Great beach town to stay the night in between Anaheim & Moorpark, CA?

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
Hubby & I are taking a quick trip to CA this weekend and spending 1 day at Disneyland this coming Saturday, then spending time in Newport to go to church but need to need to stay the night not too far from Moorpark Sunday night to visit a client for brunch Monday morning before flying home later that afternoon? Any suggestions of things to do and where would be fun to stay that we could enjoy the beach, have a nice dinner, etc?

Hubby & I are taking a quick trip to CA this weekend and spending 1 day at Disneyland this coming Saturday, then spending time in Newport to go to church but need to need to stay the night not too far from Moorpark Sunday night to visit a client for brunch Monday morning before flying home later that afternoon? Any suggestions of things to do and where would be fun to stay that we could enjoy the beach, have a nice dinner, etc?

Somewhere in Malibu or Santa Monica might be good, though traffic during rush hour to get to Moorpark will take you a while as you'll have to take the 405 or highway 1 to the 101 to the 23. I live in a neighboring city to Moorpark. Technically, the closest beach towns are Camarillo or Oxnard, but, I wouldn't say they have the most picturesque views or great food.

Anyway, if you stay in Malibu and like casual and slightly pricey but delicious seafood, check out Paradise Cove. Many films and older tv shows have been filmed there and it's about as "west coast beach vibe" as you can get.

Somewhere in Malibu or Santa Monica might be good, though traffic during rush hour to get to Moorpark will take you a while as you'll have to take the 405 or highway 1 to the 101 to the 23. I live in a neighboring city to Moorpark. Technically, the closest beach towns are Camarillo or Oxnard, but, I wouldn't say they have the most picturesque views or great food.

Anyway, if you stay in Malibu and like casual and slightly pricey but delicious seafood, check out Paradise Cove. Many films and older tv shows have been filmed there and it's about as "west coast beach vibe" as you can get.
Thank you so much for these tips! Wondering how long you think it would take on Mon. 11/11 also Veteran's Day to get to Moorpark from Malibu? Also any good ie. reasonably priced hotels lol you would recommend that are close to the beach? Preferably in the Hilton brand:)

Thank you so much for these tips! Wondering how long you think it would take on Mon. 11/11 also Veteran's Day to get to Moorpark from Malibu? Also any good ie. reasonably priced hotels lol you would recommend that are close to the beach? Preferably in the Hilton brand:)

Malibu to Moorpark is about 45 minutes, but if there's traffic, it might be up to 60 minutes. Santa Monica is anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on traffic and time of day. I think it's supposed to be hot this weekend, which means more beach traffic than normal for this time of year. Also, you'll probably need to drive through canyon roads, so if that's something you're not comfortable with, going around will take much longer.

The Double Tree in Santa Monica is fairly nice. It's about 3 blocks from the beach and not too far from popular shopping and night life. Most of the hotels with the best views are independently run. They're also likely sold out with this short of notice. But, if you're considering Malibu, Malibu Beach Inn, Malibu Country Inn, and The M Malibu are fairly good.

Malibu to Moorpark is about 45 minutes, but if there's traffic, it might be up to 60 minutes. Santa Monica is anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on traffic and time of day. I think it's supposed to be hot this weekend, which means more beach traffic than normal for this time of year. Also, you'll probably need to drive through canyon roads, so if that's something you're not comfortable with, going around will take much longer.

The Double Tree in Santa Monica is fairly nice. It's about 3 blocks from the beach and not too far from popular shopping and night life. Most of the hotels with the best views are independently run. They're also likely sold out with this short of notice. But, if you're considering Malibu, Malibu Beach Inn, Malibu Country Inn, and The M Malibu are fairly good.
Thank you so much for your help! Glad to have a starting point for research:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!