Grocery shopping during Coronavirus?

I have been going to Walmart early morning 7 AM for Senior Citizens and anyone who has an underlying condition bring your list and Walmart employees shop for you. Be prepared to be therefor 2 1/2 hours sitting in car .BUT WELL WORTH IT. They bring you your groceries & load your car.You stay put. then they take picture of your debit /credit card SCAN and GO.The workers are AWESOME .Refuse any tips. Got about 90 % of what was on my list. Social distancing the ENTIRE TIME.

Things are getting better around here -- DH made the weekend grocery run this evening and saw significant improvement in supply. He only had to go to 2 stores, not the usual 4, and shelves were more stocked than last week. He saw more dairy and eggs, more meat, found bags of flour (!), and even found a pallet of toilet paper (in the evening!). No cleaning supplies, of course, but each week things have been improving. It's like looking for signs of spring after a hard winter!

Last edited:
I have been going to Walmart early morning 7 AM for Senior Citizens and anyone who has an underlying condition bring your list and Walmart employees shop for you. Be prepared to be therefor 2 1/2 hours sitting in car .BUT WELL WORTH IT. They bring you your groceries & load your car.You stay put. then they take picture of your debit /credit card SCAN and GO.The workers are AWESOME .Refuse any tips. Got about 90 % of what was on my list. Social distancing the ENTIRE TIME.
That is a brilliant idea! Glad you got most of the items that you needed.

Our stores have been ok. I just have I go to multiple stores. One might have all the eggs but no meat and the other had no eggs and meat. I also live in a rural area so every two weeks I have been driving to an area with a bunch of stores. No delivery here. I wanted Walmart pickup. I have done it before with success but they said they were sold out of hot dog buns and about every thing on my list so I went in and there it was. One thing is hard is that I have a family of six who are all home all the time now 2 cartons of eggs dosent cut it for our family. The limits are what’s forcing me to go to so many places. We don’t eat junk or frozen premised stuff. I can’t purchase enough frozen vegetables to get us through anymore. Not because they don’t have it but because of limits. Plus I feel bad because I look like a hoarder buying two weeks worth of groceries. I’m going out today. I’m going to a discount grocery that I have luck at. (No limits other than paper products). I just have to drive 1 hr to get there.

I do stock up before all this started. I started buying extra peanut butter, can goods, and stuff like Mac and cheese for the kids. I did buy some things I wouldn’t normally but I wanted easy things that they could fix on their own. I wish I had stocked up an protein. Fail there. We had to stop our keto diet because of it.

I said I was gonna stay out of all stores through Easter, and I'm now gonna extend to the end of April. My area is apparently now becoming a "hot spot", and I'm pretty stocked, except for not having desired meat and fish proteins - but I do have proteins, so I'll make it work. My weekly produce box has been the lifesaver that has kept me home...although it's running late this week:(. Well, thankfully, I still hadn't made it through the last produce box, and I have the Safeway pre-reserved pick up on Easter, so I can adapt, even if the produce box doesn't show up til midweek next week (it is delaying my meal planning, though)...

Our family went to a small local grocery store and got almost everything we asked for. They don't have any online system, you just email them your order a couple days in advance, and then they call you the day of your pickup to give you the total and get your credit card information. We pulled in, told them our names and what our car looked like, and a guy dressed like an old fashioned grocer (wearing shirt and tie under a long apron) came out and put everything into the trunk.

I used to prefer going to a brand name supermarket nearby but after how easy it was to shop with them and the fact they were able to get our family everything we needed during this tough time, they're definitely earning my patronage in the future when this is all over.

I said I was gonna stay out of all stores through Easter, and I'm now gonna extend to the end of April. My area is apparently now becoming a "hot spot", and I'm pretty stocked, except for not having desired meat and fish proteins - but I do have proteins, so I'll make it work. My weekly produce box has been the lifesaver that has kept me home...although it's running late this week:(. Well, thankfully, I still hadn't made it through the last produce box, and I have the Safeway pre-reserved pick up on Easter, so I can adapt, even if the produce box doesn't show up til midweek next week (it is delaying my meal planning, though)...

Wishing you and yours lots of pixie dust that your area doesn't become a hot spot, and if it does, it cools down quickly.

Today it was business as usually around here. Every store I drove by the parking lots were packed. Walmart, Target, Meijer, Home Depot and a few others. No one here was following the rule to Stay At Home order. We placed a curbside pick up at the hardware store to avoid going in yet I see that there are tons of people at the stores everywhere I looked. What do people not understand. I understand that it is normal to see lot of people at the stores the day before a holiday but come on people. This is not a race to see what state has the highest number of cases so stay at home.

Today it was business as usually around here. Every store I drove by the parking lots were packed. Walmart, Target, Meijer, Home Depot and a few others. No one here was following the rule to Stay At Home order. We placed a curbside pick up at the hardware store to avoid going in yet I see that there are tons of people at the stores everywhere I looked. What do people not understand. I understand that it is normal to see lot of people at the stores the day before a holiday but come on people. This is not a race to see what state has the highest number of cases so stay at home.

Oh wow, I hope people in your state realize this isn't a joke and stay home. It is hard to do here in AZ at the moment, because we are having such beautiful weather. (Today will be in the high 70s). But, we are doing it because we know it is the right thing to do.

Here too. On Saturday I ordered from a food truck who was parked at a neighborhood amenities center. I couldn't even find a parking spot because there were so many people at the STILL OPEN pool and basketball court. The truck operator was not happy, as they had gone completely contactless - online order/payment only, etc. to comply with social distancing, and were told that the parking lot would be empty. I felt so bad for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter