Grand Californian Super Thread

Was that view from the Veranda club or just a regular balcony? I’m debating getting the WOC dessert party reservations for our August trip, but we are doing club level at GC, so maybe not worth it if that view is available.
That's from a regular balcony on the 6th floor. You only need your room key to get in.

I don't think the Veranda club balcony faces toward WOC at all. But I could be wrong. I've never been up there.
You are right it faces the Courtyard. I don't remember being able to see much since most of the view is blocked by the hotel rooms on the DTD side. You might be able to see fireworks but we never tried to watch from there.

Was that view from the Veranda club or just a regular balcony? I’m debating getting the WOC dessert party reservations for our August trip, but we are doing club level at GC, so maybe not worth it if that view is available.
We just purchased the WOC dessert party tickets for our upcoming trip…I will try to remember to report back with our experience.

Does anyone have picture for concierge foods for all hours of the day/night? Is there any way to get hard boiled eggs served there?
Hard boiled eggs are available in the morning -- a few years ago they finally started peeling them :goodvibes
Deviled eggs are sometimes offered at lunch.

Does anyone have picture for concierge foods for all hours of the day/night? Is there any way to get hard boiled eggs served there?
I may be incorrect (it has been a few years since we stayed Club Level), but the lounge does not serve food or stay open 24/7 (all hours of the day/night). Someone please correct me if this is wrong!

I may be incorrect (it has been a few years since we stayed Club Level), but the lounge does not serve food or stay open 24/7 (all hours of the day/night). Someone please correct me if this is wrong!
I know the lounge has finger foods that change during the time it is open. I was curious if anyone has stayed recently and had pictures. Thank you for your quick response.

We were always pretty anti-DVC because looking at the cost, staying offsite (or value/moderate at WDW) will always be a lower cost. At least for the amount of trips we like to take.

But when we realized we'd be happier staying at the Grand Californian/deluxe at WDW, we looked more at what we were getting for our money. And DVC would cost us less in the long run than paying cash for the Grand/deluxe WDW. But DVC does have a large up front cost, especially the Grand Californian! And you really have to want to go enough to make it worth while. It's definitely not a good fit for everyone.
VGC (and most other DVC resorts) will never make sense on a pure dollar savings analysis. You can always find ways to make the vacation much less expensive than staying at VGC. The DVC bonus for us was how much more relaxing our vacations became. Even when it is just the two of us (rare) we still tend to get a one bedroom because we can cook, do laundry, and chill in that awesome tub.

With DVC the vacations do cost more, but not near as much as if you were to pay rack rates (even with discounts). The relaxation factor and ultra low stress is worth way more than the money we spent on the VGC buy-in, and makes it more than worth it for us.

VGC (and most other DVC resorts) will never make sense on a pure dollar savings analysis. You can always find ways to make the vacation much less expensive than staying at VGC. The DVC bonus for us was how much more relaxing our vacations became. Even when it is just the two of us (rare) we still tend to get a one bedroom because we can cook, do laundry, and chill in that awesome tub.

With DVC the vacations do cost more, but not near as much as if you were to pay rack rates (even with discounts). The relaxation factor and ultra low stress is worth way more than the money we spent on the VGC buy-in, and makes it more than worth it for us.
I agree. The low stress and relaxation are worth paying for. One thing we have found is that since we are somewhat 'obligated' to use our points, we have gotten more into travel mode, and now travel around (non DVC) way more than I would have guessed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter