Great Way for Disney to Raise Cash

grubens

Mouseketeer
Not that I think it will ever happen, but here is my suggestion to Disney for an almost cost-free way to raise cash:

Offer an opportunity to covert re-sale points to direct points. Will it solve all of Disney’s cash problems? Absolutely not. Will it likely generate real cash that effectively costs Disney nothing? Definitely. Could probably get $25/point, if not more.

My $0.02 at no cost to Disney. :)

Last edited:
Another way is for them to discount gift cards 5-10% that are sold by Disney directly.
That's a good idea. What if they sell 2021 gift cards (usable only next year onward) for a 5% discount and 2022 GC for 10% discount? Many DVC members would buy those, we have our dues coming up every year regardless.

Not that I think it will ever happen, but here is my suggestion to Disney for an almost cost-free way to raise cash:

Offer an opportunity to covert re-sale points to direct points. Will it solve all of Disney’s cash problems? Absolutely not. Will it likely generate real cash that effectively costs Disney nothing? Definitely. Could probably get $25/point, if not more.

My $0.02 at no cost to Disney. :)
This is actually written as a possibility in the Riviera POS and many think they'll do it, sooner or later.
I am among those, but I don't think it'll be cheap. Thinking more in the region of $80 per point.

That's a good idea. What if they sell 2021 gift cards (usable only next year onward) for a 5% discount and 2022 GC for 10% discount? Many DVC members would buy those, we have our dues coming up every year regardless.

This is actually written as a possibility in the Riviera POS and many think they'll do it, sooner or later.
I am among those, but I don't think it'll be cheap. Thinking more in the region of $80 per point.

Yes. I agree it will be closer to a fee that makes the cost for resale buyers much closer to direct,

So, say, BLT is going for $140 resale, but $235 direct, they might say to pay That $80/ Point, bringing to close to, but not quite as expensive,

OKW doesn't look to be worth paying for an upgrade direct. Direct is I think around $60pp more than resale but includes an additional 15 years on the contract. Most OKW resale contracts have not been extended.

Even with only a $50pp upgrade cost to direct, most would prefer paying $10pp difference to get the added 15yrs direct.

Needless to say, there are an infinite number of ways it could be done. As a 400 pt resale buyer, it is not worth $32,000 to me for a Blue Card. But I might give Disney another $8,000 if I only had to upgrade the minimum 100 points.

Needless to say, there are an infinite number of ways it could be done. As a 400 pt resale buyer, it is not worth $32,000 to me for a Blue Card. But I might give Disney another $8,000 if I only had to upgrade the minimum 100 points.
Maybe they could offer a maximum amount, such as the $8k.

Another angle they could approach is an upgrade contract adding a small percentage to dues to cover direct costs? Or some mix of both?

Another option is buying an equal amount of direct points to make resale points qualified points.

So, if a member has a 150 resale contract, and buy 150 direct, all 300 points are now eligible for booking all resorts..L14 and new,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter