Halloween recipes...

ge0rgette2

DIS Veteran
I'm in the need of some halloween recipes for our first halloween party - was thinking of doing just nibble type food, anything on a toothpick ..

What do you think?

Any recipes?

I love to use my crockpots for parties. For my halloween parties, I usually make a big batch of chili, beef stew. It helps to have a lot of things that guests can just grab and you don't have to spend time cooking when they are there. I also make a good sized batch of sloppy joe's for the crockpot and have a basket of rolls to go with that one. Salads and then taste of home has some cute ideas for holiday goodies. I have made the white chocolate covered nutter butter cookies with mini choc chips for eyes, they look like ghosts and are really cute!

Check out the Taste of Home website because the magazines are filled with good recipes right now.

Here is a quick recipe that I found on allrecipes last year and it has been a hit evertime that I have made it.

pumpkin fluff

1-16 ounce container cool whip, thawed

1-5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix

1-15 ounce can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)

1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice

mix together and serve with graham cracker sticks or cinger snaps, or teddy grahams

I am diabetic so I have made it with the light cool whip or the sugar free and the sugar free instant pudding mix and it always tastes yummy.

I've served up the Pampered Chef hot broccoli dip and called it "snot dip":rotfl2: Serve with "pigs ears" (tortilla chips) or "corpse fingers" (strips of pita):thumbsup2

Here is a cookie recipe that I have been making forever! It is a ginger crinkle recipe that would be great with the pumpkin fluff. They freeze great in a zip loc bag too!

2/3 cup of canola oil
1 c. sugar
small bowl of sugar for rolling cookies in
1 egg
2 C. flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 TBS molasses
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp each, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger

In a large bowl, stir together with wooden spoon the oil and sugar. Add egg and mix well, Stir in molasses. In a medium bowl, stir dry ingredients together. Combine the dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir to mix well. Shape into 3/4 inch balls and roll into sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 3 inches apart. bake 8-10 minutes in a 350 oven. Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 3 1/2-4 dozen cookies.

I usually just mix the wet ingredients in the large bowl and then dump the dry ingredients in without using a second bowl.

Here is one of my go to recipes for parties, always a hit!

2-3 kielbasa's, sliced into slices, between 1/4 and not quite a half inch. You don't want them so thin that they cook too fast

1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup, ketchup
3-4 TBS of spicy brown mustard, such as guldens. Make sure you don't use dijon or you will ruin the recipe!
Mix everything together and cook on low for 4-5 hours in a crockpot.

Depending on how many people I am having, I will sometimes use a fourth kielbasa and there will be plenty of sauce for that!

Sloppy Joe's

ground beef, for dinner for my family, I use one pound and make it on the stove. When I make it for parties, I make it in the crockpot, cooking ground beef on the stove and then throwning everything in the slow cooker.
2-3 pounds of lean ground beef
ketchup, usually about a cup, depending on how much meat
chili powder, again it depends on amount of meat, I would say start with a TBS or so
splash of vinegar, I usually use red wine or cider for this recipe
chopped onion
a little brown sugar, usually about a TBS depending on amount of meat.

This was a recipe that I got at a birthday party way back when I was about 10 or 11...it was a sleepover and this is what the girl's mother made for dinner. I have been making them ever since...well over 30 years...LOL!

Serve with a big basket of rolls
cook for 4-6 hours on low

Mad Scientist Body Parts
(featured inside the book Eerie Elegance)

My repertoire of recipes has acquired more and more body parts over the years, and since my Mad Scientist display has also grown recently, I have begun to arrange all the edible body parts together as a mad scientist experiment in process, complete with microscopes, notebooks, periodic tables, and lab coat hanging on the wall waiting for the doctor to return. Not only does this enhance the mad scientist theme nicely, but it also frees space other tables for even more food, especially when guests bring their own revolting recipes! :)

The Eerie Eyeballs, Bizarre Brain, and Haunted Human Heart are featured separately in this list. The bleeding hands are made in the same way as the Haunted Human Heart, just using peach gelatin with evaporated milk as the flesh, with the same raspberry blood syrup in a baggie bladder inside. The green substance in the large jar is an assortment of Gummy Body Parts purchased candies suspended in green "ectoplasm" soft-set lime gelatin. Deliciously disgusting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter