Grocery delivery to DVC resorts questions

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
For our large party’s recent stay we used Garden Grocer. I have no complaints, they were great. Prices being high were expected.

That being said, are Amazon Now prices better? And do we have to be in the room to receive delivery from them or does it work the same way in that delivery is made to bell services and held there for when we are ready?
How long in advance does the order for Amazon Now need to be placed and is there a delivery charge? If so, how much. We are prime members, if that has any impact on the charges.

Thanks.

Since you're already Prime members, you can check online at primenow.amazon.com to get an idea of prices for your items.

The delivery window is not necessarily 2 hours from the time you place your order. It's one of the following two-hour windows depending on availability (they do fill up).

Two-hour delivery windows start at 8 AM and end at 8 PM*:
8 - 10 AM
10 AM - Noon
Noon - 2 PM
2 - 4 PM
4 - 6 PM
6 - 8 PM
8 - 10 PM
*This is based on delivery to Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani but I expect it would be similar for other DVC properties at WDW.

You can place your order the day of arrival or the day before, and select delivery from the two-hour windows that are still available on that day.

Adding: Delivery is free if your total is $35 or higher, or $4.99 if your total is under $35.

Last edited:

Since you're already Prime members, you can check online at primenow.amazon.com to get an idea of prices for your items.

The delivery window is not necessarily 2 hours from the time you place your order. It's one of the following two-hour windows depending on availability (they do fill up).

Two-hour delivery windows start at 8 AM and end at 8 PM*:
8 - 10 AM
10 AM - Noon
Noon - 2 PM
2 - 4 PM
4 - 6 PM
6 - 8 PM
8 - 10 PM
*This is based on delivery to Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani but I expect it would be similar for other DVC properties at WDW.

You can place your order the day of arrival or the day before, and select delivery from the two-hour windows that are still available on that day.

Adding: Delivery is free if your total is $35 or higher, or $4.99 if your total is under $35.

Thank you for that very comprehensive information. I will definitely give it a try next time around.

Have a good day

Dee

We are ordering through Amazon Prime Now for our April trip. It built in a tip but now delivery charge. This will be the first time we are getting groceries delivered for a trip and we are very excited for this option rather than bring items with us or shopping at one of the Disney trading posts.

We have all our items in the cart and will hit send before our flight takes off with the hopes it will all be there waiting for us when we arrive.

We were thinking of switching from Garden Grocer to Amazon Prime Now but decided against it. It is my understanding Amazon does not deliver beer or wine. Not that we are big drinkers but with 6 adults we like to have a cold beer or glass of wine at the end of a long day in the parks. Garden Grocer does deliver this and we have used them the last several times now with no issues..smjj

We have all our items in the cart and will hit send before our flight takes off with the hopes it will all be there waiting for us when we arrive.

Just keep an eye on the items in your cart as availability can fluctuate daily. Sometimes you have to add an item back after it’s been removed. We used it twice and loved it. Easy peasy!

We were thinking of switching from Garden Grocer to Amazon Prime Now but decided against it. It is my understanding Amazon does not deliver beer or wine. Not that we are big drinkers but with 6 adults we like to have a cold beer or glass of wine at the end of a long day in the parks. Garden Grocer does deliver this and we have used them the last several times now with no issues..smjj
That's correct about no alcohol from Prime Now in the Orlando area. Now if you were going to Disneyland, they deliver alcohol in the Anaheim area. Hopefully they will continue to expand this in the future.

Just keep an eye on the items in your cart as availability can fluctuate daily. Sometimes you have to add an item back after it’s been removed. We used it twice and loved it. Easy peasy!
Great tip. Thank you.

We’ve used Prime Pantry several times now. I did notice last week that Disney charged me a $5.00 handling fee to receive my box and deliver to the room.

The others are right -Amazon doesn’t deliver alcohol. We typically stay at BWV and buy alcohol at the gas station across the street.

What is the delivery fee/minimum order for Garden Grocer? Wonder if it would be worthwhile to order groceries from Amazon, and alcohol from Garden grocer. We aren't big drinkers so it may not be worth the price.

We just came back two weeks ago and used Amazon Prime Now twice at BWV. The first time was for groceries and the second time was to order my husband a new shaver. He forgot the cord to his electric shaver so we were able to buy one through Amazon Prime Now and have it delivered later in the day. We loved it and will definitely use again.

Have not tried Amazon, but have been tempted. We have used Garden Grocer several times and been happy with them. They are not cheap, but saves us stopping at a store on the way.

We just came back two weeks ago and used Amazon Prime Now twice at BWV. The first time was for groceries and the second time was to order my husband a new shaver. He forgot the cord to his electric shaver so we were able to buy one through Amazon Prime Now and have it delivered later in the day. We loved it and will definitely use again.
We have used wegoshopping in the past but there has been a lot of concerns with recent post, We are going beginning of May and are considering using AmazonPrime now, I went on site and looks like items are from Whole foods, which is fine by me, should I make a cart and then just send it the day or two before we go? any help will be appreciated.

We are going beginning of May and are considering using AmazonPrime now, I went on site and looks like items are from Whole foods, which is fine by me, should I make a cart and then just send it the day or two before we go? any help will be appreciated.
This is what I do. I currently have my cart populated for my next trip in November. As I think of new things I add them. Just be aware that items can go out of stock, so it's a good idea to recheck your cart a few days before you place your order.

By the way, they have a mixture of items from Whole Foods and elsewhere, it's not all Whole Foods.

This is what I do. I currently have my cart populated for my next trip in November. As I think of new things I add them. Just be aware that items can go out of stock, so it's a good idea to recheck your cart a few days before you place your order.

By the way, they have a mixture of items from Whole Foods and elsewhere, it's not all Whole Foods.
Thanks, that is what I'll do, my real concern was only placing order day before, I was use to placing order a month ahead, but sounds like Amazon Prime Now is the way I will go, your help is appreciated.

We have used wegoshopping in the past but there has been a lot of concerns with recent post, We are going beginning of May and are considering using AmazonPrime now, I went on site and looks like items are from Whole foods, which is fine by me, should I make a cart and then just send it the day or two before we go? any help will be appreciated.

I did make a cart a week before we went and when I went to place an order the morning of I rechecked and an item was missing that I substituted. Another helpful thing was they sent an email stating the order was on its way and I could track on a map where the driver was to plan accordingly.

Hello! We are considering trying Amazon Prime Now in a couple weeks for our Trip, but I have a couple of questions first.

We will be on a cruise for three days prior to our WDW stay. Can I order four days ahead and ask for it to be delivered on a certain day?

Second, will they leave the groceries with bell services, or do we have to be there to get them? I have ordered from Gatden Grocer in the past and they just left our stuff and we sent for it when we could. It was super convenient. But I like the prices better at Prime Now.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter