Grand Floridian Villas Bottled Shampoos or Pumps?

hlizard

Mouseketeer
Hi! I check in on saturday and was wondering if they had bottled shampoos or if they used the pumps here! Thanks in advance!

You could knock me over with a feather if they ever tried that pump nonsense at VGF. Of all places it would fly...not there lol. Don't worry :)

You could knock me over with a feather if they ever tried that pump nonsense at VGF. Of all places it would fly...not there lol. Don't worry :)
One would hope! However they are set to get the non ceramic coffee mugs in studios if what Patrick told me yesterday is to be believed. :confused3

Well, I hope not!! Only time I had them was a recent stay in a renovated POP room. Not a fan. :sad2:

IIRC, there have been reports that the pumps have been installed at SSR? Maybe I read that on another board.

I checked on the SSR Lovers thread and someone staying in the Grandstand said they have bottles of shampoo and conditioner, body gel and lotion in their room. Not a pump in sight!

BTW, if DVC should determine it was cheaper to do pumps I expect all of the DVC resorts would change to pumps including VGF. But it would be a very unpopular move. DVC just switched to larger tubes, I cannot imagine switching so soon to something else.

Last edited:
I stayed in a Tru by Hilton hotel last week and they had what I'll call squeeze tubes mounted to the wall. These were 18 oz tubes that you had to squeeze in order to get any product out. I did not find them obnoxious and wouldn't be opposed to something like that if the tubes were smaller and contained the good product.

The old bottles were 1.25 fluid oz. (37 ML) and the new tubes are 2 fluid oz. (60 ML). It doesn't sound like much it really helps to make it to trash 'n towel or full cleaning days. These tubes are not attached to the wall. Some cruise ships have gone to a pump system and all I can say is that they can be very painful when the ship is rocking due to rough seas. Of course we wouldn't have that problem in a resort.

Given all of the bad publicity recently regarding huge amounts of plastic in the oceans and landfills, it would not surprise me at all if all of the Disney hotels and resorts switched to the pumps for toiletries.

There are sealed cartridge systems that are much less susceptible to contamination / germs than the refillable systems.

I'd gladly accept a sealed system in lieu of adding to plastic waste.

The old bottles were 1.25 fluid oz. (37 ML) and the new tubes are 2 fluid oz. (60 ML). It doesn't sound like much it really helps to make it to trash 'n towel or full cleaning days. These tubes are not attached to the wall. Some cruise ships have gone to a pump system and all I can say is that they can be very painful when the ship is rocking due to rough seas. Of course we wouldn't have that problem in a resort.
Thank you very much. I agree every little bit more helps!

Given all of the bad publicity recently regarding huge amounts of plastic in the oceans and landfills, it would not surprise me at all if all of the Disney hotels and resorts switched to the pumps for toiletries.

There are sealed cartridge systems that are much less susceptible to contamination / germs than the refillable systems.

Maybe since Disney likes to say how green they are they should switch to biodegradable plastic.

No, I don't want a sealed system, I take the left overs home. They could switch to using plastics made from plants like corn starch, etc. that a compostable, that should solve the problem fairly easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter