Grilled Shrimp & Mango Salad

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
With the hot summer weather I've been serving main dish salads for my DH and I's dinner. I found this one today and think I will try it soon.

Grilled Shrimp & Mango Salad

2 large firm mangoes, peeled & shredded
3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
1/3 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce (sold in Asian markets)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 small hot chile, such as serrano, seeded, minced
1 pound shrimp, (25 to 30 per pound)
2 cups greens
lime slices, for garnish

Combine green onions, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and chile in a bowl. Mix in shredded mango. Chill while preparing shrimp. Shell and devein shrimp and rinse well; divide into 4 portions. Thread 1 portion onto a slender metal skewer. Run a second skewer through shrimp 1/2 to 1 inch from the first skewer, to keep them flat. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Grill shrimp on a medium hot grill, covered, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until opaque but still a bit moist in the center of thickest parts.

Place greens on a platter; mound mango mixture onto the greens using a slotted spoon. Place shrimp over the mango salad and garnish with lime slices, if desired.
Serves 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter