Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I'm intrigued as to where Colton came from. Also, if Jacob does enter the farmhouse, what backstory does he tell everyone (especially the police) as to where he's been?

Now we have to wait until 2025 for find out.

Still, I was pleasantly surprised that the episode was mostly positive. Usually, with a season finale, there's some negative plot twist.

I'm so sorry -- I hope you can figure out a way to see it because it is well worth it :hug:

It was recorded right after all. :woohoo: I skipped to the very last minute of the recording and it was showing the credits, then was starting a rerun of another movie. Whew!

Not sure when I will get around to binge watching the rest of the season. I have become obsessed with watching a genre of YouTube videos called international SILENT vlogs. the first one was a YouTube recommendation. I watched it and fell in love with this style of videos.

In American YouTube videos, there of course, is the "star" of the video. She makes sure we know who she is because she starts the video, front and center with a closeup of herself and then chatters away for a full 2+ minutes before even showing anything like cooking or cleaning. Then she will often chatter away endlessly throughout the video, as though she's afraid to stop speaking, lest we lose interest during a pause. I often feel less energized and enthused after watching a few of these because my brain has to process so much wordiness. :headache:

In these silent vlogs, they just show a beautiful, sweet, vignette of a slice of life. We see a scene from a side view, and we almost NEVER see the person facing forward, just from a side or from the back. I wouldn't recognize any of them in real life, even though I've watched several videos by the same vlogger. It's because THEY aren't the stars. Instead, it's about creating a mood while making fresh baked bread for breakfast, then sitting down to savor breakfast after lighting a candle. Or later, loving resetting home for the upcoming week that are the "stars" (or main subjects) of the video.

They often set up these scenes with a lot of sensory and visual imagery in their home or around town. One lives in the English countryside. Another in Scotland, a third in Ireland. Some of my favorites are up in Norway and Finland, as they had to bunker down for the winter and be really intentional about creating a home that is cozy and inviting while having to staying indoors during their harsh winters. They really set off my nesting instincts as I'm remodeling my apartment. 🥰

Since the videos are silent, (they often do have some nice soothing music,) or you can hear the fresh baked, crusty bread being cut, they use closed captioning/subtitles to communicate with us instead. At first, I thought it was because the videos are international. The first one I watched was over in Norway, and I thought she asked us to turn on the closed captioning (CC) because she spoke Norwegian.

But, this is just the style of these vlogs. There is no vocal dialogue at all. We read along. AND due to the magic of combining Google Translate into making their YouTube videos, they are able to auto-translate any video into 32 different languages for people to read along. Knowing they are using closed captions makes these vloggers automatically CONCISE with their words instead of endlessly chattering. There is actually very little reading along. Just a couple sentences here and there. The reading makes one slow down and focus.

These vlogs are even tagged #slowliving and they really kind of remind me of the type of slower paced life with attention to the cozy details that Hallmark movies are about. When the fastpaced, city woman comes back to her small hometown and is forced to slow down instead of microwaving a meal. Then she starts doing those slower paced actions like making fresh baked cookies and loving the experience. 🥰

New Mystery for Friday.

But first, a few Hallmark changes:

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has undergone a name change. It is now simply Hallmark Mystery. :teleport:

(I'm not sure this is going to work very well. I seem to vaguely remember it being called Hallmark Mysteries when the channel first started. But, then there weren't enough mysteries, so they added the "Movies" part to it. :confused3 )

Hallmark Drama is now called Hallmark Family. :teleport:

There is a new Hannah Swensen Mystery. But, there's no more Mike, (Cameron Mathison.) 😢 Cameron has been doing projects for Great American Family. But he did do the last Hannah Swensen movie. So, there doesn't seem to be any exclusivity. So I don't get it. Maybe he just can't swing it as he's also on General Hospital too.

Replacing Mike as Hannah's new love interest is a new character being introduced. He's played by Victor Webster, who did the third Wedding Veil Trilogy movie with Alison Sweeney.

On to the movie:

One Bad Apple: A Hannah Swensen Mystery is on Hallmark Mystery at 9pm ET/PT.

Re-airs:
  • Sunday April 7 7/6c
  • Wednesday April 10 7/6c
  • Saturday April 13 9/8c
  • Sunday May 5 9/8c
Starring: Alison Sweeney, Victor Webster and Barbara Niven.
Description: Hannah has been asked to teach a baking class at the college in town, but her equipment is tampered with causing an explosion that the fire department rules an accident. Soon, a colleague ends up dead and Hannah begins to put together the puzzle of the mysterious circumstances surrounding the murder while being on the list of suspects herself. Hannah leans on her friends and family to collect the breadcrumbs of foul play and put them together, and meets a different side of law and order when she crosses paths with Lake Eden’s by-the book prosecuting attorney Chad Norton (Victor Webster).

The Hannah Swensen mystery movies are based off books written by Joanne Fluke. One Bad Apple: A Hannah Swensen Mystery is based off the book, Apple Turnover Murder by Joanne Fluke.

New movie for Saturday!

Blind Date Book Club
on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET/PT.

Re-airs:
Sunday April 7 7/6c
Thursday April 11 9/8c
Saturday April 20 10/9c
Wednesday May 1 9/8c
Monday May 13 3/2c
Sunday May 26 7/6c

Starring: Erin Krakow and Robert Buckley.
Description: A bookstore owner finds love and direction in life after agreeing to review a famous author’s new novel in her blind-date-with-a-book club.

Reminder for Sunday night:

It's the Season 11 premiere of When Calls the Heart on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

Two thumbs up for this one! It's from the same writer (Nicole Baxter) who wrote "A Pinch of Portugal" and "Aloha Heart". I also thought Erin Krakow and Robert Buckley had great chemistry. One of the better "new" movies, imo.
I agree! 👍🏽👍🏽

This was so well done, I’m glad they went for quality 🥰🥰

Two thumbs up for this one! It's from the same writer (Nicole Baxter) who wrote "A Pinch of Portugal" and "Aloha Heart". I also thought Erin Krakow and Robert Buckley had great chemistry. One of the better "new" movies, imo.

I agree! 👍🏽👍🏽

This was so well done, I’m glad they went for quality 🥰🥰

Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsup2 This goes up to the top of my watch list. :coffee:

New movie for Saturday!

Legend of the Lost Locket
on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET/PT.

Re-airs:
Sunday April 14 7/6c
Thursday April 18 9/8c
Saturday April 27 10/9c
Monday May 13 1/12c

Starring: Natasha Burnett and Viv Leacock.
Description: When an antiques expert takes on a quest to find a long-lost locket that promises to bring the wearer true love, she finds herself in conflict with, but also attracted to, the town sheriff.

Natasha and Viv as their counterparts in When Comes the Heart as Minnie & Joseph Canfield. :teleport: 🥰

Sunday night:

When Calls the Heart, Season 11, episode 2 on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

No new movie on Hallmark Mystery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter