Chip
Dale
Mary Poppins
Aladdin
Baloo
Pluto

We thought the food was really good.
I had 5 desserts..... :blush:

The characters did the Macarena, and some dancing.
Goofy did the banging on pots thing.

It was alot of fun!! :flower:

Good to hear that you had a good time! My family have always had a good time dining there. My kids are counting the days to go back!....

Oh wow, you're back already. I've been on vacation myself and am just getting caught up on the boards. I remember all your planning questions. I guess I just didn't realize the trip had happened already. Glad you had a good time. I love Goofy's myself.

We love Goofy's Kitchen. When we were there in November the food was great and the characters were tons of fun. Most of our party were adults and older teens who were getting a bit testy when we had to wait in the lobby full of other testy people for our table (group of 14, even with a PS the table took a little while...not too bad though). Once we got inside it was nice and quiet where our table was and the character interaction had everyone acting like kids and having a ball! :earboy2: GK is always one of the best parts of our Disneyland experience!

Glad you had a great trip, can't beleive you are back already, we go in late January and I can't wait, I am more excited then my DD. I was undecided on Goofy's but after your report, we may have to try it.... :cool1:

Glad you enjoyed Goofy's! We have loved all of our meals there, it is so nice to have such a wide variety of characters at one meal. I don't know of any other character meal at either DL or WDW where you can see that many at one meal. How was the rest of your trip?

P.S. The desserts are the best part, ;) good for you!

Nice to hear a positive report as we have a ps for brunch on Dec 19th...we have been there twice before and always have had a good experience

Nope, not back yet!
Still here, have 2 more days left in the park.

(brought our laptop ;) , have internet access in the room :teeth: )

Having a great time!

This I guess is the most safest place for a bunch of mid 20 yr olds to snap some photos with the characters.

We weren't able to do that inside the park itself as there's a mob of kids & parents.

Plus, it was my buddies birthday. We all ended up with pins (buttons?), a cake for my buddy & enough balloons to fill up the trunk of the car (just plain round ones). A huge tip to our server! (We went dinner, so I guess they're emptying whatever they have, or we're just nice)

This was all random planning which made it a lot better. Hollywood or Disney- we chose the latter.

We'll be back for my turn this January.

I can't wait - I'm having my birthday dinner there on Jan 4 - and I'm turning 27!!!!

We do notice that even with PS there seems to be a bit of a wait. And one morning they were completey late opening the place. Oh well we still love the place and are headed back there this sunday for my daughters birthday!! Woohoo!!

We've eaten at Goofy's Kitchen 5 times this year, and it is absolutely the best Disney buffet in the USA. (Yes, we've eaten at all of them).

One thing we noticed is that the characters seem a little less organized in terms of their flow than WDW character buffets. When we sat closer to the entrance, we got all of the characters at our table, sometimes twice. But, when we were in the back room (at the rear of the restaurant, just to the left of the hot food buffet line) we would only get one or two characters back there. We are used to when one character takes a break, when he/she returns - he/she picks up where they left off. That doesn't seem to be the case at Goofy's Kitchen. It was more random and haphazard.

So, if you can, try to ask for a table in either the area by the windows just to the left of the entrance, or the elevated room just to the right. The third choice would be the room to the left-rear of the restaurant. But, try to avoid the room at the very rear.

I have never eaten at Goofy's Kitchen. Is it better than Ariel's Grotto?

I have done both once - and I like Goofy's Kitchen better, partly for the food and partly for the character interaction, although I haven't been to Ariel's since they changed the characters. The character interaction at both is really great. I did not care for the food at Ariels - it was just ok - and I do not believe they haven't changed the menu.
We loved our visit to Goofy's kitchen a few nights ago.

All Aboard said:
We've eaten at Goofy's Kitchen 5 times this year, and it is absolutely the best Disney buffet in the USA. (Yes, we've eaten at all of them).
I agree wholeheartedly!! We've eaten @ Chef Mickey's, Ohana, 1900 Park Faire, Crystal Palace, CRT, LTT,PSB & one @ Grand Californina (can't remember the name,had Chip & Dale) and we love Goofy's Kitchen the best!!!

thelionqueen said:
We've eaten @ Chef Mickey's, Ohana, 1900 Park Faire, Crystal Palace, CRT, LTT,PSB & one @ Grand Californina (can't remember the name,had Chip & Dale) and we love Goofy's Kitchen the best!!!

We are planning on Goofy's kitchen when we go in May. Can't wait now that I read your post. We LOVED 1900 Park Fair and a few others at WDW (we've been to most of them). We must be one of the only families that really disliked Chef Mickey's - will never eat there again.

I hope this isn't to personal but... How much is it per person to have dinner at Goofy's Kitchen?

I think this would be a great way to start off our post-wedding festivities with my family while we are there. Nothing better to get you ready for Disney then a Character meal. :earboy2:

Don't quote me on this but I think it was $26.95 per adult, $14.95 per kid.

(all you can eat buffet, drinks included)

I asked the person at the front, (because we had prepaid with our package) and tip is actually included too, but you can choose to leave more if you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter