Grill Question

hertamaniac

DIS Veteran
Can you use a charcoal starter flume/can on the grills at FW (Disney provided)? I am not sure if you can remove the grate and replace.

Thanks.

I have used my charcoal chimney many times, the grate is on an upside down u and can be moved back to clear the grill base

Most of the sites I've been assigned had the type Mike described but I've also been on a site with a grill at the fort that didn't have the old reliable u-shaped grate (don't remember which loop) and since I use a chimney type starter it was an issue but I also have an electric starter so I used that instead.

I bring my own small rectangular Weber and use the Disney grill to set my chimney on.

Can you use a charcoal starter flume/can on the grills at FW (Disney provided)?

1) Open flames at WDW are not allowed - at any time (pine trees and flames do not mix well)
2) Yes, some people violate the rules and use charcoal starter fluid.
3) If caught, you will be (politely) asked to camp in another zip code.

Last edited:

Just returned and got my answer. Charcoal flumes have no issue with the grill(s) at the cabins at FW. My first trip to FW and was so impressed with everyone/everything.

My first trip to FW and was so impressed with everyone/everything.

1) Ta-Da !!!!!!
2) We keep telling people how marvelous it is at The Fort!
. . . different resort atmosphere
. . . friendlier guests
. . . more accommodating Cast Members
. . . a relaxed environment

Disclaimer: Please be aware that I am biased in favor of The Fort. It my favorite resort at which work which and to stay.

1) Ta-Da !!!!!!
2) We keep telling people how marvelous it is at The Fort!
. . . different resort atmosphere
. . . friendlier guests
. . . more accommodating Cast Members
. . . a relaxed environment

Disclaimer: Please be aware that I am biased in favor of The Fort. It my favorite resort at which work which and to stay.

Agreed 100%. I thought the atmosphere would be more "trashy", but was so mistaken. Everyone we came across were much more friendly than other WDW resorts we've stayed at. Granted, we also rented a golf cart that made touring the Christmas lights a major attraction in and of itself.

Now that we got our feet wet with renting a cabin, I think the next step is to rent an RV/pop-up from a WDW approved vendor.

But, for me I still like OKW best; it's simply a personal preference of tropical theme/pool. The best part? You are only a couple of miles away from either resort so you can enjoy both experiences!

Agreed 100%. I thought the atmosphere would be more "trashy", but was so mistaken.

Why do so many people have the mistaken thought in their minds that all RV Parks are 'trashy'??? :confused3 We have stayed at many that beat the looks of a lot of hotels!

Heard a young teen girl on the boat ask her mother why they had to go through a 'campground' (said with disdain and horror) to get to the Hoop de Doo!! 'Mother' said it shouldn't be too bad!! :eek:
Makes me wonder if her house was as nice as some of the RV's there! Know it's said in ignorance, but still sort of 'gets my goat'!! There can be 'trash' at any hotel - have seen some questionable things going on at some of the Disney hotels. Money/or lack thereof does not a person make.
Would venture to say FW guests may even be a 'cut above' or am I the one now being biased???? :P :D

Why do so many people have the mistaken thought in their minds that all RV Parks are 'trashy'??? :confused3 We have stayed at many that beat the looks of a lot of hotels!

Heard a young teen girl on the boat ask her mother why they had to go through a 'campground' (said with disdain and horror) to get to the Hoop de Doo!! 'Mother' said it shouldn't be too bad!! :eek:
Makes me wonder if her house was as nice as some of the RV's there! Know it's said in ignorance, but still sort of 'gets my goat'!! There can be 'trash' at any hotel - have seen some questionable things going on at some of the Disney hotels. Money/or lack thereof does not a person make.
Would venture to say FW guests may even be a 'cut above' or am I the one now being biased???? :P :D

I have stayed at several AAA Five Diamond resorts when in the work force, full-time. I've often joked to my friends/family that I was married to a 737 for the past few years for business and stayed at many hotels/resorts across the U.S. and U.K.

But, it was when I was at the campfire with the Chuck Wagon and Chip-n-Dale when my perspective changed. I came away blown away with the folks/friends in the audience and the warm hugs. Shame on me to think that drinking X and viewing Y provides a better experience.

FW is a wonderful experience that may make....err.....mandate that The Fort is more than a worthy place to stay.

We went to AKL for breakfast and I was shocked at the difference between guests. No one ould even make eye contact or smile! (Except for cast members of course.) I know it’s a bit OT, but we really appreciate the friendliness of FW! We probably wouldn’t go to Disney at all if not for the Fort.

We went to AKL for breakfast and I was shocked at the difference between guests. No one ould even make eye contact or smile! (Except for cast members of course.) I know it’s a bit OT, but we really appreciate the friendliness of FW! We probably wouldn’t go to Disney at all if not for the Fort.

Coulnd't agree more. Went to AKL for lunch and dinner (Sanaa/Jiko). But, as a local, we couldn't believe the warmth of FW.

KUNGALOOSH was the term used by fellow members of the ADVENTURERS CLUB when there was a chapter in what is now DISNEY SPRINGS in greeting each other coupled with the secret hand signal It was also a used as a term of approval or a cheer of encouragement for a fellow members recounting of an ADVENTURE or actions. Failure to respond in kind had serious Ramifications for the offender

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts