Happily Ever After: Honeymoon Pre-Trip Report May 2019 *Life Update 8/21*

dolewhipandpixiedust

Mouseketeer
Happily Ever After

Well after much waiting, I am finally going to marry my Price Charming! I'm excited that my honeymoon will be my first trip report here on the DIS. I can't wait to share all my plan with everyone and watchman amazing trip unfold!

Please forgive me as this is my first trip report so it won't be perfect! :simba:

Last edited:
Meet the Prince and Princess

Honeymoon Trip report.jpg

Tyler & I
IMG_0553.JPG
I'm Sydnee and I am 20-years-old. Currently I am a preschool teacher, so I can share my love of Disney with my students. I have loved Disney since my first breath. My very first trip was when I was about 2-years-old. Since then I've been about 10 times, although only twice since I've been an adult. After falling in love with trip planning I decided to become a travel agent and I graduated from Disney's College of Knowledge!

IMG_1354.JPG

This is Tyler! This will not only be his honeymoon, but also his first trip to Walt Disney World! I am so thankful that he supports my addiction to Disney. He's excited to go and he has no idea what to expect!

We have three dogs and two cats. Scout, Ryker, Koda (above), Zira, and Daisy. They won't be with us, but we all know that they will be getting some souvenirs of their own this trip!

IMG_0743.JPG
Zira (Tortishell) & Daisy (Black)

IMG_1406.JPG
From left to right: Koda, Ryker, & Scout
Can't wait to share all my plans with everyone!

I need Disney to release 2019 packages!!!!
I feel like I have so much already planned without having any actual reservations for anything! I need to work on my patience lol.

We had decided to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge a long time ago when we were planning a trip for Nov 2018. Well that went out the window when we bought a house! So we had decided on a quick trip for Sept-Oct 2018. Once again that changed when we go engaged. So now we will be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge from May 8- May 18, 2019!

I've never been to Disney for a trip as long as thin one. I am happy that I don't feel like we have to pack everything into 5 days! When I am at Disney normally I'm on the go (and those with me can't keep up!) hopefully I can relax next to the pool and watch the animals!

Congratulations!!

Disney-moons are the best! I combined my Disney Wedding/Honeymoon together. Instead of paying a ton of money, I had my closest friends and family come to Disney with me. We spent a little time together before the wedding, then I said "I DO". After the wedding my husband and I took a Disney Cruise and spent the rest of our time at Disney. I think we were gone for 3 1/2 weeks.

It was magical!

Have fun planning!

Congratulations!!

Disney-moons are the best! I combined my Disney Wedding/Honeymoon together. Instead of paying a ton of money, I had my closest friends and family come to Disney with me. We spent a little time together before the wedding, then I said "I DO". After the wedding my husband and I took a Disney Cruise and spent the rest of our time at Disney. I think we were gone for 3 1/2 weeks.

It was magical!

Have fun planning!

That sounds amazing! I wish I could’ve had a Disney wedding but I have an extremely large family so it would’ve been really hard on my if some people couldn’t come BUT they’re excited that we’re goimg for our honeymoon! Plus it’s Tyler’s first time which is even better!

Oooh, a nice long lovely trip! It's gonna be amazing....lots of time to relax and enjoy everything :) Excited to read more! :)

Daily Itinerary
So we will be staying at the World for 10 nights! We've decided since we will be there so long that it would be good for us to get Annual Passes instead of regular tickets. My plan is to purchase at least one annual pass in the next couple months so that I can use the AP discount if/when they are released. I love the flexibility the pass will give us plus Memory Maker is included!

As of today, we are 350 days away from our trip (and 345 from getting married!!) I've been working on the day plans for way longer than I should lol. So without further ado here they are!

Day 1 (Arrival Day)

• Hollywood Studios
Day 2
  • Magic Kingdom
Day 3
  • Epcot
Day 4
  • Blizzard Beach
Day 5
  • Magic Kingdom
Day 6
  • Epcot
Day 7
  • Magic Kingdom
Day 8
  • Animal Kingdom
Day 9
  • Magic Kingdom
Day 10
  • Animal Kingdom
Day 11 (Departure Day)
  • Magic Kingdom

I've never been able to go to Magic Kingdom for so many days! I'm super excited that we have so much time to do everything! Next up is dining!

Let's Eat!
One of my favorite parts of Disney is the food. Coincidentally, Tyler's favorite part of life is food. No wonder we're perfect for each other.

As a foodie, I was so happy that I could experience so many restaurants as during our honeymoon. I talked Tyler into the Deluxe Dining Plan! I have planned a Signature meal for almost every day of the trip. Along with the deluxe plan you have to make sure all your credits add up so I used my living room wall to help me. Naturally, Tyler took to Facebook to make fun of me.

IMG_5D5825F333A8-1 3.jpeg
(Yes, that's me putting sticky notes on my wall while standing on the couch)
So here are the plans!

Day 1

• Hollywood Studios
    • Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater
      • 1:30pm
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge
    • Jiko: The Cooking Place
      • 7:30pm
Day 2
  • Magic Kingdom
    • The Crystal Palace
      • 8:00am
    • Be Our Guest
Day 3
  • Epcot
    • The Garden Grill
    • Le Cellier
Day 4
  • Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
    • Trail's End Restaurant Brunch
      • 8:30am
  • Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
    • The Turf Club
      • 6:30pm
Day 5
  • The Contemporary Resort
    • California Grill Brunch
      • 12:45pm
  • The Beach Club Resort
    • Cape May Cafe
      • 7:00pm
Day 6
  • The Boardwalk Inn
    • Trattoria Al Forno Bon Voyage Breakfast
      • 10:30am
  • The Contemporary Resort
    • California Grill
      • 8:00pm
Day 7
  • The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    • The Grand Floridian Cafe
      • 11:30am
  • The Wilderness Lodge
    • Artist Point
Day 8
  • The Beach Club Resort
    • Beaches 'n' Cream
      • 3:00pm
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge
    • Boma: Flavors of Africa
      • 9:00pm
Day 9
  • Magic Kingdom
    • Cinderella's Royal Table
    • Liberty Tree Tavern
      • 5:00pm
    • Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert Party (Plaza Garden View)
Day 10
  • Old Key West Resort
    • Olivia's Cafe
      • 1:00pm
  • The Yacht Club Resort
    • Yachtsman Steakhouse
Day 11
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge
    • Boma: Flavors of Africa
      • 9:30am

Out of all these restaurants, I have only been to two of them. Crystal Palace is my favorite and a must-do every trip. I dream about the Puffed French Toast they have for breakfast. The other restaurant is Cape May Cafe. I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner last year. I am a huge seafood lover and I h=always have been. When I was very little I ordered crab legs at a restaurant and the waitress thought I was kidding. I wasn't. No only are the crab legs great, when I was there they also had some fried shrimp that was amazing! I can't wait until I get to try out some new places and I will definitely doing a Dining Trip Report once we're back.

All the food! :)

I talked Tyler into the Deluxe Dining Plan! I have planned a Signature meal for almost every day of the trip. Along with the deluxe plan you have to make sure all your credits add up so I used my living room wall to help me. Naturally, Tyler took to Facebook to make fun of me.
Insert obligatory "make sure the DDP is worth it for you". Sometimes the DDP can be a bit too restrictive, or you can save money by just saving up in advance and then getting the AP discount when you pay in cash. Ok, done with that! And your conspiracy theory planning as hilarious! love it :)

Day 2
  • Magic Kingdom
    • The Crystal Palace
    • Be Our Guest
Never been to Crystal Palace, but we're going this trip and I'm excited to try that Puffed French Toast! And Be Our Guest is one of my favorites, I don't care how many people complain about it. The theming alone--if you can get a seat by the "windows" at the far end of the ballroom, it's a great view and semi-private. They seated us there our first time and it was *amazing*. And you'll be eating there after the menu switchover to the new prix fixe menu! :)

The Contemporary Resort
  • California Grill Brunch
Jealous! So many good reviews of this brunch--I'm sure you'll love it!

The Boardwalk Inn
  • Trattoria Al Forno Bon Voyage Breakfast
    • 10:30am
We're doing this too--I'm excited! The food gets good reviews and the characters seem so fun.

The Beach Club Resort
  • Beaches 'n' Cream
    • 3:00pm
Ice cream! I know there's food, and apparently the grilled cheese isn't bad, but really, it's all about the ice cream here. :)

Day 9
  • Magic Kingdom
    • Cinderella's Royal Table
    • Liberty Tree Tavern
      • 5:00pm
    • Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert Party (Plaza Garden View)
Glad to see someone else is doing the dessert party after a dinner ADR! Did you see they now have the "after fireworks" dessert party? They just announced it a few days ago and it doesn't actually start until the 28th, but there's all sorts of speculation going on about who will watch the fireworks where, if there's now a "before" and an "after" fireworks dessert party. :)

All the food! :)

Insert obligatory "make sure the DDP is worth it for you". Sometimes the DDP can be a bit too restrictive, or you can save money by just saving up in advance and then getting the AP discount when you pay in cash. Ok, done with that! And your conspiracy theory planning as hilarious! love it :)

Never been to Crystal Palace, but we're going this trip and I'm excited to try that Puffed French Toast! And Be Our Guest is one of my favorites, I don't care how many people complain about it. The theming alone--if you can get a seat by the "windows" at the far end of the ballroom, it's a great view and semi-private. They seated us there our first time and it was *amazing*. And you'll be eating there after the menu switchover to the new prix fixe menu! :)

Jealous! So many good reviews of this brunch--I'm sure you'll love it!

We're doing this too--I'm excited! The food gets good reviews and the characters seem so fun.

Ice cream! I know there's food, and apparently the grilled cheese isn't bad, but really, it's all about the ice cream here. :)

Glad to see someone else is doing the dessert party after a dinner ADR! Did you see they now have the "after fireworks" dessert party? They just announced it a few days ago and it doesn't actually start until the 28th, but there's all sorts of speculation going on about who will watch the fireworks where, if there's now a "before" and an "after" fireworks dessert party. :)
So I have a tendency to order the most expensive thing on the menu so DDP always works out lol. We joke that my brother balances out with his bread only dinners for my mom (it’s like she has 2 normal kids lol) Plus I want the all inclusive feel for at least my honeymoon!
Crystal Palace is my favorite!! We went twice last trip lol. And we are at BOG for lunch and dinner last trip so I know how magical it is! I’m excited for the new menu!
Brunch is literally for the bottomless mimosas haha plus I’ve heard about carrot cake pancakes!!! Not doing Bon Voyage is my big regret of last trip because I saw it but didn’t pick up the res. I’ve heard there’s a great burger at Beaches and Tyler LOVES burgers and ice cream (we’re having a sundae bar at our wedding) I did know about the new after party. I’m a Travel Agent for Disney and now everyone if kinda freaking out especially for their clients! I’m going to wait for reviews and then decide which to do! I’m planning the dinner for around 5 so we will have time to walk it off a bit plus as my grandma always said there’s alway room for dessert (even if it’s for breakfast lol)

It's My Honeymoon and I Ain't Waiting in Line
Okay so quick update, we went camping this weekend and I ended up going to the emergency room because I had a kidney infection. It's almost tradition for someone to end up in the ER during Memorial Day weekend. SO that means I have lots of time to update this PTR!

So back to the point of this post, Fastpasses! Last trip, I spent only 20 minutes in line. That's about my max and I'm planning on keeping it that way. I've told Tyler about how some of the lines can get and that worries him, but he knows that I'm good at what I do lol.

Hollywood Studios

• Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  • Tower of Terror
Nothing makes me happier than the fact that RnR and ToT are now tier 2! I love both of the rides and so now we can enjoy both along with TSMM. Tyler is excited for Toy Story Land! Most people will say "Oh why aren't y9ou getting the new rides?" Well there's two explanations: I haven't ever been on TSMM and I'm not sure what the Slinky Dog Dash will exactly be like. I keep hearing that it's more of a kiddie coaster. If it is I'll stick to my plan, if not I will switch. Bonus reason: Tyler and I are super competitive and I wanna kick his but at TSMM.

Magic Kingdom (Day 1)

• Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Haunted Mansion
These are three of the best rides at Disney. Unlike most people I go around Magic Kingdom in "chronological" order starting with Adventureland. We also have five Magic Kingdom days so my plan is to take our time getting through each land. Plus I plan on getting Dole Whip after breakfast (don't judge me)

Epcot (Day 1)

• Epcot Character Spot
  • Test Track
  • Spaceship Earth
I am really excited to take Tyler on Test Track. He is a mechanic at a GM dealership and he really loves cars so this ride will most likely be his favorite. Another thing is that I hope we can get into the GM Lounge. He's looking into getting an official ID badge from work so we can try to use it there.

Magic Kingdom (Day 2)

• Splash Mountain
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Peter Pan's Flight
Can you sense that I love Frontierland and Liberty Square?

Epcot (Day 2)
  • Frozen Ever After
This is another ride that I haven't done yet. Last time I was there it had just opened and I was not waiting in line for it. This is our World Showcase Day so this is the only Fastpass we need. I may make two throw aways, but I'm sure we don't even need that.

Magic Kingdom (Day 3)

• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Dumbo
  • Journey of the Little Mermaid
Dumbo was the first ride I remember riding at Disney World with my mom and dad. Tyler has to ride it because its tradition! Also I hope to ride 7DMT a couple times.

Animal Kingdom (Day 1)

• Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Expedition Everest
Finally on to Animal Kingdom! We both love animal (I mean we have five of them!) and I love Expedition Everest and Tyler will too!

Magic Kingdom (Day 4)

• Space Mountain
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
  • ????
Space Mountain is another ride Tyler will love. We're also gonna do the Laugh Floor and I pray that he gets picked on!

Animal Kingdom (Day 2)

• Dinosaur
  • Expedition Everest
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
Dinosaur is another ride I haven't been on. I had a Fastpass for it three years ago but it was down pouring so we left.

Magic Kingdom (Day 5)

• Splash Mountain
  • ????
  • ????
So this is our departure day and we won't be in the park long, but I know I will want to ride Splash again because I love it. I'll pick up two randoms and modify them when we decide what we want to ride.

Well, there's all my Fastpasses. The next posts will be my daily plans and I am going to post them all separately because if I did them all in one It would be the longest post ever!

Okay so quick update, we went camping this weekend and I ended up going to the emergency room because I had a kidney infection. It's almost tradition for someone to end up in the ER during Memorial Day weekend. SO that means I have lots of time to update this PTR!
Oh no! :( Hope you're feeling better! And glad you were able to distract yourself with FP plans! :)

Plus I plan on getting Dole Whip after breakfast (don't judge me)
Dude, Dole Whips are the perfect after-breakfast snack. No judging, just lots of head nodding in agreement.

We're also gonna do the Laugh Floor and I pray that he gets picked on!
Yes! I love this show, it's hilarious. So funny, and so good at the improv, even with audience members who aren't quite understanding what's going on. But hopefully Tyler gets picked!

No Pandora rides for you guys in AK? You'll loving Everest and the Safari and Kali though :)

Oh no! :( Hope you're feeling better! And glad you were able to distract yourself with FP plans! :)

Dude, Dole Whips are the perfect after-breakfast snack. No judging, just lots of head nodding in agreement.

Yes! I love this show, it's hilarious. So funny, and so good at the improv, even with audience members who aren't quite understanding what's going on. But hopefully Tyler gets picked!

No Pandora rides for you guys in AK? You'll loving Everest and the Safari and Kali though :)
I’m feeling better today although the air conditioning at work wasn’t working so it was miserable for everyone. I can’t wait to have as much dole whip as possible. I have a separate budget for my dole whips! We both enjoy the movie Monsters Inc and I think he will love Laugh Floor because the humor is amazing. As for Pandora I’m waiting to see how the lines are because Tyler doesn’t like to be super crowded (that’s why we’re doing the firework party) but if I happen to see a FP open I’ll grab it but it’s easier to plan on not doing it and then be pleasantly surprised I got one!

I’m feeling better today although the air conditioning at work wasn’t working so it was miserable for everyone. I can’t wait to have as much dole whip as possible. I have a separate budget for my dole whips! We both enjoy the movie Monsters Inc and I think he will love Laugh Floor because the humor is amazing. As for Pandora I’m waiting to see how the lines are because Tyler doesn’t like to be super crowded (that’s why we’re doing the firework party) but if I happen to see a FP open I’ll grab it but it’s easier to plan on not doing it and then be pleasantly surprised I got one!

Oooh, no fun. A/C is a necessity lately!!

You may want to see how the opening of TSL affects (or doesn't) the crowds at Pandora and maybe swap out one of your fastpasses for a Flight of Passage fastpass; all predictions point to the lines getting better. And with Flight of Passage getting such rave reviews, might be a shame to miss it. That being said, it should hopefully also be easier to get a FoP fastpass same day, so your original plan works too! :)

Oooh, no fun. A/C is a necessity lately!!

You may want to see how the opening of TSL affects (or doesn't) the crowds at Pandora and maybe swap out one of your fastpasses for a Flight of Passage fastpass; all predictions point to the lines getting better. And with Flight of Passage getting such rave reviews, might be a shame to miss it. That being said, it should hopefully also be easier to get a FoP fastpass same day, so your original plan works too! :)
Yea I’m fully prepared for the plan to change because I seem to change them ALL the time!

Love in an Elevator (and a coaster, too)

So our first park is Hollywood Studios! This will be our arrival day and I hope to leave Detroit Metro at 7:10am which would put us in MCO around 10am. I'm hoping that I get as lucky as I have before and get to the resort in about an hour, but even if we don't it's alright. Ladies and gentlemen, the touring plans!

Hollywood Studios

• Arrival
    • We will have tickets that we are going to upgrade to APs, so depending on hw long it takes to get into the park we will do this at arrival.
  • Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater
    • 1:30pm
    • I'm excited to eat here. I've heard that the milkshakes are to die for! I'm gonna need one after traveling.
  • Muppet Vision 3D
    • This is our first stop after lunch (and an alcoholic milkshake). I have loved this show since I first saw it. I was actually afraid at first because It's Tough to be a Bug had traumatized me,
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
    • FP+: 3:00pm-4:00pm
    • I cannot wait to finally ride this! I am also gonna kick Tyler's butt at it!
  • Walt Disney Presents
    • A trip in here got vetoed during my last trip. This time I'm doing it no matter what!
  • Rock n' Roller Coaster
    • FP+: 4:00pm-5:00pm
    • One of my favorite rides at Disney! I really love Aerosmith and this ride is heaven to me because I know every song. Were gonna ride this near the end of the window for our Fastpass so we can go right on the the next.
  • Tower of Terror
    • FP+: 5:00pm-6:00pm
    • I'm hoping if we get through the other Fastpasses quicker than I'm expecting and I can move the time for this and RnR moved up. This is a ride that I've told Tyler about and he's excited. There's nothing like the rush of dropping in an elevator!
So once we're done on Tower of Terror the plan is to head back to AKL so we can get ready for dinner at Jiko. We're gonna turn in early to get caught up on sleep for our next big day.

Up next we take a trip to the Hundred Acre Woods :tigger:pooh::eeyore:

We will have tickets that we are going to upgrade to APs, so depending on hw long it takes to get into the park we will do this at arrival.

Dude, I have to do this too, first thing. Gotta get the most use out of those AP discounts! I'm hoping for short lines at the Guest Relations window in Disney Springs....

Muppet Vision 3D This is our first stop after lunch (and an alcoholic milkshake). I have loved this show since I first saw it. I was actually afraid at first because It's Tough to be a Bug had traumatized me,

I randomly wandered into this show last trip cause air conditioning, and was pleasantly surprised! It's funnier than I expected. And the hecklers man...I love them :)

Walt Disney Presents
  • A trip in here got vetoed during my last trip. This time I'm doing it no matter what!
Do it! There are some great exhibits and displays in here--definitely worth your time.

I'm hoping if we get through the other Fastpasses quicker than I'm expecting and I can move the time for this and RnR moved up. This is a ride that I've told Tyler about and he's excited. There's nothing like the rush of dropping in an elevator!

Tower of Terror is awesome! Tyler will love it. So funny story: my husband hates heights. Hates them. But when we were planning our first trip and I was telling him about this ride, he surprised me by saying he'd ride it. I kept checking with him throughout the planning and he kept saying that he'd ride it, despite my skepticism. Then we finally get to HS and go to get in line, and that's when he realizes that the doors open at the top and you're able to see out into the park from the top of the Tower--apparently he had no idea! But he stuck it out anyways, and now it's his favorite ride that he'll never ride again. :) I even got him a mug to commemorate the occasion. :)

Dude, I have to do this too, first thing. Gotta get the most use out of those AP discounts! I'm hoping for short lines at the Guest Relations window in Disney Springs....

I randomly wandered into this show last trip cause air conditioning, and was pleasantly surprised! It's funnier than I expected. And the hecklers man...I love them :)

Do it! There are some great exhibits and displays in here--definitely worth your time.

Tower of Terror is awesome! Tyler will love it. So funny story: my husband hates heights. Hates them. But when we were planning our first trip and I was telling him about this ride, he surprised me by saying he'd ride it. I kept checking with him throughout the planning and he kept saying that he'd ride it, despite my skepticism. Then we finally get to HS and go to get in line, and that's when he realizes that the doors open at the top and you're able to see out into the park from the top of the Tower--apparently he had no idea! But he stuck it out anyways, and now it's his favorite ride that he'll never ride again. :) I even got him a mug to commemorate the occasion. :)
That’s hilarious! My mom hates elevators so when my brother and I went on it we were trying to get her to go and she started with the same story she always does “I walked up 4 flights of stairs while I was in labor because I wasn’t riding an elevator”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter