Grizzly River Run

mimichan

Mouseketeer
Do you get wet on this ride? By this, I mean, wet to the point that you would need a change of clothes after riding it. Would it be better to wear a poncho? If you compare this to Splash Mountain, I know you can get wet on that ride but not to the point where you would need to change clothes. I'm just curious how wet you get on GRR. Thanks!

You can get soaked on this ride. So much so, I won't ride it much anymore. I will only ride when I know I will be going back to a hotel room to change right after or have a poncho with me!

I was just reading about this in a guide book. Yes, you get wet, and the photo I saw of it, the guests were wearing rain ponchos. Each ride is different, and it said you might get a little wet, or completely soaked.

I'm not sure if I'll do this one, but I would definitely wear the poncho! :)

Just love this ride. You never know how wet you will get. You will not get as wet as the waterride at Silverwood in Northern Idaho. Great break when it is warm. I keep watching to see if people start to shrink.

Jack pirate:

I got COMPLETELY SOAKED on this ride. Loved it!! :woohoo: But, I've also ridden it and didn't get that wet, so you never know...

There have been times I didn't get all that wet and others where I have been soaked.

I've ridden it a few times with a poncho and a few times without. Just as other posters have mentioned, you may get completely soaked and you may not. If you're not interested in getting soaked, wear the poncho but don't forget your feet. I'm not sure if they allow it, but remove any leather shoes or tennis shoes. I typically wear sandals or flipflops to avoid having wet socks and shoes.

We too have been completely soaked and on other occasions, hardly wet, just depends on where you are sitting and which way you are facing!!
We love it on a hot day as it really cools you down and doesn't take long to dry off.
Love Ella

As everyone has mentioned you just don't know how wet you'll get. Here are my tips...first, there are lockers located next to the attraction that are free, I believe for the first hour. If you have something like a camera or cell phone that you'd like to protect Disney provides this for you. Okay, second, do not sit next to the so-called entrance slot, the water seems to flow more freely into that empty space. Third, you can some-what keep your feet up on the middle of the ride vehicle to keep them dry, the floor has water standing in it at times. And fourth, if you want to wear that ponch it really helps, and you can keep valuables like a camera dry without using the lockers. And fifth, the very most important tip I can give you, DO NOT MISS THIS RIDE!!!!, IT IS SO MUCH FUN AND YOU'LL REGRET IT IF YOU DO NOT RIDE IT, BELIEVE ME !!! :tink:

We got completely soaked, and I mean completely. So much so that my underwear was wet and I hadn't the foresight to bring dry so I had dry pants once I changed but with a wet rear end. Not a pretty sight!

But the ride was so fun and well worth it. We didn't bring ponchos but I think it would have been a great idea to help keep us drier. We did make sure to put our stuff in the free lockers provided.

GRR is awesome--don't skip it! However, you could get wet. Depends on where you sit. Usually everyone else is pretty dry, but one or two people are SOAKED! I always wish they'd install a big blowdryer at the exit, but since they don't we just try to not go to shows afterward because it's really chilly in airconditioned places when you're soaked.

We rode this twice and got wet the first time and SOAKED the second. Having wet denimn pants was slightly annoying, but the soaked shoes were the worst. My feet were still soaked several hours later when we went back to the hotel.

Put your feet up on the steering wheel thing in the middle. It looks stupid, but it will save squishing around in soaked feet all day.

I really don't think the ponchos help all that much on this ride as the water always gets your rear end and unless you have a super large poncho that you can sit on,you will still get off with a wet bum!!!
Love Ella

I have the ultimate solution to stay dry on this ride! I bring 2 garbage bags with me in my backpack. One I put my backpack in, the other I make a hole for my head and arms, put it on as a poncho, and then when I sit down - I pull in under my behind and over my knees. Yes - put your feet up! My arms got a bit wet (as did my head) but the core of my body and my feet stayed nice and dry! And I just throw the garbage bags away after we're done riding.....
You shouldn't miss this one - it's a lot of fun! Even if you do get soaked - it's worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter