Grand California DVC update

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
I know this is old news, but there is speculation by several reliable sources that at the Finding Nemo Submarine press event in June at DLR will be the time that the Grand Californian DVC will be officially announced. There is a part of the presentation reserved for "news on the future of the Disneyland Resort" See below taken from post on O-Meon.com on May 8th 2007......

Almost certain to be announced during the Finding Nemo event will be the addition of the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) to the grounds of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. Sharp-eyed DLR watchers have already posted pictures to the Internet of survey markers on the open field that borders the hotel and DCA.

Currently, DVC is one of Parks and Resorts hottest moneymakers. A basic membership in the property time-share club is $16,400. The number of memberships has doubled since 2000, with over 108,000 families currently enrolled in the program.

Publicly at last February’s investor’s conference, Parks and Resorts chairman Rasulo said, “We feel confident that there is still room to grow. The time-share industry is huge and expanding, and families will still look to Disney when they think of their vacation.”

Privately, Parks and Resorts management is looking to the DVC to help extend the average DLR vacationer’s stay from 2.5 days to a full week.

I think I know the parcel of land you are talking about. I stayed at the GC a couple months back, and our balcony overlooked the only available land for building.
If that indeed is the parcel, it will be a tight fit. It will also block many GC room views of DCA.

All that said, I do hope it's a reality! :thumbsup2

MG

We can only hope! I love SSR, but I'd love to call GCV home too!

I think I know the parcel of land you are talking about. I stayed at the GC a couple months back, and our balcony overlooked the only available land for building.
If that indeed is the parcel, it will be a tight fit. It will also block many GC room views of DCA.

All that said, I do hope it's a reality! :thumbsup2

MG

I agree, it will be a tight fit. We where there in July 05. Here is a link (I hope it works right) showing the area. I guess they can get rid of the parking lot as well to make more room.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...t=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=6773112&encType=1

-Matthew

Well, if this announcement happens, for the first time I will have to agree with the 'buy where you want to stay' crowd. This will be one popular location. For those of you in line to purchase...I plan to cut in line :rotfl2:

As someone who lives in southern California, I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to at least *try* to book a last-minute stay...something that I can't
do with any of the other DVC resorts since they are just too far away! So I'm not planning to buy any GCV points - I will just try to use the points I already have.

Ooh, I hope it happens! It would be so nice to be able to stay in a one bedroom on disneyland trips ;)

Since this will be the first DVC resort on the west coast, you best believe it will sell out quick. I hope to buy a smaller contract so I can at least get a ressie at 11 months!!:thumbsup2

We did a three-day visit post a 9-day visit to Oahu. Made leaving the island so much easier. I highly recommend a Grand California stay after a Hawaii vacation. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Walking out the back door and into California Adventure is a trip. :thumbsup2 This is one place where a 30 point add on would make a lot of sense.

BTW That new Nemo sub ride looks fantastic. I know Disneyland is smaller and all, but they just seem to do things a little better out there.

Here's a few pictures.
8759Hawaii-152.jpg

8759Disneyland-029.jpg

8759Hawaii-139.jpg

8759Hawaii-137.jpg

8759Hawaii-133.jpg

Though I live in the Northeast, I would love to see a California DVC. I was sure that they would announce it before AKV....but...:confused: I was wrong! How that happened, I'll never know! :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

We did a three-day visit post a 9-day visit to Oahu. Made leaving the island so much easier. I highly recommend a Grand California stay after a Hawaii vacation. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Walking out the back door and into California Adventure is a trip. :thumbsup2 This is one place where a 30 point add on would make a lot of sense.

BTW That new Nemo sub ride looks fantastic. I know Disneyland is smaller and all, but they just seem to do things a little better out there.

Great Pictures Stephanie, Thanks for sharing!

We did a three-day visit post a 9-day visit to Oahu. Made leaving the island so much easier. I highly recommend a Grand California stay after a Hawaii vacation. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Walking out the back door and into California Adventure is a trip.

We plan on doing the same thing in 2009. Spend a week in Hawaii, followed by 3 days in Disneyland. Living on the east coast, we aren't looking forward to the long flight back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter