• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**** H E L P ***

orlandovirgin

Earning My Ears
:bounce: HELP :bounce:

Can anyone help me ... I have never been to Orlando (or the US) before, I have just booked a holiday (Package) to the RPR for August next year.

I would appreciate any help anyone could offer with regards to the resort and getting the most from it as well as any information woth regards to disabled parking around the resort

Thanx ........ Ste (UK)

Hello there. You will find great help on these boards. Can you be more specific with questions? As far as disabled parking, it is available at all the resorts. However, depending on if anyone in your party can walk far or not, you may want to consider valet parking. The charge for that is $12 a day.

As for the RPR, you will love that resort. My family just got back last week and we wish we were still there. It is a wonderful resort and it's great for families. Enjoy your trip!

Hope that helps.

:jester:

Thanks for that ... It is one of those holidays that I have been promising myself and the family for years. I am worse than my kids ... i have lookd forward to going for so long and here is so much that I want to do ... Just dont know where to start.

Am considering booking the four park flex ticket as will be at the resport for 14 nights ... not sure if I should do Disney or leave it until the next time

Ste

:Pinkbounc

Congratulations! I can relate. I seem to be the one that always gets so excited about going to Orlando - months in advance. My child gets excited when we get there!

I've not done Universal but have been to WDW twice. If you're going to be there that long - I'd go to WDW as well. (going to US in October for Halloween nights. My son will be turning 13 shortly thereafter. Thought we'd enjoy his birthday with a big event.

There are several guide books on WDW and US. It's well worth the money and time spent to read and highlight your areas of interest. I also cut out the park maps and lamenate them to carry in my pocket so I know what I want to do and what we could skip. (worked out great last two times!) You may want to check several sources before you finalize your vacation as there's a lot of money to be saved out there.

I'm telling you - Orlando seems to be a science in itself these days. But what an awesome class!

Have fun planning for your big event!

You don't say the ages of those in the family. That might be helpful to know. If you are going to be there 14 days I would definitely do WDW!! There is so much to do and see you will have a fantantic time!!! Check the Disney boards for info.......get a good book on disney to maximize your trip. I just booked for the first week of August 2004.

Hi last year we went to Orlando for first time as well didnt stay onsite and we didnt have a car we did have the 5 park flex ticket and 10 day world disney ticket i felt that it was too much too do in 2 weeks which is why next march we are staying onsite at RPR as well we are getting 5 park flex again but we are saving disney till next visit when we will stay onsite there u will love sea world and all universal theres plenty to do we didnt get chance to do BG last year due to fact we wanted time to chill by pool and DW wanted shopping but the biggest tip I can tell u is pack very light as we had to buy a new case last year and pay $400 weight allowance and even paying the allowance we still saved a lot by buying in the US :D

I would definitely go to Disney. However, I have to warn you. After using the express access, you will be spoiled and not want to wait in line at Disney. You will have a wonderful trip. Make sure to keep checking back here for tips, ask questions, and it will all be great. If we can help, just post away.

Have a wonderful trip!

If you plan to go to the parks at Universal, you might consider an annual pass ticket. Having an annual pass will allow you to slow down the pace of your trip. Instead of trying to get your money's worth each day at the park, you can pop into a park for a couple of rides and then leave if you chose. Last year we bought them for the whole family from the local AAA club. They cost us 99.00 each, I think they are more now, but since a 2 day is about 89.00 dollars it was well worth it for us. Are you a member of any clubs like AAA? Also join the Loew's first club on their site. You'll get some extra perks like free morning paper at the door, free access to the fitness center and a gift at arrival (fruit basket, wine or my kids favorite, milk and cookies delivered to the room. Best of all membership is free.

Originally posted by orlandovirgin
I have just booked a holiday (Package) to the RPR for August next year. I would appreciate any help anyone could offer with regards to the resort and getting the most from it as well as any information with regards to disabled parking around the resort
Remember that in USA you need a handicap placard to park in handicap spaces - dont know how that relates to UK.

Rental Cars in Orlando are no help in this matter.

Florida, like most states, is very pro-active in thsi matter.
Plentiful handicap parking evberywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter