Guests Stuck on Monorail When Doors Fail to Open

I admit to knowing nothing about monorail operation. Do the CMs have to open the doors? I thought it was an automatic thing.
I believe it is not an automatic thing but as noted the CMs didn’t seem to do much about it. The cab has cameras in which they can see what’s happening and CMs on the platform should’ve been doing something about it. Then a guest was prompted to post the story on Instagram instead of calling Disney. There is a major CM issue here.

Last edited:

I believe it is not an automatic thing but as noted the CMs didn’t seem to do much about it. The cab has cameras in which they can see what’s happening and CMs on the platform should’ve been doing something about it. Then a guest was prompted to post the story on Instagram instead of calling Disney. There is a major CM issue here.
Supposedly they attempted to use the emergency phone in the Monorail and there was no response from it. So it was more than just the Cast not paying attention at the multiple stations.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

Shut the existing Monorails DOWN, before someone gets seriously hurt :(. They fail on a regular basis anyway - and WDW has a fairly solid "Bus Backup Plan".
So far this year? We've had doors not closing, doors not opening. How long before a door closes with force on a guest?
I have to believe that if the monorails were truly unsafe Disney would stop using them. They would have a major risk and possible lawsuits if they were unsafe for guests.

Supposedly they attempted to use the emergency phone in the Monorail and there was no response from it. So it was more than just the Cast not paying attention at the multiple stations.
Yeah this seems to have more of a CM issue than the monorail itself. CMs should’ve responded to the calls and ones at the stations should noticed and done something.

I have to believe that if the monorails were truly unsafe Disney would stop using them. They would have a major risk and possible lawsuits if they were unsafe for guests.
I used to think this about Disney. But the unbridled greed I have seen from them recently has me less trusting of them not taking chances.

I'm still confused how this was a CM error? I get that they didn't respond well, but unless the CMs are responsible for opening the doors, the issue began with an equipment failure.

I used to think this about Disney. But the unbridled greed I have seen from them recently has me less trusting of them not taking chances.

I'm still confused how this was a CM error? I get that they didn't respond well, but unless the CMs are responsible for opening the doors, the issue began with an equipment failure.
The CMs can control when a door opens and when it doesn’t. There was error in a few areas. 1. CMs on the platforms not noticing/stopping the train to fix it. 2. No response from in cabin calls on emergency phone. 3. A resort CM telling a guest to post the story on social media.

Not saying this is true or not, not a source I rely on, but some details make interesting conversation ....

So if it is true, and trains have not been ordered yet from anyone .... what would the plan be? especially for the 50th. I know they don't fix or build things fast .... but they are super fast at demolitions. ;)

https://wdwnt.com/2018/11/rumor-wal...-bombardier-despite-mounting-safety-concerns/
Even if trains were already ordered it’s nearly impossible that they would be ready before 2021. Bombardier is not good at quick projects. They are even worse than Disney when it comes to long projects/delays.

I bet people would...

Monorail resorts have that title because of the monorail.
Well, plenty of people here would. But we're not the norm.
Even if trains were already ordered it’s nearly impossible that they would be ready before 2021. Bombardier is not good at quick projects. They are even worse than Disney when it comes to long projects/delays.
Then all the more reason to get going on this sooner rather than later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter