• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Way to carry water in the parks

donac

Wife, mother, math teacher, quilter
Just before we left for Florida in Aug. my husband gave me a Camelback backpack. It has a resevoir that holds 3 litters of water with a tube that sits over your shoulder. At the end is a mouthpiece with an on off switch. As we started in the morning I would fill it with ice and cold water and it would hold my son and I for the entire morning. After our lunch break I would do it again and we were good till bedtime. You can get these in any good camping stores. Mine had a couple of of pockets that I could put our ponchos, a camera and a couple of snacks. It was really handy to have.

:wave: :wave: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Aug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS-S

Mine is a pretty small one and it couold fir a couple of ponchos, a small camera and some snacks. It wasn't too heavy. The opening for the water is pretty large and you could put ice and water in it. It was so hot that the condensation was dripping at times but that also cooled me off.

:earsboy: :earsboy: :wave: :bounce: :bounce:

Aug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS-S

How heavy was it, completely filled up?
This got me curious and since I have a kitchen scale, I decided to see how much the water weighed. 1 liter of water (close to 4 cups) weighs 2 pounds, 1 oz. So 3 liters would be 6 pounds 3 ounces. I have no idea what the camelback thing weighs, but at least you can get an idea of the weight of the water.

Thanks for the info. I might look into getting one for our next trip. Sure would be nice not carrying a little water bottle around all day long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter