Halloweentime Question

Ltl Mermaid

<font color=darkorchid>Spreading Disney Magic with
I am personally SO excited that DL will finally have a Halloween Event! does anybody know any more specifics about it?? the cost, times, etc? I also want to do Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA...do you think they will be EXTREMELY similar? I am SO excited anyhow ad cannot wait for some Disney Halloween fun...in DLR!

I heard that the trick or treat thing was only at DCA. Ive heard people who thought it was in the main park, and was shocked to find it was only in DCA

The Halloween Treet prices and dates:

Advance ticket price: $24
Day of event ticket price: $29

Event dates are:
October 13, 20, 22, 27 and 29; 7:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
October 26, 30, and 31; 6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Buy tickets online or call 714-781-4400

This after hours even is in California Adventure. We did it last year and had a blast. Already have tickets for this year.

But I'm also interested to see what goes on at Disneyland since they made an official announcement about Halloween happening this year. Can't wait.

Mystic...I heard that this year they are going to have Mickey's Halloween Treat (at DCA) AND will also be doing a Halloweentime event at DL. I am curious to know if this is a ticketed event like the one at DCA or just new theming that will be added to DL to make it more "Halloweenish". Should be fun either way!!

The DL stuff is decorations, and events like cookie decorating in Big Thunder Ranch it's not an extra ticket event. Mickey's Halloween Treat is an extra ticket event at DCA.

Thanks for that info! I am so glad they are finally giving Halloween at Disneyland more special treatment, yea!!!

From MouseSavers newsletter a few weeks ago-

The witching hour of midnight on September 29, 2006, will mark the beginning of Disney’s HalloweenTime, an all-new seasonal event at the Disneyland Resort in California, with whimsical décor, costumed Disney Characters, and interactive Halloween activities the whole family will find frightfully fun. Continuing through October 31, the first-ever event will allow guests to enter a family-friendly world of Halloween delights.

“Disney’s HalloweenTime will be a wonderful opportunity for families to come together and enjoy the make-believe aspects of the holiday,” said Matt Ouimet, president of the Disneyland Resort. “We hope families will begin a new holiday tradition of celebrating Halloween with us here at the Disneyland Resort.”

The autumn motif will be immediately apparent as guests approach Disneyland park where charming jack-o-lantern creations depicting Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto and Goofy will adorn the rooftop of the Main Entrance. Upon entering the park, guests will see the familiar imagery of the “Mickey Planter” below the Main Street Train Station transformed into a canvas of pumpkins and a masked Mickey face, featuring a skin-tone and ears created with real miniature white and orange pumpkins.

On Main Street, U.S.A. festive orange and yellow bunting will grace the quaint Victorian buildings while fall will be in full bloom in the flowerbeds and streetlamp flower boxes with a floral palette of green, purple, orange and yellow. A centerpiece of Town Square will be a 12-foot tall Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern, complete with pumpkin ears. The carved Mickey image will greet guests with a smile as they stroll down Main Street and will give them a playful wink as they depart while casting a warm glow at night.

The Central Plaza of Disneyland will also be specially decorated with Disney Character-inspired jack-o-lanterns surrounding the famous “Partners” statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse. Additionally, the Disney Characters themselves will get into the “spirit” of the occasion, wearing their favorite Halloween costumes, while meeting and greeting guests in Town Square and the Central Plaza.

At the Halloween Round-Up in Frontierland little ones visiting Big Thunder Ranch will have fun enjoying crafts and listening to a few tall, and possibly spooky, tales. The round-up will also feature an array of tasty treats to satisfy the most monstrous of appetites including cotton candy in Halloween colors, plus little frights can participate in some Spooky-Kookie-Cookie decorating.

As part of Disney’s HalloweenTime the popular seasonal attraction “Haunted Mansion Holiday” returns in New Orleans Square to delight guests by showing what happens when the traditions of Halloween and Christmas collide, resulting in holiday mayhem. Inspired by the innovative animated film Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, “Haunted Mansion Holiday” depicts a holiday season as taken over by Jack Skellington and his friends from Halloweentown.

Across the Disneyland Resort esplanade, guests to Disney’s California Adventure park will instantly be immersed in the spirit of Halloween fun as they encounter the iconic 11 foot tall “CALIFORNIA” entranceway letters - - now seemingly made from giant pieces of candy corn. Once inside the park guests will thrill to meeting an assortment of Disney Villains on the prowl while enjoying the enhanced atmosphere décor in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

Looming 183 feet high (the tallest attraction at the Disneyland Resort) and tempting guests to leave reality behind is the Hollywood Tower Hotel, site of the terrifying, other-worldly experience that is “The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.” The park’s popular supernatural adventure, based on “a lost episode” of the classic Twilight Zone television series, will take on an even more ominous presence with enhanced décor and creepy staff (such as the hotel maid whose shift never ends!).

Ltl Mermaid said:
I am personally SO excited that DL will finally have a Halloween Event!

uh finally??? they have been doing this for awhile now albeit in the DL park and as posters have indicated, this year it will be in DCA

disneegrl4eva said:
uh finally??? they have been doing this for awhile now albeit in the DL park and as posters have indicated, this year it will be in DCA

Isn't this only the second year for Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA? Also hasn't it been awhile since DL decorated for Halloween. The press releases indicated this was a return to celebrating Halloween at the park that hadn't been going on for some time.

Yes, this is the second year for Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA. I see that they have added another hour to the event this year - I was happy to see that because I thought it was really too short last year - just getting around to all the trick-or-treat stops took most of the time, and didn't allow much time for riding rides or meeting the characters or watching any of the live entertainment.

Disneyland's main emphasis at Halloween for the last 6(?) years has been Haunted Mansion Holiday, and other than the area around the Haunted Mansion there hasn't been much (if any) Halloween decorations or theming.

It sounds like fun!

Laura

It does sound like fun! We added onto our Park Hoppers so that we could go into DL when we arrive on Halloween. I'm afraid if we don't go in and look at all the decorations we'll miss some of them because they might/probably will start taking them down the next day.

Hi

I was hoping someone has tickets to Mickeys Halloween party at DL for Oct 20th, I need 4, they seem to be sold out or maybe someone knows whereelse I can buy them. We were hoping to drive down from Montana on the 18th and remember last year the tickets went on sale around the 15th of Aug but oops, they have been on sale for awhile. Thank you for your consideration and new to the board and enjoying all the post of peoples adventures and questions. pirate:

I bought tickets for the DCA Oct.26th night. If it's anything like the MNSSH at WDW which we did last year it should be plenty fun. There was trick or treating for the kids throughout the park and a trick or treat bag was given to each kid upon entry. Also, the costumed CM"s were all over "scaring" people :goodvibes and the decorations were truly Disney with the lights turned down low. As stagemomx3 says the extra event is only DCA .

We also went to MNSSHP last year for the first time and thought it was wonderful. We have tickets for Oct 20th this year at DCA. Hopefully it will be as much fun but it will be hard to beat last year. :thumbsup2

I haven't been to MNSSHP, but one thing that it has that the DCA party did NOT have last year was a parade and fireworks. Since Disney didn't put anything in this year's literature to indicate that there would be anything like that at this year's Mickey's Halloween Treat, I don't think we'll get those at all. They give trick-or-treat bags to *everyone*, though, and not just kids - I know I got a bunch of candy last year!

I'm glad to hear that it's successful and that tickets are selling out (they sold out last year and added more dates this year)...maybe they'll give us a Christmas party, too!!!

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter