Happily Ever After: Honeymoon Pre-Trip Report May 2019 *Life Update 8/21*

Lookin' for a Laughing Place
After a good night's sleep we will be heading to the park that started it all! Magic Kingdom is by far my favorite park. I love that there's so much to do and you can't do it all in a day. The focus of this first day will be Adventureland and Frontierland with a quick visit to 999 happy haunts.

Magic Kingdom

• Arrival
    • 7:45am
    • I think I'm aiming a bit high here with this estimate but I know we will both be excited for food and fun so maybe it'll work!
  • The Crystal Palace
    • 8:05am
    • This is my favorite breakfast spot in all of Disney World. We actually ended up eating here twice last trip. The Puffed French Toast is the bomb.com and Winnie the Pooh is one of my favorites as well. We actually had a Winnie the Pooh bathroom when I was a kid. Tyler was getting pictures of my food from here last year and he's happy he will get some this time.
  • Adventureland
    • Jungle Cruise
      • I like the Jungle Cruise and I'm excited for the upcoming movie. Confession: I don't get the back side of water joke and if anyone wants to explain please do!
    • The Enchanted Tiki Room
      • The last time I was here was when it was still under new management with Zazu and Iago. I missed it last trip, but now we're gonna stop by and enjoy some singing birds.
    • The Pirates of the Caribbean
      • FP+: 9:00am-10:00am
      • Our first Fastpass of the day! I enjoy using my fastpasses early just in case we want to hop over to another park. I think this ride is one of the best originals and I love the movies that came about from this little dark ride. Also, it wouldn't be Tyler's first trip to Disney without getting "Yo Ho, Yo Ho" stuck in his head!
    • Aloha Isle
      • If your couldn't tell I really love Dole Whip. Like to the point I have an extra section of our budget dedicated for buying Dole Whip. I tried to get Dole Whip for our wedding reception but that was gonna be expensive, so I'll live with getting it at Disney World.
  • Frontierland
    • Splash Mountain
      • My favorite ride in Magic Kingdom! I still remember my first time on this ride. I was 8 and this was before the lap bars. My best friend and I were in the front row and when it came time for the drop I was pretty sure I was going head first into the thorns! This past trip we sat in the front every time and my brother and I loved every second of it!
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
      • FP+: 10:00am-11:00am
      • The O.G. mine train of Disney. This one s another great classic. Fun fact: while I was in the ER this past weekend, I thought I had a kidney stone and I thought to myself "I wish I could go on BTMR to get rid of this pain!"
  • Liberty Square
    • Haunted Mansion
      • FP+: 11:00am-12:00pm
      • The best part about Haunted Mansion is the fact that you can ride it over and over and over and still notice different details. And I love the Ghost Host. I just know Tyler will make a joke about the bride in the attic.
This is where my plans end. I'm trying to keep this trip as open as possible while still doing everything we want. So from here we will either keep picking up Fastpasses or we will head back to AKL to nap or swim. After, we will head back to Magic Kingdom for our dinner at Be Our Guest. I'm really excited for the new menu and the desserts are adorable! I'm looking forward to reviews! We may stay for fireworks, but I'd rather not stay and wait for our fireworks party because Tyler doesn't dig crowds. I'm thinking of moving the reservation for BOG up so we can get out prior to Happily Ever After crowds.

Our next day we will be testing some vehicles!

Monsters Inc is one of my favorite things to do at MK. Last time we went my DDs joke was chosen and my DH was chosen as "That Guy" It was hilarious and I never laughed so hard in my life. I think he was an easy target because of his shaved head. They kept referring to him as a bowling ball.

Monsters Inc is one of my favorite things to do at MK. Last time we went my DDs joke was chosen and my DH was chosen as "That Guy" It was hilarious and I never laughed so hard in my life. I think he was an easy target because of his shaved head. They kept referring to him as a bowling ball.
Haha that’s awesome!! I just wanted him to get picked especially since I’m not gonna tell him that they pick on people!

Life Update!
So I haven’t posted in a bit, but I’ve been busy with a little ball of fluff.

CD4E2262-43E3-40B4-9C41-22EF2CB15A44.jpeg

Meet Tigger! He make look nice and peaceful in this picture but he’s a raging ball of wild fur! (Bonus point if you know what movie that quote is from)

I wore Tyler down enough and we got him from my coworker on Saturday. He’s so sweet and loves exploring!

Packages Were Finally Released!

So my original plan was for me to go in and just switch my current reservation to AKL and be does with it. Well, that didn’t happen lol. I kept looking and we were able to get a DVC value studio at Jambo House for $22 less per night than a standard room! I’m super lucky I got this because there’s only 18 of these rooms available. Hopefully this will be the last switch (unless Beach or Yacht Club become available in our budget)

I’m so ready for this honeymoon! 321 days to go!

Sounds like a great start to the plans!! Congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding!!
DH wanted a DisneyMoon, but I convinced him we needed to do something else since we go to WDW every year. So we took a cruise to the Bahamas, and had a great time. Now we celebrate our anniversary at WDW every summer :love:

Sounds like a great start to the plans!! Congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding!!
DH wanted a DisneyMoon, but I convinced him we needed to do something else since we go to WDW every year. So we took a cruise to the Bahamas, and had a great time. Now we celebrate our anniversary at WDW every summer :love:
That’s awesome!! I’m hoping that we can take trips for our anniversaries too!

Packages Were Finally Released!

So my original plan was for me to go in and just switch my current reservation to AKL and be does with it. Well, that didn’t happen lol. I kept looking and we were able to get a DVC value studio at Jambo House for $22 less per night than a standard room! I’m super lucky I got this because there’s only 18 of these rooms available. Hopefully this will be the last switch (unless Beach or Yacht Club become available in our budget)

I’m so ready for this honeymoon! 321 days to go!

That is awesome! What luck! I'm so happy for you! :)

Hi there! Joining in! I've been debating starting a PTR for October 2019 but it's soooooo far away! :( Congrats on your engagement! We did a Disneymoon and it was amazing. I HIGHLY recommend! You guys are going to have the best time! Can't wait to read your TR! Tigger is super cute as are your other fur-babies. Tiggers are wonderful things after all. ;)

Hi there! Joining in! I've been debating starting a PTR for October 2019 but it's soooooo far away! :( Congrats on your engagement! We did a Disneymoon and it was amazing. I HIGHLY recommend! You guys are going to have the best time! Can't wait to read your TR! Tigger is super cute as are your other fur-babies. Tiggers are wonderful things after all. ;)
Thank you! Im really looking forward to the trip! I haven't updated this in a while but it's on the to-do list for this week! And I love my fur-babies!even though they drive me insane!

Rome is Burning
So it's been a while and I apologize! Work and life has just been crazy and add wedding planning to that. Our next day will be Epcot and we will be focusing on Future World on this day. Time to see some manatees, meet the mouse that started it all, and last but not least take a whirl on Test Track.

Epcot

• Arrival
    • 7:45am
    • Aiming high again, but Tyler tends to get up earlier than I do so hopefully he will be excited for food.
  • Garden Grill
    • 8:00am
    • I'm excited to try this restaurant! I've never been and I haven't had much time to explore Epcot on my trips. Plus, have you seen the sticky bun?? If that's all I eat I'll be happy.
  • Future World West
    • Soarin'
      • Soarin' is one ride I've never been on. I had a fastpass for it during our last trip, but plans changed and we went to Magic Kingdom instead. When I went solo later that night I couldn't pick up another FP and I wasn't waiting for an hour by myself.
    • Living with the Land
      • I've avoid Living with the Land since I heard it was really boring. After hearing some other reviews I decided we could do this while waiting for our first fastpass. Even if it is boring, it's air conditioned!
    • The Epcot Character Spot
      • This was originally supposed to be our first fastpass of the day, but Disney decided to move it to tier 1 because of course they did. So now we will meet Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy while we wait to use our Mission: Space fastpass.
    • Club Cool
      • We love pop! Well, soda if your not from Michigan. I can't wait to have Tyler try the Beverly.
    • The Seas with Nemo & Friends
      • I really love The Seas. I think aquariums are cool and when I went to Epcot solo I was able to just sit and watch the keepers feed the Manatees for as long as I wanted.
    • Mission: Space
      • FP+ 9:45am-10:45am
      • I will admit I am terrified of this ride. Well, the orange side at least, but I'm willing to try because Tyler likes this kind of stuff.
    • Test Track
      • FP+ 10:45am-11:45am
      • Tyler is so ready to ride this, it's not even funny. Besides the food, this is what he talks about.
    • Spaceship Earth
      • FP+ 11:00am-12:00pm*
      • So, I plan on modifying the Spaceship Earth fastpass to be right after we get off Test Track. Generally this method works for me so hopefully it will this time. If not, we can ride it later when we come back for dinner.
    • Break
  • Le Cellier
    • 7:30pm
    • I may schedule this earlier in the evening. I'm not sure yet, but I love steak so this is the restaurant for me!
After dinner we may head back to AKL to get ready to take on Summit Plummit the next day!

