Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Did anyone order the Hallmark wine?

I almost did but really the shipping warned me away and I didn't want to get the higher package that came with free shipping. I would have loved the theming and totally would have kept the bottle for some craft I could come up with but just couldn't fork over the cash for it. But I did wonder if anyone had gotten it and if so how it ended up tasting both red and white.

I found that site probably about 4 or 5 years ago, it's amazing normally for keeping track of all the different specials and I've been able to get a head start on what movies will be shown (though titles are always up for changing names) a few months ahead.

I like it for the most part. It’s good for planning out watching my Christmas movies. I’ll watch more this year.

I've seen them all but these were my favorites from the list...
My #1- #18 The Christmas Card....I think it was the first one I ever watched and still love it when it comes on.
#2- #16 December Bride
#3- #14 Mistletoe Promise
#4- #4 Christmas Ornament

Some of the movies I agree with. Some, I think made it onto the list due to the major stars or the location in them
I think you're right about the location and stars involved.

Candace Cameron-Bure is not my favorite actor. I only watch her movies once.
Me too....although I do like the one where she's a twin, which is weird since there is 2 of her. :laughing:

I do tend to find Ion Christmas movies to be pretty blah, and Up Christmas movies to be pretty blah too but not as bad as Ion.
Me too. UP was one channel away from my Hallmark channels and sometimes I would start watching an UP movie on accident and think it wasn't so great before I realized what channel I was on.

Last year, Hallmark had a movie checklist app. You can choose what movies you were interested in and what you had already seen and then you could add the movie times to your phone calender. :thumbsup2 It was awesome until it stopped working for me unexpectedly right around the beginning of December.

I'm so disappointed. :laughing: I could've swore I've seen it for 3 months. Maybe it was a special and I missed it. :confused3 What a bummer....but I'll probably still pay for it, though. LoL I'm doing the free 7 day trial right now. They do have an on demand feature so I'm going to watch the new movies from the weekend tonight.

And I have a mug my boss gave me for Christmas. :laughing:
View attachment 534733

It probably was a special to get the word out about them and get their viewers numbers up. Let us know how the service is. :)

I like the straight-sided mug much better. :thumbsup2

Me too. UP was one channel away from my Hallmark channels and sometimes I would start watching an UP movie on accident and think it wasn't so great before I realized what channel I was on.

Last year, Hallmark had a movie checklist app. You can choose what movies you were interested in and what you had already seen and then you could add the movie times to your phone calender. :thumbsup2 It was awesome until it stopped working for me unexpectedly right around the beginning of December.
I vaguely remember them promoting that app last year but that's crummy that it just stopped working for you, I use Google Calendar mainly because I have so much on it from all my other activities and recordings. I actually use IMDb to keep track of my ratings themselves and I've created a LOT of lists (probably too many really) on there to keep track of movies and what channel or streaming service or even if the library has it.

I wish that ION and UP had movies I liked better but I don't think they've gotten the formula down for them yet. I find only just a few movies here and there between both channels over the several years I've been watching them as opposed to many with Hallmark and now Lifetime since they've really joined the mix for Christmas movies.

I love this thread idea!! Thanks, @Imzadi, for starting it!

Last year I actually kept a list in a notebook and rated them. (It’s probably mixed channel-wise. I don’t necessarily lean toward one over the others.) I’m outside on my phone right now, but I’ll try to remember to come back and post a pic later.

A couple of my favorites over the years have been Borrowed Hearts and Christmas in Dollywood.

I have one (though not that one exactly)! - It’s white with red 3/4 sleeves, and the Christmas pickup truck that has become such a popular symbol lately. I’ll probably hold off wearing it until after Halloween, but you never know.

Impressive cast. Yes, do post Netflix recommendations. :thumbsup2 I get Netflix for about one month every year. Binge watch everything during that time. Even the Christmas movies. So we can use a good list, especially if most of the selections stay the same.

I follow Forest. He always does great movies.

Did anyone order the Hallmark wine?

I almost did but really the shipping warned me away and I didn't want to get the higher package that came with free shipping. I would have loved the theming and totally would have kept the bottle for some craft I could come up with but just couldn't fork over the cash for it. But I did wonder if anyone had gotten it and if so how it ended up tasting both red and white.
We got a 12 pack of the wine (6 white and 6 red). Just got delivered on Friday. They waited a long time to ship to Florida due to the heat. Haven’t tried it yet. We’re going to crack open a bottle of each on a Thanksgiving. I’ll report back lol.

Enjoyed Jingle Bell Bride this weekend. Haven’t watched the other 3 premiers but we DVR’ed them all so we‘ll watch them this week.

Okay I just checked this, haven't watched them yet, but mine are automatically recording at 2 hours and 6 mins or 2 hours and 7 minutes and I didn't adjust my DVR.. Typically my DVR automatically records 3 mins extra (usually a minute or so of the previous show/program and a minute or so of the existing program) which means an hour program will actually be 1 hours and 3 mins on average so I rarely have cut offs unless it's previews for the next episode. I should watch a Lifetime Christmas movie really soon just to be sure though.

I can't let my Spectrum DVR do that. My Spectrum Cable system only allows recording 2 different channels at the same time. And one of them you have to be watching at the same time. :headache: You can't be recording two things and watching a third show live.

So, say I'm watching ABC from 9-11pm in real time, not taping that channel. And I'm currently taping a Lifetime movie and have the DVR to record an extra minute to 10:01. I also have the DVR set to record NBC starting at 10pm.

Right at 10 pm, the cable box will switch me over from watching ABC to one of the 2 channels I am recording. Most likely NBC, since I NEED to be watching one of the two stations live. :badpc: Since it's only for a minute, I can switch back to ABC when the Lifetime Movie finishes and I now have a free channel. Yet, there is also no way to rewind ABC to see what I missed. As soon as the DVR/cable box switched over to the second show, the feed to ABC was lost.

It's very annoying, in the least. And darn frustrating / infuriating if I was watching a game, or a mystery where the murder occurs right at that moment. Worse, if I happen to be watching the end of a live show that is running over time by a few minutes, due to being live and I miss the end of that show. And again, I can't rewind to see the ending again. I can swear a LOT during that one minute! :furious: :lmao:

So, on Spectrum, one always has to be careful when recording an extra minute or two at the end of a show/movie, that there won't be a recording and watching conflict. :headache:

The ONLY way around this, (that I know of,) is to be recording 2 channels and watching a third show pre-recorded at the same time. Then one can record 2 things and watch a third.

Hope that all makes sense. :upsidedow

Last edited:

They do a have calendar schedule photo up of the new Hallmark Channel movies on their web page. I posted it in the OP where it says:

See calender of all the movies HERE.

If clicking on the word doesn't work, direct link:
https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas/movie-guide-countdown-to-christmas-2020

From there, one can click on the tab at the top of the Hallmark Page for Hallmark Channel and see a blurb on the individual upcoming movies.

Direct link:
https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/?glbnav=hallmarkchannel

Also here is the photo of the schedule:

There does appear to be a (new?) checklist app. ⬆⬆⬆
It's listed at the bottom of the photo.

Last edited:
Here is the calendar schedule photo for The Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel.

Also posted it in the OP where it says:
See calender of all the movies HERE.

If clicking on the word doesn't work, direct link:
https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmyster...istmas/movie-guide-miracles-of-christmas-2020

From there, one can click on the tab at the top of the Hallmark Page for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel and see a blurb on the individual upcoming movies.

Direct link:
https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/?glbnav=hallmarkmovies

Also here is the photo:

I can't let my Spectrum DVR do that. My Spectrum Cable system only allows recording 2 different channels at the same time. And one of them you have to be watching at the same time. :headache: You can't be recording two things and watching a third show live.

So, say I'm watching ABC from 9-11pm in real time, not taping that channel. And I'm currently taping a Lifetime movie and have the DVR to record an extra minute to 10:01. I also have the DVR set to record NBC starting at 10pm.

Right at 10 pm, the cable box will switch me over from watching ABC to one of the 2 channels I am recording. Most likely NBC, since I NEED to be watching one of the two stations live. :badpc: Since it's only for a minute, I can switch back to ABC when the Lifetime Movie finishes and I now have a free channel. Yet, there is also no way to rewind ABC to see what I missed. As soon as the DVR/cable box switched over to the second show, the feed to ABC was lost.

It's very annoying, in the least. And darn frustrating/infuriating if I was watching a game, or a mystery where the murder occurs right at that moment. Worse, if I happen to be watching the end of a live show that is running over time by a few minutes, due to being live and I miss the end of that show. And again, I can't rewind to see the ending again. I can swear a LOT during that one minute! :furious: :lmao:

So, on Spectrum, one always has to be careful when recording an extra minute or two at the end of a show/movie, that there won't be a recording and watching conflict. :headache:

The ONLY way around this, (that I know of,) is to be recording 2 channels and watching a third show pre-recorded at the same time. Then one can record 2 things and watch a third.

Hoe that all makes sense. :upsidedow
It does make sense :) It also sounds super frustrating and needlessly confusing :(

I've got U-Verse. It's not perfect by any means (and sadly it's being fazed out anyways over time) but lordy it seems to be way better than Spectrum. All the companies get complaints around here (and Spectrum is a company around here) but that's normal stuff.

That's different than how it functions itself like the recordings. U-Verse it's either 4 or 5 shows at one time can be recorded and like I said it automatically does the 3mins thing. I can set it to record 5mins,15mins,30mins, etc more though if need be.

Around this time of year I start to have more recording conflicts but thankfully these Christmas movies typically have multiple showtimes, like last night I couldn't record a Lifetime movie at its normal slot but I was able to schedule it for 11pm. That was because Sundays I have multiple shows already recording.

My mom doesn't have a DVR box at all :oops: It's funny how so used to having the ability to DVR I've gotten.

Around this time of year I start to have more recording conflicts but thankfully these Christmas movies typically have multiple showtimes, like last night I couldn't record a Lifetime movie at its normal slot but I was able to schedule it for 11pm. That was because Sundays I have multiple shows already recording.

Yes, Sunday nites are always problematic, especially when ION starts premiering their new movies. Since they don't re-air during the week, I end up recording that movie and move recording one of the new Hallmark movies to a different day. The Lifetime movies I can usually record it later that night.

Thank you Imzadi for posting the list! Hallmark channel online does not have an easy way of looking at the week ahead because there's always an automatic clip of something playing when you choose a day. Much easier to see the list all at the same time. I didn't know it even was possible to record two different things at the same time? What I did last Friday for example is DVR-ed Sale of the Century on BuzzR from 4:30-5. Once that was over, I changed the channel to Lifetime, found the "guide" for that channel and was able to DVR "A Very Vintage Christmas." Even though I started late, it recorded mostly the entire movie save the last few minutes. That is a very handy thing to be able to do!

Last edited:
I have those socks.
Me too, and I always forget to wear them.

The list of the best that was posted, whole-heartedly agree with #1, and I would move #6 up higher, that's one of my faves.
Funny about #2 though, I just rewatched this yesterday and mentioned to my dd, that even though I don't like Candace in those movies, that one is the exception because it is really really good :-)
I love Lacey Chabert and Danica McKellar movies, they are my favorites, but I like quite a few more of the actresses also.

ETA I am watching one right now LOL, I work from home and have a TV on my desk :-)
I started paying for the streaming service, on Friday so I can watch till the New Year.

Last edited:
Me too....although I do like the one where she's a twin, which is weird since there is 2 of her. :laughing:

Probably my second favorite. And the one where she gets stuck with strangers driving to NYC because of a snowstorm. I'm sure all these films have names, but the 'CCB' movies all meld together after a while!

Funny about #2 though, I just rewatched this yesterday and mentioned to my dd, that even though I don't like Candace in those movies, that one is the exception because it is really really good

Yes, that is one of my favorites of Candace. I also don't tend to re-watch her other movies. . .

Me too....although I do like the one where she's a twin, which is weird since there is 2 of her.
Probably my second favorite.

. . . Except the one of her as the twins. :thumbsup2 And yes, it is weird since there are two of her. But, she does a great job being 2 people. I think that movie is well written. And the bearded guy, I think his name is Mark Deklin, has a really effervescent smile in that movie. It actually makes the second guy seem rather bland. :duck:

And the one where she gets stuck with strangers driving to NYC because of a snowstorm.

I can't stand that one. I think it's because she was too old to be that whiny and complaining and naive. Had they given it to a 25 year old, it would have been better cast in my opinion, and maybe have worked better.

I think that's why I like Candace in the twins movie better. :idea: She actually acted her age and the intelligence level & experience that goes with that age level, for both the different kinds of characters she played.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter