Grocery delivery

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Anyone had experience with ordering from Walmart plus? I think I can just put the Disney resort as my delivery and billing address right ? Since it won’t work with a Canadian billing address?

That's what I am hoping to do in May for my trip. But that is what I found in searching.

Can anyone else confirm that this indeed does work or offer any alternatives that also have worked for them please?

Yes I was hoping to see if someone has had success with this. I might try garden grocers instead

Yes I was hoping to see if someone has had success with this. I might try garden grocers instead
Garden Grocer is very expensive. They were a one and done for me. I have only used Publix Instacart since then and have always had a good experience. I usually use them twice each trip as we often do split stays. One order before we leave Canada, a second order when we change resorts.

I can't answer the OP's question as I have never used Walmart, but for Instacart, you use the hotel's address.

Garden Grocer is very expensive. They were a one and done for me. I have only used Publix Instacart since then and have always had a good experience. I usually use them twice each trip as we often do split stays. One order before we leave Canada, a second order when we change resorts.

I can't answer the OP's question as I have never used Walmart, but for Instacart, you use the hotel's address.
I’m just surprised that the credit card charge is able to go through when the billing address does not fit the card. I’m concerned that visa will decline the charge

Yes I used Walmart for our grocery delivery this past Christmas. Used the resort address and paid with my BMO Mastercard. No problem.

I signed up for the free trial of Walmart plus. I put my order in 5 days before delivery because I wanted time to figure out a back up plan if it didn't work.

Groceries were left with bell services and put in refrigerator. We didn't make it there, but our groceries did! LOL.

I will use them again for our next rebooked trip!

I’m just surprised that the credit card charge is able to go through when the billing address does not fit the card. I’m concerned that visa will decline the charge
I set up my Instacart a few years ago, so I can't recall if there is a separate billing address. If there is, definitely use your home address. There is a PayPal option as well so that might be a better choice if you're concerned about your credit card being rejected.

We have used Garden Grocer a few times… yes they where a bit more expensive but we have never had an issue with an order (late/missing/alternate items) to me that is worth a few extra bucks .. I know in the past if you ordered early enough before your trip there was a slight discount too

Check out dizzy dolphin. It’s been a while since we last used them but when we did it worked out smoothly

We use Instacart. Never had any issues using a Us delivery address. We’ve used it at 6 different Disney resorts.

I just made an order via Garden Grocer.
https://www.gardengrocer.com/product/6436-nestle-pure-life-purified-water-40ct-case-of-169oz-btls
I was going to make a trip (Uber) to Walmart and back ,,,,,,, but I like the idea of not lugging a case of water around.
My order came to roughly $42 USD.
Plus $15 USD for delivery.
$57 USD =$76.03 CAD.
I drink about 2-3 bottles of water a day so for me the water alone was worth the order.
resort prices 21 bottles x $2.75 (my estimate) =$57.75 USD
Garden Grocer case of 40 water

After placing the online order the company called to confirm and gave me a specific time they will drop off groceries as the resort I am staying at you must be in attendance during delivery. (Universal Orlando Resort).

So far polite and courteous service ,,,I'll report back after trip.
Hugs Mel

********Here is a bit of info********

checkout.png

If you order ahead you can get a discount (Promotion).
First, you will need to make an account with us. It is free and takes only a few minutes. Once you have done that, you may click the Shop tab and add all the items you would like to your cart. If you are not sure on what you would like exactly, you may always just leave the items in your cart and they will save until you are ready. We ask that you place your order at least two days prior to delivery.

We also have promotions for ordering early (120, 90, 60, 30, and 15 days ahead of delivery date) so I would recommend you order as soon as possible! *** Excludes Wine, Beer and Alcohol purchases from Regency Wine and Liquor. ***

During check out we will ask you to pick your resort from the drop-down menu and pick a time slot for delivery, which are 8am-12pm, 12pm-4pm, or 4pm-9pm*. These time frames are only for resorts on Disney Property. For the resorts where you need to be present to accept the delivery, we only deliver between 8am and 4pm.

All the resorts on Disney Property will hold and refrigerate your groceries until you arrive, so you will not have to be present for delivery.

We do require a $40.00 order minimum and there is a $15 delivery fee for all orders with a subtotal of less than $200. If your order is over $200, the delivery fee is waived.

Tip envelope I made for delivery person
gardengroc101.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter