Good Restaurants in Orlando/Kissimmee

Twitterpaited

Mouseketeer
I am looking for recommendations of good, affordable, family-friendly restaurants near WDW - especially Mexican restaurants. We will be staying in the Orange Lake Resort area.

Not sure about your location... But thinking AK location...?
CHUY’S and Tijuana Flats.
Plus Olive Garden .
Target Publix

on 192 there is a Chuy's, a Chipotle, A Tijuana Flats as well as an unending supply of everything else. For pizza we adore Giordano's. Lots of restaurants over at Sunset Walk at Margaritaville. Also Miller's Ale House.

Local here...

Agave Azul and San Jose - for Mexican - both are close to where you are staying at just down the 429...

At Winter Garden Village there are a ton of restaurants - Cracker Barrel, Red Robin, Long Horn, Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Bone Fish Grill, Panera, First Watch, The little Greek Fresh Grill, and several fast food spots. There also is a Target super center, and a ton of other stores...

Fancy Sushi - is really good Japanese... Love the Bento box choice's here... Sushi is really fresh and very well done, it's a very small place, in a plaza next to a movie theater...

We went to Chevy's, sat down and saw their prices and left. Way to expensive for Tex-Mex. Go to Chuy's instead. Pretty much everything mentioned here is a chain and unfortunately for Orlando there are A LOT of chains and a lot of the independant places are crap.

Agave Azul is a local chain that I liked. Chevy's used to be a chain, but all the other ones shut down nationwide, and there is only the one left. Chuy's is also a chain.

Agave Azul is a local chain that I liked. Chevy's used to be a chain, but all the other ones shut down nationwide, and there is only the one left. Chuy's is also a chain.
I have learned, if a chain shut down somewhere else in the country, you are likely still able to find it in Orlando. Lost a Friendly's in your hometown? Go to Orlando! You can probably name about a dozen places like this.

A new Cheddars location just opened this summer in Kissimee / AK area.
I think one also opened up over on International Drive, or is getting ready to open. Just south of 528. I have seen the building there for a long time but just started to see cars in the parking lot.

Besides Bob Evans and fast food, any breakfast recommendations on 192/ak area? Looking for a good breakfast between SSR and Reunion Resort.

Sorry, it won't let me edit and I realized my above question derails the OPs request for Mexican food restaurant recommendations. Sorry!!

It's not mexican but my husband and I discovered Mr. and Mrs. Crab this week. If you like seafood it was amazing. It is a Louisiana boil. We loved it so much I am embarrassed to admit we went 2 nights in a row!

Besides Bob Evans and fast food, any breakfast recommendations on 192/ak area? Looking for a good breakfast between SSR and Reunion Resort.

You have Cracker Barrel & Denny's on Hwy 27 North ....... at Dean Still Road BEFORE

you cross over !-4 with BoB Evans on Right.

We had a good meal at South of the Border in the Supertarget shopping center near Animal Kingdom.

Precovid, Perkins on 192 was always one of my favorites for breakfast and you can always get in. It’s close to I-4 and the back gate of Disney. Right near Bob Evans. We haven’t been eating at restaurants since March, so I don’t know their current status.

Precovid, Perkins on 192 was always one of my favorites for breakfast and you can always get in. It’s close to I-4 and the back gate of Disney. Right near Bob Evans. We haven’t been eating at restaurants since March, so I don’t know their current status.

Omg my whole family would be devastated if Perkins closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter