Halloween weather WDW

Hi! I am making a trip to WDW Oct 25-31. What should I pack/prepare for weather? I've never been to Florida in October.

make sure to pack for rain. Suggest a slicker sort of rain jacket or a waterproof cloth poncho Vs park ones or an umbrella

Last year we had to argue the point at GS that we wanted to cancel our MNSSHP tix as the storm had started to approach. it worked out. They did wind up cancelling it, and we got to hunker down at AKV for two days :) Until the skies parted.

We’ve only gone thru two major storms that time of year over decades of visits. just be prepared to be flexible

will say we’ve gone nearly every year & it’s always been quite hot & sticky, even well into the night.

Bring a hoodie or as above a rain hoodie and a pair or 2 of long pants you will likely be wearing one to the airport anyway… the rest shorts and tees. Most likely warm but you can get the occasional 55-60 Florida day which to me is still shorts weather. Northeast 55 is different.
I found shorts fine when I got off a cruise and it was in the 30’s in the morning sure did not feel that to me. But I have been with 50s rainy and cloudy all day which was still warm… shorts with a hoodie was just fine.

Central Florida resident of four years here-late October in Florida is sunny, lows around 55-65 and highs around 70-85 with the occasional chillier day, moderate humidity, occasional rain and occasional hurricane.

Lots of good suggestions already, so I won’t pile on a ton, but my essentials are:

-more sun protection than you think you need. UV index is still high in the fall here, so don’t skimp on sunscreen. Get your ears and the part in your hair, too.
-something warm and lightweight you can jam in a bag/tie around your waist. I like an oversized flannel. Great for putting on the ground/ledges/benches to sit on during the day too.
-folding fan. I get them five at a time from dollar tree and always end up giving one or two away when I’m at the parks.
-hurricane plan. There’s no safer place to be in Florida than Disney for a hurricane, so don’t let the possibility stress you out. Just something to be aware of when booking flights/transportation that may be non refundable. The day before a hurricane is the best day to go to the parks since they’re usually empty, but you may have to be more flexible with your plans than you’d normally be if a storm does hit during your trip. It probably won’t, but just in case.

Other than that, the regular Disney trip essentials should get you by. Comfy shoes, comfy clothes, a bag that doesn’t drive you crazy, etc.

October is a great time weather-wise in Florida. You’re going to have a blast!

Weather varies In October so at that time frame there could be a cool spell but it could also be hot. You will have to check right before you leave to see what type of clothes will be needed.
Definitely a good idea 😅 I think sometimes I get so excited for my Disney-wear I plan without checking the weather. Which in California is not usually too much of a problem lol thank you!!!

make sure to pack for rain. Suggest a slicker sort of rain jacket or a waterproof cloth poncho Vs park ones or an umbrella

Last year we had to argue the point at GS that we wanted to cancel our MNSSHP tix as the storm had started to approach. it worked out. They did wind up cancelling it, and we got to hunker down at AKV for two days :) Until the skies parted.

We’ve only gone thru two major storms that time of year over decades of visits. just be prepared to be flexible

will say we’ve gone nearly every year & it’s always been quite hot & sticky, even well into the night.
I have MNSSHP for Oct 26!! I definitely want to me able to make it there. Thank you 😊

Bring a hoodie or as above a rain hoodie and a pair or 2 of long pants you will likely be wearing one to the airport anyway… the rest shorts and tees. Most likely warm but you can get the occasional 55-60 Florida day which to me is still shorts weather. Northeast 55 is different.
I found shorts fine when I got off a cruise and it was in the 30’s in the morning sure did not feel that to me. But I have been with 50s rainy and cloudy all day which was still warm… shorts with a hoodie was just fine.
I feel I’m warm blooded, I usually hate pants but I always have leggings. I definitely need some waterproof shoes and hoodies for rain. Thank you!!

Central Florida resident of four years here-late October in Florida is sunny, lows around 55-65 and highs around 70-85 with the occasional chillier day, moderate humidity, occasional rain and occasional hurricane.

Lots of good suggestions already, so I won’t pile on a ton, but my essentials are:

-more sun protection than you think you need. UV index is still high in the fall here, so don’t skimp on sunscreen. Get your ears and the part in your hair, too.
-something warm and lightweight you can jam in a bag/tie around your waist. I like an oversized flannel. Great for putting on the ground/ledges/benches to sit on during the day too.
-folding fan. I get them five at a time from dollar tree and always end up giving one or two away when I’m at the parks.
-hurricane plan. There’s no safer place to be in Florida than Disney for a hurricane, so don’t let the possibility stress you out. Just something to be aware of when booking flights/transportation that may be non refundable. The day before a hurricane is the best day to go to the parks since they’re usually empty, but you may have to be more flexible with your plans than you’d normally be if a storm does hit during your trip. It probably won’t, but just in case.

Other than that, the regular Disney trip essentials should get you by. Comfy shoes, comfy clothes, a bag that doesn’t drive you crazy, etc.

October is a great time weather-wise in Florida. You’re going to have a blast!
Ah omg thank you for this!!!! I always forget sunscreen esp when it’s overcast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter