Hard Rock or Portofino? Hear its loud at the HR,also where is Mythos (sp)

maepartner

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=deepp
Im trying to decide between the two....after hearing that HRH is very noisy, im a little hesitant even though its cheaper....speaking of cost, do your park tix come with the hotel when you book?

Also Ive heard of a great Restaurant , not sure of the name, thought it might be Mythos, anyone know?

Im a Florida resident going for one or 2 nites in on the 11th and/or 12th of april......anyone know how much i should be paying per night? Does it go by how many guests, or is it a flat rate, thanks :) Maepartner

I really don't like LOUD places and I LOVED the Hard Rock. There is music playing, but it is not loud.
The park tickets are NOT included in the price of your hotel room. Prices are for the room, not per person.
The rate you get depends on what discounts are available. Ask if the Entertainment rate, Fan Club rate, AAA rate or any special Florida Resident rates are available for your stay.
Mythos is in Islands of Adventure and is indeed WONDERFUL! Defintiely plan to eat there.

I recently stayed in a club room overlooking the pool. It was a GREAT room and amazing view but in the evening around 8pm they would have the speakers cranked out by the pool. It was more of a muffled basey sound, not shrill. I kind of blocked it out after awhile but it would've drove my dh nuts. The music is very resonable in the rest of the hotel.

Others have stayed in club and have not a problem at all with the music though. Your teens will love it !!!!!!!!!

Just got back--stayed at PBH March 10-13. I had originally wanted HRH but Entertainment rate not available there when I booked but was at PBH so chose that. We stopped at HRH and looked around--definately more kids seemed to be there than at
PBH. I really thought my kids (son 10, daughter 8) would have rather stayed there and when I mentioned it to them after looking around, my son said he liked PBH better. Really surprised me! PBH was very luxurious and laid back, even at the swimming pools. HRH pool was much more crowded when we stopped to look at it. The other areas (lobby, terraces etc) didn't seem like there were alot of people in those areas, so it depends on where you are going to spend time, I guess. We did LOVE PBH, though and I would stay there again in a heart-beat. The one advantage I think HRH would have is the closer walking distance. The water taxi from PBH was fine, but often had to wait 15 min or so for it to come. The kids were too tired of walking to do the extra walk back & forth from the hotel.

Since you are a florida resident you should call the Universal directly. I don't remember the number just check the Universal studios web site for the info number because they were running some great special package rates for residents of certain states including florida which included park tickets.

I think you might have misunderstood a post that said that the Hard Rock Cafe was very loud. We ate there and couldn't hear the waiter or anything that each other said. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and the music was very much background music and very enjoyable.

I see some mention an Entertainment rate for Universal Hotels. Does the Disney Magic Club Card w/the entertainment logo on the back count for the discount??? I just booked a room for the Hard Rock w/the fan club. Didn't even ask for Entertainment rate since it is part of my disney club card.

Tink,
THe Disney Magic Card with Entertainment on the back will NOT get you the discount at Universal Hotels.

Mythos is in Islands of Adventure. It is in the Lost Continent, across from Posideon's Fury. When in doubt, follow MIB999999. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter