• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hard Rock Club Rooms, have they gotten any better?

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
I was at the HRH in April. We stayed in a club room and the concierge perks were downgraded greatly since the hotels opening. Has anyone stayed in a club room recently? Can anyone comment on the current state of things there now? We are planning to visit again this fall and I wanted to know if it had gotten any better.

bumping, I want to know too!

Hello DIS friends,
I've been trying unsuccessfully to find time to post a report on my HRH Club level stay (6/9-13). For now I'll throw out a few brief comments in hopes of answering your questions. I'm sad to report that the food on the evening buffet has been "downgraded" significantly since our first visit in Feb. They are currently offering cheese , crackers and raw vegetables. Period. Same thing every night. This is in contrast to the ever changing menu on our last trip with choices such as sushi (delicious), tabouleh, potato salad, grilled vegetables, assorted meats ? (don't ask me I'm a vegetarian) and probably more that I can't recall. I asked one of the concierge staff about the changes. His response was that when they had better food they were always running out. I asked him how the guests felt about this and all I got was a disinterested shrug. I decided he was not the person to discuss this with.
Surely there's a way to resolve the buffet food shortage and still serve interesting dishes. Sounds to me like they just don't want to spend the money.Well, if things don't improve we won't be spending ours either!

Well agree food is not great but you have to put it into context, food down at City Walk is incredibly expensive, there were six of us, the beer/cokes/water alone is worth a significant amount once you price this in the park or hotel. We had a car, we bagged up the left over beers/cokes and got home on them, also they have all the cookies and milk you can consume at night, they also have DVD going in two rooms, gets your kids out of your hair like having huge living room,there was reading materials for dad. Would suggest bring DVD for teens they only had G stuff, we watched Lethal Weapon. Kids could go back and forthe between room and lounge.It will signifigantly cut your food costs, free breakfast, eat snacks at HH and skip desert and go back for the cookies, they're great. Would also bring my own margarita mix, they had the Jose Cuervo but no good mix. I mean a beer at the pool was $3.50 or so, amn it doesn't take long to see how it adds up....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter