Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if there will be something in the middle of the ride two where you go slow (e.g., 7DMT) or even stop before another launch (e.g., EE or Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars) where there are show scenes as well

Here is the prototype test for the Vekoma system earlier this year. The ride system is able to transition from a seated position to flying to seated at different points in the ride. The cars are also pulled on the track by the overhead motor which would allow for a dark ride section. Don't know if this is what they have planned but would possibly be a great ride as long as UO doesn't use this type of technology with its DC replacement.

A tall coaster would be nice as Epcot seriously needs something in the same vien as Everest. Test track just doesn't do that
Couldn't agree more.

I do love that disney is family friendly, and most of the rides / attractions appeal to most ages / people. But I get rather annoyed when people insist that everything new has to be tame and family friendly. Thats like 95% of the parks already, what Disney needs is some more thrill type rides, there are rather few.

Couldn't agree more.

I do love that disney is family friendly, and most of the rides / attractions appeal to most ages / people. But I get rather annoyed when people insist that everything new has to be tame and family friendly. Thats like 95% of the parks already, what Disney needs is some more thrill type rides, there are rather few.

I'm not opposed to more thrill rides and I am excited for this - but it is replacing a ride that everyone could go on for one that isn't

In EPCOT you will have height restrictions on:
- soarin
- test Track
- Mission Space
- This ride

Everyone can ride:
- Nemo
- Turtle Talk
- Living with the Land
- Gran Fiesta
- Froway
- Imagination
- (presumably) Ratatouille

As someone with little kids one thing I disliked about DCA was how much we had to do rider swap and then there was Bugs Land with little kid rides

Again, I am all for this ride, but don't want the pendulum to swing too far the other way either

Here is the prototype test for the Vekoma system earlier this year. The ride system is able to transition from a seated position to flying to seated at different points in the ride. The cars are also pulled on the track by the overhead motor which would allow for a dark ride section. Don't know if this is what they have planned but would possibly be a great ride as long as UO doesn't use this type of technology with its DC replacement.

vekoma already has a launched flying coaster in phantasialand in germany so its not a new ride system because it will already exist

vekoma already has a launched flying coaster in phantasialand in germany so its not a new ride system because it will already exist

Doesn't it have seats that rotate from sitting to lying down? I thought that is what was unique with this one

Doesn't it have seats that rotate from sitting to lying down? I thought that is what was unique with this one
all flying coaster rotate from sitting to flying plus i prefer the b and m model becuase i have been on one of the flying dutchmens and the capacity is bad and the restrains are not the best

all flying coaster rotate from sitting to flying plus i prefer the b and m model becuase i have been on one of the flying dutchmens and the capacity is bad and the restrains are not the best

Ok, maybe I didn't understand what was meant by "flying" ... well, then hopefully what disney does is even more than this

It's still a different style than the current Vekoma flyers though. As seen in the video they can go from a sitting position traveling sideways to a flying position. So loading would liekly be quicker and easier with this style as well.

i also heard spinning coaster which is by mack wich disney is also working with and is a better company than vekoma even though vekoma has improved and is no longer togo or pintfari levels with the boomerangs and slcs

definitely - you can do coasters that never get really that high.

The Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland, for example, never gets that high - the actual mountain is only 88 feet tall. But it has 2 lift hills (after one of which you go backwards down it so you don't even have that "crest point") and then a launch, so it is still 3,600 ft long and has a duration over 3 minutes
Just to add to what Phil said above, one only need to look at DCA and the California Screamin' attraction for a horizontal launch system.
Both of these look awesome! I had never heard of the Grizzly Mountain ride before.

i also heard spinning coaster which is by mack wich disney is also working with and is a better company than vekoma even though vekoma has improved and is no longer togo or pintfari levels with the boomerangs and slcs
Disney works with several different companies for their coasters.

Vekoma has done the following for Disney...

Space Mountain in Paris and Hong Kong
Everest
Big Grizzly Mountain in HK
Tron
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Barnstormer
Casey Jr.
Rockin Rollercoaster

Last edited:
Vekoma has done the following for Disney...

Space Mountain in Paris and Hong Kong
Everest
Big Grizzly Mountain in HK
Tron
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Barnstormer
Casey Jr.
I thought Vekoma also did rock n roller coaster?

The phantasialand is not part dark ride. Plus, the video is a very raw prototype that was shot this year. the phantasialand coaster is already past this point.

The phantasialand is not part dark ride. Plus, the video is a very raw prototype that was shot this year. the phantasialand coaster is already past this point.
also i looked up and phantasialand has worked with vekoma allot and their disney level in terms of teeming so maybe disney is looking to see how successful the phantasialand flying coaster is before using the vekoma model and hopefuly maybe Disney gets a coaster similar to taron and black mamba because taron look familiy friendly and b and ms people of all ages ride those pretty well if their tall enough

I'm not opposed to more thrill rides and I am excited for this - but it is replacing a ride that everyone could go on for one that isn't

In EPCOT you will have height restrictions on:
- soarin
- test Track
- Mission Space
- This ride

Everyone can ride:
- Nemo
- Turtle Talk
- Living with the Land
- Gran Fiesta
- Froway
- Imagination
- (presumably) Ratatouille

As someone with little kids one thing I disliked about DCA was how much we had to do rider swap and then there was Bugs Land with little kid rides

Again, I am all for this ride, but don't want the pendulum to swing too far the other way either

Height restrictions do NOT a thrill ride make.

Orange Mission space is the only one on that list that I think qualifies. Maybe Test Track as well, but thats a soft thrill ride at best.

I am a parent as well, but I am also someone who likes thrill rides. I have also watched many of my friends and their families "age out" of Disney in favour of Universal because their teenage kids think the rides at Disney are too lame. There is no reason Disney couldn't do a better job of providing more Thrill rides. They have both the money and the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts