Halloween Treat Boxes

Nutz4Dizney

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is where I post this but I was so proud of my treat boxes I just had to share them with everyone I know LOL

I used my cricut and the tags, bags, boxes and More cart. If you want details just let me know I'll glad you let you know any sizes I used.

I made this candy corn treat box special for my son
2401669930079946734S425x425Q85.jpg

Zach loved it so much that he wanted me to make them for his class. Since I didn't have a lot of orange I had to downgrade my project LOL
I made 24 for these-21 for the kids in my sons class and 3 for teachers.
2489852720079946734S425x425Q85.jpg

I made these witch treat boxes for 3 of the moms from school (no comment on them being witches or not :rolleyes1 . I can't draw so don't laugh at the faces please ;)
2604615600079946734S500x500Q85.jpg

Thank you. I'm glad they turned out so cute. Now I can't wait to work on something for Christmas

Thank you Nancy

here's how i made the Witch using my Cricut and the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cart.

I cut the green "face" cake box at 7 3/4" (with holes)
Face: Fold and glue the top and side of the "face" box, ink the sides of the "face" box for shadow. I waited to last to do the face.

I cut the black "hat" cake box at 8" (with holes)
Hat: cut 2 inches off the bottom of the "hat" cake box then another 1/2" or so. I kept cutting and measuring against the "face" cake box till I liked the size of the hat so I'm guessing it was no more than 3" cut from the "hat" cake box.

I cut the yellow strip at 1/4"
Strip: I added glue to 1 side of the "hat", I lined the bottom edge of the "hat" with the bottom edge of the strip, cut the yellow strip to fit. I did this for all 4 sides. As you can see by the 3rd witches hat I had it perfect LOL

Brim: The hardest part was the brim of the hat. I'm sure someone somewhere has an easier suggestion but this is what I did.

I measured the bottom of my hat. it was 2" x 2 1/2" (this measurement depends on how much you cut off the bottom and can be different)
Then I cut a black piece of paper for the "brim" to 2 1/2" x 3" (an 1/2 inch bigger than the "hat" size)
I put the "hat" box in the middle of the 2 1/2" x 3" "brim" (texture part up),
used my score tool and traced around the bottom edge of the "hat" box.
when I lifted the "hat" box I can see a rectangle in the middle of my "brim"
From here I cut an X into the scored box part (top right corner to bottom left corner and repeat the other way)
I folded the flaps of the X UP (Texture side to Texture side)
I glued the flaps to the inside of the hat.

put hat over "face" box
now for the face

I used 2 different size circle punchies for the eyes and the "wart". I also used a crooked wave looking punch for the nose. I just clipped off some of the loop on 1 side to make it more like a crooked nose.

there you have it. I hope I helped, I'm very bad at directions so I hope I didn't confuse you

Tracy, those are just darling!! Looking forward to seeing the ones you do for Thanksgiving and Christmas ;)

Tracy, those are just darling!! Looking forward to seeing the ones you do for Thanksgiving and Christmas ;)

Hey HEy Hey I said CHRISTMAS ones nothing about Thanksgiving ones LOL

Thanks Karen..These were actually very easy to make.

LOL that's right. I did "my next mission is Thanksgiving". See what happens when you approach 35 (loss of memory LOL)

Thank you! I have these printed out for next season!!

Now, what are you doing for Thanksgiving.. I need ideas... :)

Thank you! I have these printed out for next season!!

Now, what are you doing for Thanksgiving.. I need ideas... :)

You are so welcome. I have NO clue about Thanksgiving. I do however have an idea on Christmas ones but not saying just yet. I have to take a "test run" first LOL

My son wants me to make Turkey legs for Thanksgiving but I don't think I can do those LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter