Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
GMR waits became longer when they added it to the FP system. However, it was pretty easy to get a FP.

The problem with GMR was it really needed an update. When the most recent movie you show is 40 years old, it's a problem.

I’d agree an update was needed. It could have been a good ride to highlight some of Disney’s movie properties. Could have had an animation section with Pixar and a super hero section and stuff like that. Have thanos come out and hijack the vehicle.

I’d agree an update was needed. It could have been a good ride to highlight some of Disney’s movie properties. Could have had an animation section with Pixar and a super hero section and stuff like that. Have thanos come out and hijack the vehicle.

definitely - just limit it to the history of Dinsey films ... start with the shorts, then to Snow White, some of the live action (20,000 Leagues, etc.) then through more modern movies and could add in Star Wars and Marvel and stuff.

A cartoon version/section would have been great and a nice fit with the animation courtyard.

AAs are repurposed where they can be. Sets and what not are likely trashed or put in the archives if they want to keep it.

Since disney is buying fox I hope they keep some of the aliens stuff to use on something else in the future. Unfortunatly though I don't see a lot of stuff on GMR (sets and the line) being able to be re-used for much else.

The wait times for GMR were often posted incorrectly. I know my last trip I saw it at 10 minutes so hopped in. I think it was 30-45 before I got on a ride.

Westerns as still being made today.

I enjoyed GMR and it was always a nice break during the day. I especially loved the alien sequence and where the vehicle got taken over.

I loved this ride -- but it was in dire need of an upgrade, including adding more movie scenes (they had the room) and taking out the robbery sequence with the cast members! I will miss it.

Personally I thought they should’ve taken out the Tarzan segment, too much space dedicated to a movie that wasn’t even the “more famous Disney version” years later. What to replace it with I don’t know. I guess this is where superhero’s could’ve come into play had it not been the marvel stipulations with universal. I do think definitely not dedicated to just Disney movies though
I’ve said it a hundred times I think they should’ve let the tour guides improvise. Would’ve loved to get a movie buff as my guide or a complete jokester

Personally I thought they should’ve taken out the Tarzan segment, too much space dedicated to a movie that wasn’t even the “more famous Disney version” years later. What to replace it with I don’t know. I guess this is where superhero’s could’ve come into play had it not been the marvel stipulations with universal. I do think definitely not dedicated to just Disney movies though
I’ve said it a hundred times I think they should’ve let the tour guides improvise. Would’ve loved to get a movie buff as my guide or a complete jokester

No way, that Tarzan part was awesome. Jane on the elephant and Tarzan on the swinging vine....My BF & I often imitate Jane saying Cheetah! Cheetah! Ongawa! Ongawa! Good stuff.

We knew many of the CMs & we got our own private improv from one of them if we sat up front.

Another thing, I don’t think a single update needed to be done to that ride, except maybe to the movie montage at the end, if anything. Those movies are classics, and if you don’t know many of them, I don’t know what to say. But you didn’t need to know them to enjoy the ride and the cool scenes and animatronics and cast interaction, just as you don’t need to know the movie Avatar to enjoy Pandora or NRJ or FoP.

All that ride needed was some maintenance, and it would have been nice to get the Footlight Parade spinning fountain part working again.

Another thing, I don’t think a single update needed to be done to that ride, except maybe to the movie montage at the end, if anything. Those movies are classics, and if you don’t know many of them, I don’t know what to say. But you didn’t need to know them to enjoy the ride and the cool scenes and animatronics and cast interaction, just as you don’t need to know the movie Avatar to enjoy Pandora or NRJ or FoP.

All that ride needed was some maintenance, and it would have been nice to get the Footlight Parade spinning fountain part working again.

And fixing Ingrid Bermann's eye!!!! The last time we rode it in 2014, one of her eyes had partly fallen into her head and it was "disturbing" at best :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts