Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

:woohoo: for more time in EPCOT!!!

In fact, looks like we probably crossed paths briefly that day- we were at MK in the morning and took the monorail over in the early afternoon for lunch at the Food & Wine booths.

More super-cute family photopass pictures.

Love the pictures from Art of Disney, especially the one with Haunted Mansion, the castle and the carved pumpkins. That would make a great gift for a gal with a Disney obsession and a Halloween b'day. :scratchin

Yay for rides on Soarin' and Living with the Land!

:dogdance:

:wave2: I was reading through your TR this morning and I really love the fireworks & parade photos. They came out great!

Hi! :wave2:Thank you so much!

:woohoo: for more time in EPCOT!!!

In fact, looks like we probably crossed paths briefly that day- we were at MK in the morning and took the monorail over in the early afternoon for lunch at the Food & Wine booths.

More super-cute family photopass pictures.

Love the pictures from Art of Disney, especially the one with Haunted Mansion, the castle and the carved pumpkins. That would make a great gift for a gal with a Disney obsession and a Halloween b'day. :scratchin

Yay for rides on Soarin' and Living with the Land!

:dogdance:

It was so nice having extra time at Epcot!

No way!! Bummed that I didn't see you!

Thanks!

It was hard walking out of that store without buying anything! Hahaha noted ;) ;)

It was a great morning!

9:30 is pretty late for us hardcore Disney fans! :rotfl2:

It looks like it was a beautiful morning for you guys, lots of clear blue skies in your pictures.

That artwork looked really nice!

9:30 is pretty late for us hardcore Disney fans! :rotfl2:

It looks like it was a beautiful morning for you guys, lots of clear blue skies in your pictures.

That artwork looked really nice!

Right?? :rotfl: When you're used to doing rope drop, it feels different! It is funny though that our "sleeping in" mornings still resulted in us leaving the room at a decent time anyway!

It really was such a great day weather wise!

It was all so tempting to buy!

Day 7, October 27, 2017 - Food & Wine time!

Our next FP was scheduled for Journey into Imagination. The line was really backed up and we realized the ride had gone down so decided to bail and try again later. (This ended up being a good thing...oOoO foreshadowing!)

It was after 12 at this point so it was time for some Food & Wine snacks!

Our first stop was Coastal Eats where we got one of each of the plates: Seared Scallops, Crab Cake, and Shrimp Scampi. We also tried the Kurt Russel Chardonnay from Earth Eats. We loved all the dishes! I think the scallops ended up being our favorite. The wine was one of the most expensive of the festival ($10 for that small glass), but it was really tasty.

We also found another Remy for our mission!

We stopped for some PP pics before heading into World Showcase.

This time we stopped for some alcoholic treats. My mom got the dole whip with rum which she loved. I also tried it and approved ;) While I treated myself to a wine slushie- so refreshing!

We ventured on to Canada where I had to have another F&W fave- Cheddar Cheese Soup!

We also spent some time exploring since I always seem to breeze by Canada. Such a pretty pavillion!

Up next...We spend some time in France!

Should not have read that right before lunch! :rotfl:

I'm really excited to see the menus for this year. That scallop dish looks yummy and so does your wine slushy. Oh, and I really want a piece of the pretzel bread but don't like the soup. Maybe I can get it and get someone else in our group to eat the soup. :P

I'm also excited to try the Remy scavenger hunt since I liked both the Easter Egg one and the Figment one.

41833605841_06ae7cfc94_z.jpg

Oh my goodness, yum! This all looks so good.

We also spent some time exploring since I always seem to breeze by Canada. Such a pretty pavillion!

It IS a pretty pavillion! (It made for lovely wedding pictures, if I do say so myself.) Makes me proud to be from Canada when we go and walk around in such a pretty pavillion! :goodvibes I'd love to go see the gardens this area is actually based on someday, but we live farther from them than we do from Disney World, so it'll take some planning.

I have always wanted to try the cheese soup in Canada, it sure looks yummy!

The wine slushee looks good, where was that at?

Glad the food you guys picked was a hit.
10 dollars for a glass of wine?! Holy moly...I would hope it tasted good. :rotfl2:

The Canada pavilion looked very beautiful that day. The perfect place to stop and explore for a bit.

I'm like your mom, the Dole Whip with rum wins out with me every time. :laughing:

Should not have read that right before lunch! :rotfl:

I'm really excited to see the menus for this year. That scallop dish looks yummy and so does your wine slushy. Oh, and I really want a piece of the pretzel bread but don't like the soup. Maybe I can get it and get someone else in our group to eat the soup. :P

I'm also excited to try the Remy scavenger hunt since I liked both the Easter Egg one and the Figment one.

Hahaha I hear ya, Disney food sounds pretty good right about now!

I'm sure there will be lots of great stuff this year! The cheddar cheese soup is so good, I'm sure you can pawn it off on someone ;)

I had so much fun doing the Remy hunt! You will definitely enjoy it!

Those PP pics are so cute! And all of that food sounds soooo yummy. :)

Thank you! Ugh the food was sooo good!

Oh my goodness, yum! This all looks so good.

It IS a pretty pavillion! (It made for lovely wedding pictures, if I do say so myself.) Makes me proud to be from Canada when we go and walk around in such a pretty pavillion! :goodvibes I'd love to go see the gardens this area is actually based on someday, but we live farther from them than we do from Disney World, so it'll take some planning.

This had to have been our favorite booth, we liked every dish!

The Canada pavillion did make me think of you! I hope you get to visit the real gardens some day!

I have always wanted to try the cheese soup in Canada, it sure looks yummy!

The wine slushee looks good, where was that at?

It's delicious!

The wine slushee was also very good, super refreshing! I believe it was at the New Zealand booth.

Glad the food you guys picked was a hit.
10 dollars for a glass of wine?! Holy moly...I would hope it tasted good. :rotfl2:

The Canada pavilion looked very beautiful that day. The perfect place to stop and explore for a bit.

I'm like your mom, the Dole Whip with rum wins out with me every time. :laughing:

Everything was so delicious! That wine was so expensive! My mom did not like the price but she kept saying how much she wanted to try so I basically forced her to get it :rotfl: Only on vacation!

The weather was perfect this day, so it was a great opportunity to explore some pavillions more than we normally would.

She was a fan!! She always saying how she could go for another one of those!

All caught up on your TR and LOVING it! Halloween is my favorite time to go.

Thank you!! Halloween is the best time! :banana:

I am enjoying your trip report. We were there the exact same week! :)

Here was our schedule:
Saturday, October 21st - Arrival Day
Sunday, October 22nd - Epcot
Monday, October 23rd - Magic Kingdom
Tuesday, October 24th - MNSSHP & Be Our Guest Reservations
Wednesday, October 25th - Animal Kingdom
Thursday, October 26th - Disney’s Hollywood Studios/Animal Kingdom
Friday, October 27th - Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom/Epcot
Saturday, October 28th - Fly Home

I am enjoying your trip report. We were there the exact same week! :)

Here was our schedule:
Saturday, October 21st - Arrival Day
Sunday, October 22nd - Epcot
Monday, October 23rd - Magic Kingdom
Tuesday, October 24th - MNSSHP & Be Our Guest Reservations
Wednesday, October 25th - Animal Kingdom
Thursday, October 26th - Disney’s Hollywood Studios/Animal Kingdom
Friday, October 27th - Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom/Epcot
Saturday, October 28th - Fly Home

Thank you! How funny we were there the same time! Even funnier that it seems our schedules never lined up, so I guess we never saw each other in passing!

Day 7, October 27, 2017 - Bonjour! Bonjour!

We continued on and walked through the UK and then made our way to France!

We stopped here and got the creme brulee. I think this was mostly for my mom and she enjoyed it!

And of course had to get some PP in front of the fountain.

I've always wanted to stop in the ice cream shop in France so that's what we did next! I got the macaroon sandwich and we also got a cone of some sort of caramel apple pie ice cream. Both were very delicious! The ice cream here is SUPER rich!

Up next...We continue our walk around World Showcase

Remy is so cute in the magic shots, you really got some nice pictures on your way to France, it didn’t even look to busy. That area is usually very hectic and crowded.

I have always wanted to try the macaroon ice cream sandwich, it looks yummy!

Thank you! How funny we were there the same time! Even funnier that it seems our schedules never lined up, so I guess we never saw each other in passing!

I thought that was pretty funny too!

Where did you get your Halloween shirts? They are super cute! We will be going back again in October and I think it would be fun to have Halloween shirts even though we won't be attending MNSSHP.

We ventured on to Canada where I had to have another F&W fave- Cheddar Cheese Soup!

I need to try this!!!

And we need to explore this pavilion better. We always seem to go left to right and by the time we get here we are tired!

This is one of my favorite snacks! soft and cold so yummy.

The ice cream in France is so good but definitely rich! You've gotta really be craving something sweet to get anything from there.

Such a cute magic shot with Remy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter