GOTTA best route, ............

SPINNER

Mouseketeer
hi guys...
looking for best route from LONG ISLAND NY to WDW
avoiding, DC AND BALTIMORE.....for an rv towing.........................
all suggestions, appreciated..................................
have driven many times, this time will be a lot different.............
SPINNER:jester:

We're from northeast CT, and would be interested in finding the "best route", too, since we will be making our first journey to WDW next July. What didn't you like about your previous trips?

being from LI myself, unfortunately the best route is I-95. If you leave early enough you will get thru DC AND BALTIMORE with no problems.

I have to agree with donald duck...I grew up on LI & I-95 is the way to go...just take the bypasses around the cities & you'll be fine. I used to drive it at night & it would take me about 21 hours driving straight thru!
Good luck!

:wave:

What part of LI? I grew up in WHB

thanks, for the input.....yea I 95 is the way to go..........
plan to miss as much rush hour city traffic as possible.....
Long Islander from Smithtown NY......
AM IN NO RUSH. for the first time in my life.......plan on a few days to drive down....
usually stay at a Holiday INN or two along the way...
this time will finally have a MH ....do you every use rest stops or go to campgrounds....
when we left a HOliday Inn in BUFFALO NY A large rv was parked in the lot.......asked desk if they allow rvs to park in their lot...said, yes they do, but we would appreciate if they would let us know first, no charge......
AND ..the beat goes on. dusty

Spinner,

We drive from West Haven, CT via I95, the last Friday in July every year. We've found that if we leave at midnight, not only do the kids sleep for 7 or 8 hours, but we can get all the way through D.C. before rush hour. DH and I trade driving every 3 to 4 hours then stop for the day in Walterboro, SC. There is a very nice Holiday Inn there in which we stay every year. (Ask for the 2nd floor facing the pool) We arrive around 1pm or so. We all have a long relaxing swim (there's nobody there at that hour!) and a good dinner and get to bed early. Next day we wake up at 5:30 a.m. (Holiday Inn has a very nice breakfast included in the room cost, not just a continental) and get on the road as soon as possible. We arrive in Orlando between 11:30 a.m. and 12:00p.m. I think we have it down to a science. A week later we come home, leaving around noon on Saturday. We stay in Lumberton, North Carolina, also at a Holiday Inn on the way back. The only traffic we hit the whole way is on the George Washington bridge coming home. We always hit the bridge around 7 p.m. on Sunday and there's always traffic. However, being from Long Island, you won't have to cross the bridge!

Have fun and be safe!

LOL, I guess I should have phrased that a little better! At least he won't have to cross that particular bridge!! :crazy:

ACTUALLY, you are not to far off....
have been training to kayak from long island to connecticut.....
an awsome feat....
but that's a way down the road...pehaps next summer.........
life is tough, paddle hard................................
spinner

Hey, be careful with that. This moron my sister used to date, and his friend, went to Port Jeff on jet skis once and waited too long to attempt to come home. They had to follow the Bridgeport ferry home cause it was too dark to find their way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter