"grey" equipment

Grey market means that the camera or product is sold in the US but it is not meant to be sold in the US. Basically Grey market cameras are sold at too good to be true prices. They rarely include more than the body (IE: no cables, no battery, no charger) and never include a Manufacter's US warranty. Very few respectable places sell them. I would not go that way.

Grey market means that the camera or product is sold in the US but it is not meant to be sold in the US. Basically Grey market cameras are sold at too good to be true prices. They rarely include more than the body (IE: no cables, no battery, no charger) and never include a Manufacter's US warranty. Very few respectable places sell them. I would not go that way.

Actually a lot of grey market items are sold at respectable online vendors. They make you aware of what you are buying though.

When I have looked at them they've never been at enough of a discount to make me interested though.

Just curious what the thoughts on grey equipment are?
gray market is legal, if it were someplace reputable like B&H or Adorama and the seller offered a decent warranty with it i wouldn't have a problem buying it if the price difference was enough. it doesn't mean it's counterfeit, it is just not authorized for that particular market...however i would never buy it from someone off ebay or someplace similar. i'd be afraid it was 1) counterfeit ( which a big problem with ebay, recently saw a news item that said almost 1/2 was)or 2) didn't have any usable warranty. i know canon for one does not accept "gray market/international" warranties. i should have or have sent in 4 new canon products i have bought for something, even if it was a minor adjustment so to me a warranty is a necessity(one body and/or lens were compatible, 2 lenses needed recalibrating or something
)

I have always run the other way from it because I am such a skeptic and I started wondering if it was just me. Nope, so far it feels shared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter