Grocery delivery to resorts??

Rwsm2011

Mouseketeer
It's been awhile since we've been to DW. Can you still have groceries delivered to the hotel? If so, will they still keep them cold until you get to your room? What service/store do you prefer?

Yes, though I have heard that some people have been being charged for handling. I used Garden Grocer back in january at CBR and was very happy with it.

I used Amazon Pantry when I was at WDW in June. The boxes were delivered to our room. There was a $5 handling fee (charged by Disney) for each box. We didn't order anything perishable, so I can't answer that part.

I have used Garden Grocer at least twice and Amazon PrimeNow once, most recently. My food was kept cold until my arrival (or until I returned to my room) each time. Every time I have used grocery delivery it's been while staying at AKL. I'm not sure if value/moderate resorts have handling fees, but I do remember hearing that some resorts charge them. I had a little trouble with PrimeNow on my last trip because they print your name so small on the label that bell services couldn't find it. I also heard from the concierge (while they were looking for my groceries) that the Prime Now couriers will often confuse the resorts and not pay attention to whether they are supposed to drop off at Jambo or Kidani....so they were searching both resorts for a paper bag of groceries with a TINY name printed on it.

I've used Garden Grocer, Amazon Prime Pantry, Amazon Prime Now, and Safeway. The best for selection and price was Safeway.

They will keep cold items cold for you, but last trip I chose to have the delivery the evening we arrived, so I'd be in the room (All Star Sports). They brought it right to the room (I had to be present since I ordered alcohol).

They had issues with minors ordering alcohol and having it delivered to bell services recently, so are being careful to make sure you show your ID upon delivery. I understand, as there can be 18 year olds in a room and then order beer illegally.

In the past at Pop, when I ordered stuff and wasn't in the room, bell services put it away for me in the fridge.

I've used Garden Grocer, Amazon Prime Pantry, Amazon Prime Now, and Safeway. The best for selection and price was Safeway.

They will keep cold items cold for you, but last trip I chose to have the delivery the evening we arrived, so I'd be in the room (All Star Sports). They brought it right to the room (I had to be present since I ordered alcohol).

They had issues with minors ordering alcohol and having it delivered to bell services recently, so are being careful to make sure you show your ID upon delivery. I understand, as there can be 18 year olds in a room and then order beer illegally.

In the past at Pop, when I ordered stuff and wasn't in the room, bell services put it away for me in the fridge.

Which zip code did you use for Safeway? I used 34747 for all star movies and it says they don't deliver to that zip code.

Which zip code did you use for Safeway? I used 34747 for all star movies and it says they don't deliver to that zip code.

Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
1901 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8412

We have used both Garden Grocer and Orlando Grocery Express with pretty much identical experiences, both good. Fees and prices are pretty much the same. I usually just go through and whoever has what we are looking to order we use that particular trip.

I have never tried any of these services. How do you go about ordering from Garden Grocer? Can you order before you leave home? Do they have beer?

I have never tried any of these services. How do you go about ordering from Garden Grocer? Can you order before you leave home? Do they have beer?
I think you can order up to 60 days in advance (the further out you order, the higher the discount). They do have beer but I believe for alcohol deliveries someone over 21 has to be present.

ADDED: I just checked and I can choose my may 7 2018 date for delivery

We've used Garden Grocer and Safeway and found both to be easy to work with.

Garden Grocer does not require you to be there in person to pick up deliveries that include alcohol (at least, they didn't when we used them). I scanned my ID and sent it to them via email the first time I ordered from them. The next time I ordered from that same account, I didn't have to resend the ID as they had me marked as over 21 in their system.

Safeway did require me to be on hand to pick up groceries that included alcohol, but I didn't mind as I scheduled the delivery during a planned afternoon rest at our hotel. They called my cell ahead of time to give me an ETA and then called when they were pulling into the resort. I met the delivery person in the lobby and they were able to follow my party to our set of rooms and unload (we were a group with three rooms).

Also, Safeway was a more inexpensive than Garden Grocer. When they didn't have a few items I ordered, they made substitutions rather than not deliver my item. Most substitutions were fine (one brand of something instead of another, for example, at an almost exact cost), while one substitution was a head scratcher (I ordered foam plates simply because they were the cheapest...and because they were out of foam plates, they sent foam to go containers instead of substituting paper plates...we had fun eating our sandwiches and snacks on our balcony using to go boxes :tongue:).

When Garden Grocer delivered, bell services kept my food stored, including cold items. I just called for the order when I was in my room and waited 10 minutes at most for it to be delivered no matter which resort we were staying.

Last edited:
Yes, though I have heard that some people have been being charged for handling. I used Garden Grocer back in january at CBR and was very happy with it.

Another vote for Gardrn Grocer. Have used them for our last four Disney trips, they were excellent every time. Yep everything was kept super cold till we called bell services to have it delivered up to our room.

FWIW I always order from Garden Grocer. I have an order with them for my trip in 2 weeks. After reading this post, I decided to compare my order to Safeway and OMG! My order at Garden Grocer was $80. I went to the Safeway site and ordered everything I had on my GG list and 5 additional items and it was $50.60. They then had a $20 off and free delivery on your first order promo so my grand total is $30.60! What a massive savings! (a case of water at GG is $10.99/40 bottles vs. $4/36 bottles at Safeway)

FWIW I always order from Garden Grocer. I have an order with them for my trip in 2 weeks. After reading this post, I decided to compare my order to Safeway and OMG! My order at Garden Grocer was $80. I went to the Safeway site and ordered everything I had on my GG list and 5 additional items and it was $50.60. They then had a $20 off and free delivery on your first order promo so my grand total is $30.60! What a massive savings! (a case of water at GG is $10.99/40 bottles vs. $4/36 bottles at Safeway)
WOW! That's amazing! How far in advance can you place a Safeway order? I need to find out if they deliver to Shades of Green. So far Instacart Publix has been my cheapest option but I will need to look into the Safeway option as well.

WOW! That's amazing! How far in advance can you place a Safeway order? I need to find out if they deliver to Shades of Green. So far Instacart Publix has been my cheapest option but I will need to look into the Safeway option as well.

Im not sure how far you can order and I didn't see any restrictions on where they deliver. The $20 off promotion was awesome. One thing they did note is the price I ordered at, is this weeks current sale price, so the price will fluctuate some depending on what the sales are the week they are delivered.

Im not sure how far you can order and I didn't see any restrictions on where they deliver. The $20 off promotion was awesome. One thing they did note is the price I ordered at, is this weeks current sale price, so the price will fluctuate some depending on what the sales are the week they are delivered.
ok, good to know. We are quite a long ways from our trip but I will keep an eye on Safeway and also Instacart. Seems much less overall than the others. Instacart was nearly half of the GG quote but I still have time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!