I Only Like Blizzards When I'm Not in Michigan
After a day exploring Future World, we are going to Blizzard Beach to cool off and relax. I plan to get there at opening to go and hit all the bigger slides so after we can chill in the wave pool or the lazy river. We are gonna start out day at Fort Wilderness.

Blizzard Beach

• Fort Wilderness
    • Trail's End Brunch
    • 8:30am
  • Blizzard Beach
    • We will Uber from breakfast to BB because I'm not dealing with the busses (which are a hot mess). I miss the direct bussing from resorts. I don't really have a touring lan for BB other than get the big slides out of the way first. Other than those we will just do whatever.
  • Saratoga Springs Resort
    • Turf Club
    • 6:00pm
Our fourth day isn't too exciting. We will take this day to rest and get ready for the week ahead of us. Next we will be taking on the Wild West and take a flight over London.

Joining in! We’re actually overlapping a few days at Animal Kingdom Lodge! I’ll be at Jambo House from May 6-11, 2019 (and somewhere else on property from May 1-6 haha).

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! My husband and I were just married this past January so I know how excited you must be!

Joining in! We’re actually overlapping a few days at Animal Kingdom Lodge! I’ll be at Jambo House from May 6-11, 2019 (and somewhere else on property from May 1-6 haha).

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! My husband and I were just married this past January so I know how excited you must be!
Glad to have you! If you see us feel free to say hi!! I’m excited but weddings are so stressful. Disney is my de-stressing lol

But First, Coffee
So our next Disney-filled day is at the Magic Kingdom (again). This day is another focus on Frontierland because you can never ride Splash Mountain too many times.

Magic Kingdom

• Arrival
    • 8:30am
    • We get to sleep in a little bit this morning since we won't have any ADRs to get to until after 12:00 so we will both enjoy the extra hour of sleep.
  • Main Street Bakery
    • We will stop to get caffeinated for the morning and I will most likely grab a cinnamon roll because calories don't count at Disney! Other than that we need to save room for brunch at California Grill.
  • Frontierland
    • Splash Mountain
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
      • FP+ 9:00am-10:00am
      • My plan is to use this toward the beginning of the window and move all our other fastpasses so we can get done quicker.
  • Liberty Square
    • Haunted Mansion
      • FP+ 10:00am-11:00am*
      • Hopefully I can move this FP to 9:30am and use it then.
  • Fantasyland
    • It's A Small World
      • I've told Tyler it's not an official trip to Disney World without getting that catchy song stuck in your head!
    • Mickey's Philharmagic
      • Am I the only one who love this show? There's never been a wait when I've gone and it's awesome.
    • Peter Pan's Flight
      • FP+ 11:00am-12:00pm
      • While I don't understand all the hype for this ride I enjoy it so we might as well go on it. I remember going on it when I was in 3rd grade with my best friend.
  • California Grill
    • 12:45pm
    • Two words: Bottomless Mimosas
After brunch is our break where we will either head back on the monorail, go to a different park, or to AKL. Later in the evening we have dinner at another one of my favorites, Cape May Cafe. I gotta start teaching Tyler to crack crab legs! The next day we take a trip around the world!

Life Update
Guess what? WE’RE GOING TO MNSSHP!!!!
Somehow I convinced Tyler to go on Sept. 11-12 because I found such great deals on a hotel and flights. I’ll do a little trip report on it as well! We will be staying at All Star Sports for one night just going to the party. I’m so excited I can barely handle it! Anyone else going on the 11th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter