Got another call from WDW Executive Offices

wdw4us2

<font color=blue>Not only a DIS Vet, but a 33 year
After sending WDW another email after our trip on 11/16-11/18, I received a phone call this morning from Tracy at the WDW Executive Offices. More of the same talk, we're sorry your stay was not magical because of crowds and no EE, we're passing your comments on, etc. I finally asked her point blank if final decisions had already been made about EE or if everything was still in a state of flux. She said, that to her knowledge, a definite decision had not yet been made about returning EE or not. I asked her if there was a possibility of at least returning it to MK and MGM on the weekends, she just said she would pass my comments on. I then asked her if she would be passing these comments on to Al Weiss or Paul Pressler - she seemed surprised that I mentioned their names. I then informed her that Disney needs to maybe start paying a little more attention to who is sending all these emails to them. I mentioned The DIS by name, and told her that if what I'd been reading on there was any indication, the Company is in worse shape than I thought. I also told her that most people are under the impression that these phone calls were just a way to pacify those of us who are disgruntled with all the cutbacks. I seriously doubt they will be calling me again, because I was a bit critical and was not going to be pacified by their phone call. I still think everyone should keep bombarding them with email, snail mail and anything else you can think up - maybe they'll wake up before permanent damage is done!

I have e-mailed them and received no response. If the situation with the hours, crowds, lines, security, etc. is the same over the Christmas break, I'll write them again. Thanks for talking to them and I agree that feedback to the top is a great idea.

I have sent two sets of emails to Disney on two issues. It took Disney 2 months to get back to me on some questions on the Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Play It attraction and I have not heard back on my complaints about EE. I wonder how long it is going to take to get back to me on that issue.

I jsut received a call back as to an e-mail that I sent several weeks ago about the elimination of EE. First, the CM acknowledge that many or most guests have objected to or do not feel that the Character caravan was a substitute for EE. Next, the CM told me that Disney is reviewing the situation and that right now with the lower crowds, EE is not necessary. According to their statistics the average guest can get 18 attractions in during the current operating hours and that the situation is being monitored. I ask if EE would be reinstated if the crowds increased and was told that this would be considered.

I realize that the CM did not actually say anything or commit to anything but I found the call to be helpful. The CM did tell me that the various unofficial sites are monitored and Disney is concerned that the wrong impression is being made. In particular, Disney is upset about the recent Orlando Sentienel articles (the CM was surprized that someone in Houston has seen all of these articles). This CM is at least saying the right things about Disney not wanting to llose the magic and wanted to try to assure me that Disney was not totally asleep on some of the issues discussed on this board.

They must be able to do 18 attractions at Animal Kingdom. You certainly can't do that in MK on a weekend!!:D

I do not know exactly where these stats came from and what they mean (I was just reporting what was said to me). Clearly according to reports on this board, crowds are higher during weekends and hopefully Disney will eventually do something to deal with this issue. Since many of the visitiors on weekends are locals, EE may help some on weekends but how do you do this for only two days of the week?

I was just surprised that I got as much as I did out of this CM (realizing that he made NO firm representations and promises). Again, it appears to be helpful to try to give Disney some feedback. The CM mentioned several times that Disney was not going to let the magic slip away and wanted me to believe that Disney was listening to me and other guests who were complaining.

I agree with your assessment of the Cast Member you spoke with. Mine was very nice, listened to my opinions/suggestions, and kept saying that it was good that so many people have been contacting them about this. I did suggest to her that maybe they could have EE on the weekends at MK and possibly MGM. She said that it sounded like a good idea, and that she would pass it on. I just think that they need to look at the need for EE park by park, rather than overall at WDW. We're going back next weekend for MVMCP, and if it's as bad as my last visit, we won't be back again anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter