Ground beef at Sam’s Club/ Costco

I may be off on the price as I haven't gotten one in over a month. I think at Costco there were packages from $15 - $20 that had maybe 5-6 pounds of meat in them.
That sounds about right to me. And I believe it's 85% lean....at Costco.

I'm thinking at Sam's they are in a 10 pound roll. I feel like last time I looked - probably last month - it was around $2.99/lb.

Sams cases are 8, 10 pound rolls. It’s never exactly 80 pounds so they weigh it. The 90/10 runs $3.04 in our store. I should have bought one last month because now we can’t find ground beef to buy 🙄

I was thinking of getting the one in the package not the roll. If I’m lucky to find one I planning on using my foodsaver to seal 1lb bags. If all else fails I’ll thaw out hamburger patties for spaghetti 🤷🏽‍♀️

Ground beef (90/10), processed fresh in store (so the tray that is shrink wrapped...not the tubes of meat), at Sams - just under 5 lb per pack, $2.98 per lb, making the pack just under $15. We divide it up into portions based on what we want to do with it and freeze. I normally don't like meat out of the freezer, but in these current conditions, it's nice to know we have enough on hand for a couple of weeks worth of meals. The quality has been good.

I know a lot of folks don't like cooking frozen ground beef, but just as a tip it can also be cooked and then frozen. I usually buy in bulk and cook with onions and garlic, drain very thoroughly, and then freeze it in about smaller increments (usually 3/4- 1 lb). It can be used in just about anything except of course hamburger patties or meatloaf. We eat a lot of tacos, spaghetti sauce, lasagna, Hamburger Helper, etc.

There are heavy deviations in meat & produce pricing between markets. You can see your local store's price on Sam's Club website, without logging in. Costco will be similar.

Also, check your local grocery stores' circulars. Most grocery stores rotate various cuts of meat each week that are offered as loss leaders (in other words, products they're selling below their cost to get you into their store and buy higher margin goods). This will be a better price that what you can get at Costco or Sam's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!