Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not both campaigns?
EXACTLY! I see no reason they can’t pump this new attraction now through next Fall- especially as people will be spread out in the timing in which they feel safe returning to the parks over the next year. It will get new energy each time one of the dining options opens as well (aren’t they supposed to be doing a QS & TS Creperie?)

Why not both campaigns?

Because you can only have a grand opening once. I guess it can also be a question of when they anticipate Tron and Cosmic Rewind being ready, both of which will be even bigger draws. But I can see them wanting to have something new to open for Spring/summer.

Well then I guess I am stupid. I intend to go to Epcot and enjoy what they do have open. We are looking forward to taking a slow day around Epcot. When new attractions open, if I get to see them great. If not, I still has a great time.

We went to Epcot 3 out of our 10 days earlier this month, two of them mid-week. The mid-week days were so much more enjoyable because of the low crowds. We went one Saturday because of the longer hours and the crowds in WS were awful. Sure more booths were open, but the lines for them were crazy.

Just got back. The only things we saw shut off were water effects on Splash Mountain and Kali. Bugs Life, Soarin, etc. had all of their mists and smells on.

Agree - smells/scents are currently active in rides. The rum and other smells were being used in pirates on our recent trip last month.

I would like to start planning a trip to WDW Fall 2021. I have seen speculation that GotG opening will be delayed until Spring 2022. Does anyone have info if it will certainly be delayed or if the plan is still that it be open in time for the anniversary?

I think as of right now they are still aiming to open for the anniversary in 2021, but in COVID times that is subject to change at any time. I'd say they are likely to open next year as long as there are no major construction delays (either due to materials, labor, or anything else), AND there is not another major outbreak of COVID that causes the park to tighten up restrictions again or close.

I would like to start planning a trip to WDW Fall 2021. I have seen speculation that GotG opening will be delayed until Spring 2022. Does anyone have info if it will certainly be delayed or if the plan is still that it be open in time for the anniversary?
Obviously Disney hasn’t said anything. Certainly there have been delays. I think a 2021 opening is still targeted. Disney originally was targeting spring 2021.

I would guess it ready to go practically and they will just delay the opening until they "need" it? (Until thing are getting closer to normal and they need to draw more guests there)? So probably not until Spring or Summer? "Opening in 2021 .. gives them a lot of wiggle room. :)

Though .. I could see them opening it up sooner than later in 2021 simply to help draw crowds to Epcot and away from MK and DHS.

Unless crowds are much higher in the spring, I would guess summer 2021.
That would still give them at least 6 months+ before they open GoTG. I can't imagine they want to open 2 new rides in the same park too close together.

When did they put a date on it? I've only seem coming 2021.
We are planning to be there in April, so I hope the March date is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter