• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Grosvenor Question

Jaybrad

Old Disney Dude
I just recieved an email for a rate of $59 in January at the Grosvenor. We stayed there years ago when it was the Dutch Inn. Anyone stayed there recently? If so, how was it?

IMHO $59 a night for Grosvenor is way too much. We were just there in September. The front desk people were nice, but our room was sort of dumpy. Clean, but desperately in need of renovation. Also, housekeeping completely skipped us one day. We got back late and it took nearly an hour for them to arrive with clean towels. I was not impressed and won't be staying there again.

Other people have reported their stays were fine, though. I'd still try to see if you can find a lower rate before deciding. Good luck!

was very happy with my stay. I wrote a review on a priceline bidding assistance board. Follow this link to my review and the reviews of others who have stayed there recently.

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm78.showMessage?topicID=18.topic

I'm sure there are many differing opinions. I think it depends on what you expect going in. I knew the hotel was older but the location was wonderful. The transportation was good enough I left my car parked and my room was clean. I also had a refrigerator in my room which really saved us money. It was also nice to be eligible for early entry and e-nights without paying huge prices for Disney on-site hotels. For what I paid ($35 with $5 bonus) it was a steal. I think $59 is a good price but I've seen other specials so if business doesn't pick up they may offer a better incentive. I haven't seen too many successful Priceline bids on this property lately and maybe that's because they're using their inventory with other specials.

Whatever you decide I hope you have a great trip.

Carolyn

I was VERY satisfied with my stay at the Grosvenor! I liked it a lot better than staying at the All Stars. The rooms are much bigger, and there's a coffee maker and a fridge in the room. The location is terrific! It's literally right across the street from DD...just a short stroll. Our room was very nice, the staff was very pleasant, and I'd stay there again any time! Oh, and I thought I got a great rate @ $99! (But, this was before Sept 11!) We had a 3rd floor room overlooking the pool. I'd stay there again!

Our stay was over Labor Day weekend at $40.00 per night and I STILL think that was too much to pay. I certainly wasn't expecting Disney quality from this non-Disney hotel--but I was expecting it to be at least a step up from Days Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter