Grand Floridian Views / Requests

ChiTownZee

"You have no idea what I'm capable of."-Evil Queen
Out of the Lagoon view rooms, how many view the MK? If it's not MK view, is the view worth the extra $$? And if you had 'garden view' what kinds of things would you end up with? Should a person request anything particular with garden views?

TIA!:D

I don't know the exact count of the actual rooms, But, Boca Chica, Conch Key, Big Pine Key and I believe Sago Cay all do have Lagoon View rooms.

We stayed in Boca Chica in 99 and had a Lagoon View of the Poly, Contemporary and when we looked to the left we saw Cinderella's Castle. The Lagoon View is really beautiful, but I'm sure Garden View Rooms are just as good. I would think Garden View Rooms would have views of the Marina, The Pool and The Monorail, but again, I'm not sure.

This time I requested Conch Key to get a better view of Cinderella Castle.

Both garden and lagoon are good views. 2/3 of the rooms have Magic Kingdom views. I really wouldn't pay extra for the 1/3 that don't have the MK view, but once you book lagoon and get there you really don't have a choice.

Garden views are nice, I truly feel that these are a better value than the lagoon views. They have either a pool, marina, garden, or monorail view. All the garden views are nice, I'd have a hard time choosing which one I'd want!

During our last stay at the GF, we ended up with a monorail view. Not pretty. Not at all. We were in Sago (I believe) and we not only had an up close and personal view of the monorail (which was a little odd in a Victorian-style hotel) but we also had a breathtaking view of the storage sheds being used while the resort was being renovated. We also overlooked the little lagoon where they store the night time water pageant during the day. As GF views go, it was about the worst.

So, be careful with those monorail views. It might not be much of a view at all.

All I have to say is: BOCA CHICA*BOCA CHICA*BOCA CHICA
We have stayed in the same room the last 3 times and it is WONDERFUL. The VIEW, the MUSIC, the LOCATION and
ROOM. We had 2 balconies, large room and just peaceful.
It has to be the BEST in the Resort. Let me know if you have
any questions.
Wendi

When we were at the GF we had a garden view room in Boca Chica. We were on the first floor facing Narcosees (I think that's the name) at night we were able to see the fireworks from the balcony. It was a very nice view and I would book a garden view again.

We have stayed at the GF twice. On our second trip, I requested Conch Key because we liked it so much the first time.

It turned out the building was concierge (because the main bldg was being renovated). So we got that upgrade for free. Nice Deal!!! However, our view was of a palm tree. There was this gigantic palm tree growing right outside our window (pool side view). We lived with the view because free concierge was such a great deal!!! My girls did enjoy looking for little lizards on the palm tree every morning.

Anna

Originally posted by Wendi
All I have to say is: BOCA CHICA*BOCA CHICA*BOCA CHICA
We have stayed in the same room the last 3 times and it is WONDERFUL. The VIEW, the MUSIC, the LOCATION and
ROOM. We had 2 balconies, large room and just peaceful.
It has to be the BEST in the Resort. Let me know if you have
any questions.
Wendi

Was this a standard garden view room? What did you like about the location? Music? What was your view?

Also, are any of the sections nonsmoking/smoking or is it by floor? DH wouldn't smoke in the room but he will probably want to have one on the balcony and I don't want to upset anyone.

Originally posted by ChiTownZee

Was this a standard garden view room? What did you like about the location? Music? What was your view?

Also, are any of the sections nonsmoking/smoking or is it by floor? DH wouldn't smoke in the room but he will probably want to have one on the balcony and I don't want to upset anyone.

There are some rooms in the resort that are a little larger (they are currently being placed in a seperate room category) that are usually assigned to the "regular" guests of the resort. I'm not sure if they've been put into their new room category yet or not (I was told by the GF staff that they would be later on this year).

Standard garden view rooms are all the same size, either the standard layout or the dormer layout. Boca Chica has a nice assortment of garden views (either pool view or towards Narcossees).

:)

Thanks for all your help everyone! It sounds like a garden view would be more than adequate (and $45 less per night).

I have another question related to views though.......Do all the rooms at the GF have balconies? I'm the kind of person that would almost rather stay at a property with exterior walkways and doors than not have a balcony (i feel really 'closed in' without access to fresh air)

I stayed at Big Pine Key in January 2002. It was a Garden View dormer room that overlooked the pool. It was a wonderful view.

I do like lagoon views though. Even though you are going to go with a Garden View. They are more soothing.

Well I'd really like a MK view, (OH! I would love that!) but I worry about spending an extra $400.00 for a lagoon view, and then maybe not even get one.

We just got back from the GF and had a garden (well Marina) view at Sago Cay. It was wonderful to look out over water and see the GF yacht moored. We could see space mountain from the balcony. It was great to walk a few yards to the head of the marina and watch the fireworks. It is a great location to see the castle change colors also. I think the balconies would be too small to fit 4 people comfortably, but we had a dormer room.

ChiTownZee,

Hi! Sorry it's taken me so long. We had a Lagoon View Room.
We were on the 4th Floor. You can hear the music from Magic Kingdom, you have a front row to the Water Parade, the View is anything you want it to be. You can see all of Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Narcoosee's, the Lake, the Island and if you stretch your head the Poly and Wedding Pavilion. You have Smoking Optional on the top 3 floors if I remember correct. The first 2 floors are Non Smoking. Private mail me and I will give you some more information.
Wendi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter