I scored a deal, got ripped off, or what.

How does $339 (all in) for a week renting a mini-van out of MCO stack up? I got it on Priceline, but I’m not sure if I scored a deal, got ripped off, or what.
If that is tax and fees inclusive it's not bad.
Give me you pick up and drop off days, I get a corporate discount rate, and I can tell you how it compares to that.

If that is tax and fees inclusive it's not bad.
Give me you pick up and drop off days, I get a corporate discount rate, and I can tell you how it compares to that.
Yes, includes all taxes and fees.

Dates are 4/21 to 4/28/18. Thanks!

National
Price Breakdown

Base Rate $402.00*
Customer Facility Charge 3.50/day $24.50*
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct (10.0%) $40.66*
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $14.00*
Tire Battery Fee .02 Day $0.14*
Vehicle License Fee .66/day $4.62*
Sales Tax (6.5%) $31.58*
TOTALMILES 1050
Total: $517.50*

Avis
Base Rate $ 305.00
Mileage: Unlimited
Rental Options
$0.00

Discount Codes
Fees & Taxes $ 104.88
Estimated Total $ 409.88

I'd say you saved a few bucks. Just make sure the fees are all in. Also worry about "SunPass" tolls, they sometimes hit you will extra fees to process the tolls.

Is it an at the airport rental or off site. For onsite its decent for off site I keep reading about the pick up fee and other fees that get added later.

I am guesssing that things veered off the original topic but here's my two cents.

I've been to Disney 10 + times. I go twice a year but they are sadly outpricing our family. We always stay on sits. Basically my same vacation next year will cost a little over 1000 more. For the same. Exact. Vacation. So we've been exploring our options and I am ecstatic that this is now an option. We have a big family (6 people) and Disney has missed the boat on actual value priced rooms. So it'll be either a good neighbor or cabana bay for half the price and better rooms. I hate it, 8 truly do and once our oldest decides to not come on vacation anymore we will go back but for now? Offsite for us.

I am guesssing that things veered off the original topic but here's my two cents.

I've been to Disney 10 + times. I go twice a year but they are sadly outpricing our family. We always stay on sits. Basically my same vacation next year will cost a little over 1000 more. For the same. Exact. Vacation. So we've been exploring our options and I am ecstatic that this is now an option. We have a big family (6 people) and Disney has missed the boat on actual value priced rooms. So it'll be either a good neighbor or cabana bay for half the price and better rooms. I hate it, 8 truly do and once our oldest decides to not come on vacation anymore we will go back but for now? Offsite for us.

I am glad that it appears at these hotels there are more options for larger families

Just a note, the new hotels that universal is building on the old Wet n wild site will have rooms started at under $100 and also majority of the rooms will be family suites - so thinking they might gut be an option for my family in the future as well

I am glad that it appears at these hotels there are more options for larger families

Just a note, the new hotels that universal is building on the old Wet n wild site will have rooms started at under $100 and also majority of the rooms will be family suites - so thinking they might gut be an option for my family in the future as well
That's even better! We really enjoyed our time at cabana Bay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts